It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JS Brolo virus, does anyone know how to remove it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

JS Brolo removal procedures

You may want to review this page...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
"your computer has been locked, please call microsoft support on this number"

I heard of some that are so damn stupid as to actually give out their toll free number to negotiate payment.
When their victim brought it to the cops, it was short work for them to find the guy and arrest him.
He was in Seattle, I think.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm not guna tell u how to fix it but how to avoid alot of problems how I do it

But some hard drives there cheap put ur os on 1 and ur important files on the other than lock the hard drive I do it in bios normaly

I do a clean install about every month or so

Every os degrades over time from use it builds junk files slows down its the bigest most problem pice of software u own reinstalling is a good idea from time to time

I rarly have problems with this system and is worth the extra time

U can also do external dive ie u own a laptop just do not and I mean never under any circumstances put important files with ur main system even the most tech say nerds get viruses adware and encryption ransomware or even hacked unless u disconnect from the net it can and will happen this way u got a shure bet ur files are safe there really is no other way

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Best advice yet. Nuke the system and start from scratch.

Keep your os seperate. Even if you dont get a virus again...hardware failure is always a good possibility.

And if your going to install any software, keep the installs backed up if you need them again. And vet your software...dont keep things you dont need or not sure you can trust.

Creating a windows bootable usb and getting a live cd or dvd can also aid recovery.

And finally...avoid the sort of sites that may frequently repeat ghe issue.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I haven't had a problem in any of my clients offices recently but in the past I've used combofix from majorgeeks for hard to remove ones that malwarebytes failed me on. Hope that last attempt resolved it for you though.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Have you tried going into safe mode ( F8 at start up) then running your security scans ?
What anti virus do you use ?
If you use Avast scheduled a boot time scan , if not check if your anti virus does boot time scans.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Malwarebytes and Panda AV should fix you up.
Then go buy a copy of each and never fear again.
These both have worked very well for me in the pass and I use them both today with out fear.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It will and has created dozens of extensions and PUPs and even Windows or OS systems names and urls even with the MS or APPLE tags so you dont recognize it. Its hard to get rid of any of these...even some have a command to replicate elsewhere if deleted.

I get these browser hijack screens maybe once a week...but autorun Malewarebytes, CCleaner and Windows Defenders once or twice a week...it runs automatically. Never removes these, but they show sometimes, sometimes not. I do quarantine stuff every so often. I dont delete these..because they have other links that arent removed and will reinstall.

Im doing good now just deleting history and keeping popups blocked and Security up. IF I get a hijack page...I dont sign or click out...I hit the power button and crash/shut off the comp. I restart it and its gone usually for a week or so. That doesnt solve your issue, but is something that will get you back up into what you were doing at the time.

More tech and IT minder ATS'rs here will help you out and know better than I. Good luck....MS
edit on 4-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splchkr

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
An update

Most of the nastier stuff is gone but Ill still occasionally get a random pop up, happened twice after my virus check instead of the usual hourly hijack.

Ive decided Im just gonna scrub the system and be more careful in future.

I really appreciate all the help guys

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join