It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mars Weirdness: Roads?, UFO's?, Rivers?, Tunnels?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
a reply to: Violater1

Iaugh.. Not all are so blessed.
I can zoom in just fine though.

The tunnels look to be fingers of the sorta terraced hard layer that extends from the alleged tunnela and into the distance.
I see a definite geological explanation..

Ill stop there.. I. Assume you have an awesome kreyboard (misspelled or are you trying to be funny) too!
b

Please, by all means, give us your "definite geological explanation."
BTW, I do have an awesome"keyboard."

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Jeep3r said it, but I'll reiterate:

1. The bluish areas is dark sand. We've seen lots of it in that area, so I don't know why would any Mars enthusiasts find it surprising.

2. The "UFOs" are bits of dirt on the camera's lens; they appear in every shot in the same place: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The rest of what you described is just your imagination.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Sorry not seeing it....

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Thank you. I know that as a critic of the DNC, NWO, and FreakMasons, I have many adversaries here on this forum.
Meh

As a fellow critic ... I don't see any of it. But I always love anything Mars related.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think people see what they want to see.

You can take any image of a landscape and image anything you want, including roads, houses and (yes) alien swimming pools. OR, you can take an image and see geology, shadow, weathering and all that.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I clicked the link on my mobile without knowing which forum.
I scrolled back to top to make sure this was in the jokes/pranks forum..
Nope.

i think you are stretching a bit.

b

Oh, your mobile, and there lays the problem. I use three Dell Ultrasharp 32 Ultra HD 4K Monitors. The detail with 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD 4K resolution is very impressive. It’s four times the resolution of Full HD. I forget that not everyone has the same equipment that I have.

What has that have to do with seeing a 1200x1200 image? Most mobiles are HD/1920X(1080) Res or more now, more then enough to see that low resolution photo.

It's good you have multiple 4K Monitors, but they do you absolutely no good in finding artifacts on low resolution photos, you are just throwing out specs to make yourself look bigger and better, however you have failed as others have pretty much shown you proof that your finds are nothing more then image artifacts and natural landmarks found on many other images.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

The UFOs (or darkspots) are camera artifacts that show up at the same position in every frame of MastCam Right. They are especially visible when looking at light backgrounds, which we can verify when comparing the OP image with the example found here.

Large version

Also, the JPEG images that are regularly uploaded at NASA/JPL have a resolution of 1200 x 1200 pixel, which means that a 4K display will not give us any more detail beyond blurring through enlargement.

Regarding the other features you mentioned, it would be nice get some supporting evidence through satellite imagery. Any road or ruins of buildings should be visible in images acquired by MRO's HiRISE camera which has a resolution of 30cm/pixel in most places.

True -- it is either a digital image artifact or a piece of dust.

This dark spot has been on ALL of the Right Mastcam images since the beginning. He is one of the first Right Mastcam images from Sol 13 (the 13th Martian day of the mission). By the way, not only can you see the spot (arrow added by me) was there since the beginning, but that grayish-blue layer of sediment was something we also saw way back then (four years ago). It really isn't a "new" thing.:

If you can't see it on the size that ATS displays the image, click on this
Link to Full-Size Sol 013 Image (Original - No Arrow)

edit on 2016-12-4 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

That dark spot was also visible in the very first Right Mastcam image taken back on Sol 1 (the day that Curiosity landed). However, the picture was some sort of test image, because it was a picture of nothing but homogenous gray (arrow added by me):

Link to Full-Size Sol 001 Image (Original - No Arrow)

edit on 2016-12-4 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey man, awesome thread!

The point is, a thought provoking discussions on what you may have found. It is pretty disgusting that people come on here and slather turd without saying much.

Its like, "WE HAVE TO ANSWER ANGRYLY AND SCREW ANALYSIS!!!"

...ok, its just a photo with highlighted features that may or may not look like remains of an ancient civilization.

It bothers me that people respond so angry to it, like why? How does this bother you? Lol, smh

Anways, you certainly highlighted some interesting features and I can see somewhat of what you're talking about, I think the UFOs are probably something else, the "river" doesn't quite look like the river I have been looking at in another thread.

Mars will always be of interest and I maintain that it is a dead planet with the remains of an ancient and long gone civilization.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I only see a sand worm there.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The river may be filled with this blueish powder.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I wish you would have shown these in the OP.

I apologize. I guess it was my misunderstanding for not knowing how to navigate your links. I didn't see any detailed photos like these.

edit on 4-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: jeep3r

The UFOs (or darkspots) are camera artifacts that show up at the same position in every frame of MastCam Right. They are especially visible when looking at light backgrounds, which we can verify when comparing the OP image with the example found here.

Large version

Also, the JPEG images that are regularly uploaded at NASA/JPL have a resolution of 1200 x 1200 pixel, which means that a 4K display will not give us any more detail beyond blurring through enlargement.

Regarding the other features you mentioned, it would be nice get some supporting evidence through satellite imagery. Any road or ruins of buildings should be visible in images acquired by MRO's HiRISE camera which has a resolution of 30cm/pixel in most places.

True -- it is either a digital image artifact or a piece of dust.

This dark spot has been on ALL of the Right Mastcam images since the beginning. He is one of the first Right Mastcam images from Sol 13 (the 13th Martian day of the mission). By the way, not only can you see the spot (arrow added by me) was there since the beginning, but that grayish-blue layer of sediment was something we also saw way back then (four years ago). It really isn't a "new" thing.:

If you can't see it on the size that ATS displays the image, click on this
Link to Full-Size Sol 013 Image (Original - No Arrow)

That dark spot was also visible in the very first Right Mastcam image taken back on Sol 1 (the day that Curiosity landed). However, the picture was some sort of test image, because it was a picture of nothing but homogenous gray (arrow added by me):

Link to Full-Size Sol 001 Image (Original - No Arrow)

I believe your right. Thank you.
I appreciate you bringing facts to my Opening Post, instead of argumentum ad hominem or snide remarks.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I clicked the link on my mobile without knowing which forum.
I scrolled back to top to make sure this was in the jokes/pranks forum..
Nope.

i think you are stretching a bit.

b

Oh, your mobile, and there lays the problem. I use three Dell Ultrasharp 32 Ultra HD 4K Monitors. The detail with 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD 4K resolution is very impressive. It’s four times the resolution of Full HD. I forget that not everyone has the same equipment that I have.

It would also help to have the brains to match a 1200 x 1200 pixel image will not look any better on your 4k monitor if the image is taken at 1200x1200 zooming in shows NO more detail.

Your lowly 4k monitors are only HALF the resolution of images from my DSLR so

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join