It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares about the homeless?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thatcher was a very useful idiot.

The Ridley Plan (also known as the Ridley Report) was a 1977 report on the nationalised industries in the UK. The report was produced in the aftermath of the Heath government being brought down by the 1974 coal strike.

It was drawn up by the right-wing Conservative MP Nicholas Ridley, a founding member of the Selsdon Group of free market Conservatives. In the report he proposed how the next Conservative government could fight, and defeat, a major strike in a nationalised industry.

Ridley suggested contingency planning to defeat any challenge from trade unions:
-The government should if possible choose the field of battle.
-Industries were grouped by the likelihood of winning a strike; the coal industry was in the 'middle' of three groups of industries mentioned.
-Coal stocks should be built up at power stations.
-Plans should be made to import coal from non-union foreign ports.
-Non-union lorry drivers to be recruited by haulage companies.
-Dual coal-oil firing generators to be installed, at extra cost;
-'Cut off the money supply to the strikers and make the union finance them'.
-Train and equip a large, mobile squad of police, ready to employ riot tactics in order to uphold the law against violent picketing.

These recommendations were leaked to The Economist and published on 27 May 1978.
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2012, University of Sheffield carried out research on behalf of homeless charity Crisis. The study found that life expectancy for the homeless in England is about 47, 30 years earlier than that for the homed.
www.nhs.uk...

In Scotland the situation may be worse -
www.heraldscotland.com...

4 years on and the problem is growing. More perfectly habitable homes standing empty, more hidden communities in the woods etc. More malnutrition cases presenting at hospitals. More despair, fear and worry. More children taken into care.

Somebody mentioned drug use amongst the homeless. If I were a street sleeper, I think I might turn to drugs too. Numb the cold, blot out the indignity, reduce sleep deprivation.

45 million homeless people in America is disgraceful. This war on the poor, the deliberate, planned and orchestrated strategy to reduce peoples' life chances has the appearance of a global depopulation agenda.

And keeping the next tranche afeared of complete ruination makes for willing and compliant slaves. Rather than empowered workers and gross contributors to prosperity.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I think many care about the homeless. There's also many alcoholics and drug addicts who take advantage of the plight of homeless people and use it to con people on the street to give them money to pay for their addictions. Today many people question if some of these people are truly homeless.

There's a guy I see almost daily sitting in a wheel chair with a cardboard sign that says "anything can help." My in-laws had about 30 frozen dinners they were going to throw out just because they were trying to make room in their freezer. They offered them to family members, but nobody wanted them. When my wife told me they were going to throw them out, my thoughts immediately went to the homeless I see around town. Especially the guy I see in a wheel chair at this plaza everyday!

I told my in-laws to give me the dinners and I'll give them to this homeless man. I pulled up next to him in my vehicle and asked him, "hey, how would you like a bunch of frozen dinners!" He says to me, he didn't have anything to heat them up. He said he would have to sit on them to warm them up! I asked him again, "are you sure you don't want them" and again he declined. Really? If I was homeless and hungry, I would find a place to heat them up! If I was really hungry I would eat them cold!

I'm sure this guy had some kind of shelter. His wheelchair sure didn't seem like it was exposed to the elements. I was ready to offer the guy our old microwave oven, but he acted like he didn't have access to an outlet! It's incidents like this that make many question if someone is truly homeless or they're just using people to get their next fix.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Why solve the problem of homeless and drugs when it will put thousands of government people in offices out of jobs and stop them getting the kick backs they get from B & B landlords for sending people to them .

I know a guy who was less than 200 $ or £ 130 in arrears with his rent due to being refused benefits and was to ill to work the council evicted him but they put him up in a £ 180 pw bed and breakfast 19 months later he is still there waiting to be re-housed one place he was in had scabies and he got thrown out for complaining about it over a year later the place still has a problem with scabies ? and they will do nothing about it .

But it keeps people in jobs and that is the bottom line same with the drug users

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Homelessness is a symptom. Im mostly disinterested in treating symptoms, primarily because its a money pit.

Instead, why don't we talk about the disease: our government has sold us out. You, as a retiree, surely understand how atrocious it is that someone can save their whole life and barely be able to outpace inflation. That dollar that you scrimped to put into a savings account in 1970 is worth a small fraction of that today. Our currency rots at a frightening pace.

Add to this the decrease on dollars in circulation due to offshoring of US currency. One the one hand you have foreign nationals working here and exporting currency back home. On the other, much larger hand, you have 21 trillion in cash held in offshore tax havens.

Then finally you have our jobs being moved offshore because we have terrible trade agreements that allow it to be cheaper to ship stuff in from China than to simply make it here. I suppose it doesn't help that The People won't buy USA first.

Then, instead of fixing any of the above, we just tax what is left a little more to feed the homeless that all of the above created.

Our government fixes ZERO problems. All they do is support the problem by sticking band aids all over the symptoms.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
every time I leave my house I think about the homeless and here`s why.

I live in a very small rural village,in the past 20 years I have seen more and more empty homes put up for sale or just abandoned and left empty.
%80-%90 of the empty homes for sale never get sold, I see homes still for sale that were for sale when I moved here over 20 years ago.

when I see all these empty houses just sitting there year after year I think about all the homeless people that could be living in them.

A house that has been sitting empty for 20 years hasn`t been fulfilling it`s purpose of providing a home for someone.

it just seems strange that there are so many empty houses and so many homeless people and yet nobody has found a way to put the 2 together.
homelessness isn`t caused by a housing shortage it`s caused by greed. people will let their houses sit empty for 20 years waiting for someone to pay them top dollar for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That dollar that you scrimped to put into a savings account in 1970 is worth a small fraction of that today. Our currency rots at a frightening pace.

it may seem short sighted and irresponsible but that is exactly why I don`t save any money. I spend all my money as I get it because I figure that the things I buy with the money will hold their value longer than the money itself will.also,prices never go down they always go up so if I save the money and wait to buy something the price will be higher when I do buy it.

my daughter is 25 and she puts a lot of money into an IRA, I asked her why she is wasting all that money by putting it into a retirement account when in 40-50 years when she retires that money will be worth less than half of what it is worth today. I told her that instead of putting that money into a retirement account every payday she should use it to make extra payments on her mortgage to pay it off sooner. The house will retain more of it`s value 40 years from now than the money in a retirement account will.
40 years is a long time to expect greedy politicians not to find a way to get their hands on more of that money she is putting in a retirement account.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everyone should be concerned about the homeless seeing that
many people are just a paycheck or two from being homeless
themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

All cash should be stored in real property. I agree entirely.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: Azureblue

"Slow kill" doesn't seem to far off of a conspiracy when it comes to how the elderly and homeless are treated when on the streets.

One can hope it's not as extreme as to said camps and even as you mentioned about being food. I do know some homeless are shipped off to different cities. Places that are very intolerable about the homeless probably lock them up for most anything.

Also, murder and kidnapping and human trafficking is rampant. There's a quote about being homeless in large cities when people you know go missing, in the effect of: " If someone you know vanishes there's a chance they have thrown into a dumpster."

I suspect the powers that be just plain hope they will die from various causes and i suspect that most die from poor nutition. I would not be surprised if a 'Homeless' vaccine was quietly developed where all the homeless who are vaccinated with it die in about 3-4 months so that it has denyabiity back to the vaccine.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Actually rising rent is from two main things. First is demand for housing in your area vs the supply of housing. Anything that increases demand or decreases supply will raise property value.

Second is a decade of quantitative easing, aka the big financial bailouts paid for with inflation.

The first is the natural way of things. The latter has been Obamas policy for the past 8 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That may be true, but the rent is rising in Idaho because the property taxes on individuals keep rising. Like Kansas.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Who cares about the homeless?

"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get exactly what we need!"
There was a time when I needed to be homeless.

What is 'care' if not manifested in action?
What is 'Love' if not manifested in action?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

"Slow kill" doesn't seem to far off of a conspiracy when it comes to how the elderly and homeless are treated when on the streets.

One can hope it's not as extreme as to said camps and even as you mentioned about being food. I do know some homeless are shipped off to different cities. Places that are very intolerable about the homeless probably lock them up for most anything.

Also, murder and kidnapping and human trafficking is rampant. There's a quote about being homeless in large cities when people you know go missing, in the effect of: " If someone you know vanishes there's a chance they have thrown into a dumpster."

I suspect the powers that be just plain hope they will die from various causes and i suspect that most die from poor nutition. I would not be surprised if a 'Homeless' vaccine was quietly developed where all the homeless who are vaccinated with it die in about 3-4 months so that it has denyabiity back to the vaccine.

It is quoted many people who receive the vaccine do get the flu. Maybe part of the plan. Plus when the virus is shedding from those who were vaccinated it contaminates others around them. See here
edit on 5-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

It is quoted many people who receive the vaccine do get the flu. Maybe part of the plan. Plus when the virus is shedding from those who were vaccinated it contaminates others around them. See here

Now that raises this question, might we live to see the day when disease is spread by vaccine and might disease also get spread by what people, sneese out, exhale, spit, body fluids etc. Then again, if they did that, they might not be able to control who gets infected.

But then again, they might also develop 'special' vaccines, only for those who earn the right to have them through loyal service to TPTB.

I have saved a quote recently by a member of the LAPD who blurted out to someone at a shooting (I thinking it was) that 'guns without serial numbers are reserved for the elite."

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I find it.. interesting.. how about no-one of the Trump-propagandistas are in this thread.

Seems like they don't wont to be bothered with real-world-problems, as they are still chanting "Make 'Murica Fat (sorry, Big or whatever it has to be) Again!"..
Yeah, I don't like chanting. Or Mr. Trump. Or his golden throne. Or his golden lift. Did I miss any meme about him? Because as long as those are true, he is not.
edit on 6 12 2016 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Volunteering is the best way.Giving food,clothes and books as presents would make them happy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join