It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Party Drops Statewide Pennsylvania Recount

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Source

The decision came two days before a court hearing was scheduled in the case. Saturday’s court filing to withdraw the case said the Green Party-backed voters who filed the case “are regular citizens of ordinary means” and cannot afford the $1 million bond ordered by the court by 5 p.m. Monday. However, Green Party-backed efforts to force recounts and analyze election software in scattered precincts were continuing.

I'm sure some of you are asking about the $7 million already raised by Stein, that was mostly sapped by Wisconsin. After initially saying a recount would cost $1.1 million, Wisconsin officials said the price would actually cost $3.9 million. In the meantime, Michigan's attorney general has sued to stop the recount which will further eat into the money raised by the Green party that was going to go towards recount costs.

Why would you sue to stop if you know you've won? Why would you increase the cost if you know you've won? Something's strange about this...why would they fight so hard to stop a recount?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I would Hope the I.R.S. will be All Over Jill Stein like a Cheap Suit in Finding out where the Rest of that Money is Really Going . This is Not over Yet .

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Especially since much of the money raised was from other countries.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Why would you sue to stop if you know you've won? Why would you increase the cost if you know you've won? Something's strange about this...why would they fight so hard to stop a recount?

Because theyre being responsible and trying not to waste time and money.
Considering the call for recount came from a no chance also ran it shouldnt even have been entertained in the first place

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

Why would you sue to stop if you know you've won? Something's strange about this...why would they fight so hard to stop a recount?

Same reason Bush got the Supreme court to stop the recount, in Bush vs Gore.

It could possibly change the results !

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Stay classy progressives...

Maybe Jill Stein and Hillary's "officials" could listen to Hillary herself...

Stein is undoubtedly doing this to help Hillary since stein is impossibly out of this race...

What else could be steins motive if not to help Hillary bypass American law and tradition??

Chris

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Why would you request a recount when you know you've lost? Why would you waste donated and taxpayer money on a recount if you know you've lost? Something's strange about this...why would they fight so hard for a recount?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The recount costs way more than what the green party is paying. The states taxpayers pay the balance. Wisconsin probably won't change anyway, Trump had a bigger lead there. Michigan is also doing a challenge. Michigan has historically been a Democratic vote and they did check things out because it went the other way already and that is why it took so long to verify a Trump win here. That is what I hear here anyway, they are pretty confident with the results, although actually they were thinking it would be the other way because of history. People here are sick of losing jobs to other countries, Wisconsin people are also getting a little irked about jobs going overseas. I don't know about Pennsylvania, but I know how Michigan people and half of Wisconsin people feel, we have been seeing jobs disappear for a while now. We are not dumb.

I think if they come out with a good democratic candidate next time, one who is going to continue trying to get industry back here, the Dems will win next time. For this area to vote Republican is very rare, and almost all the working people here that I have talked to, other than government employees and people who work in bureaucracies and hospitals, seem to say we need to get industry back in this country.

It just happened, we got sick of the unemployment rate lies.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I don't think it is about Hillary, unless Hill is paying her separately

She posted on twitter before the election the Trump would be better than Hillary.

I think there is money involved. Whether it is money or not, she has killed any other chance she may have had.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In related news, a few min ago the U.S. District Court in Detroit announced it will hold a rare Sunday session (10:30am tomorrow) to rule on Jill Stein's suit from Friday alleging that the Trump filings are a delaying tactic and holding up a legal process.

Detroit Free Press

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

HUH????
Hard to believe the federal court is going to disregard both state lawsuits????

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Smart move.
2nd line.

S&F

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

HUH????
Hard to believe the federal court is going to disregard both state lawsuits????

They haven't ruled yet. For all we know they may be fixing to blow out Stein's lawsuit tomorrow and put a stake in this thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
After finding that the judge hearing the case is a liberal democrat appointed by Obama, it's entirely possible he may rule in Stein's favor and order the recount to move forward starting Monday.

At this point I don't even know why Stein would pursue it though. Without PA there is zero chance of a Clinton flip.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
He is where I stand on this Recount. I am a Trump supporter. I think he has what it takes to getting this country to be productive again. To work again. People in power is shutting down Jill Stein. I find that as an oddity at least.

Will I contribute? No. I support Trump. So far it seems he is doing, or trying to do some things for the citizens of this country. But one does have to ask himself. Did he win it fairly? Who really knows. Do I really care? Actually no. My guess is that they both cheated somehow.
edit on 3-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voiceofthemajority
After finding that the judge hearing the case is a liberal democrat appointed by Obama, it's entirely possible he may rule in Stein's favor and order the recount to move forward starting Monday.

At this point I don't even know why Stein would pursue it though. Without PA there is zero chance of a Clinton flip.

As an aside can we talk about the greatness of your avatar??
Page is my hero and the reason I own WAY too many les Pauls...

Still the coolest man ever to walk the planet save Elvis...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Stein has not given up in PA.
She has just dropped the class action lawsuit that she filed on behalf of 100 voters.

She is still pushing forward the district recounts where she encouraged 3 voters to file affidavits for recounts.
Some of those will still go forward, and in every one of them Stein is still pushing to get a look at the programming of the voting machines.

Philadelphia started recounting in 5% of their districts now, based on the affidavits.
They had to wait until the initial count was complete. This just completed on 11/30.
I don't trust Philly one bit.
If there is a county that will make every effort to do anything to help Stein to invalidate PA, it is Philly.
Clinton won over 80% of Philly, and it is heavily Democrat.

Allegheny is another county that has some districts pending recounts.
Hillary won there also.
It is also very Dem in that county.

I think that Stein is going to continue to attempt to find something, even if she has to invent it, in order to get PA thrown out.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I don't trust Philly one bit.

I think that Stein is going to continue to attempt to find something, even if she has to invent it, in order to get PA thrown out.

I don't either fwiw...

Obama's appointment of AG Holder saw the mountains of evidence of voter intimidation ignored and not pursued...
Do u think the charges would've been ignored in a highly contested southern state where klansmen behaved as these despicable black panthers did??

We all know the answer...

As for ur last sentence I agree she is fishing...
For what?
I don't know..
But can speculate stein is after the software architecture of voting machines...
If her lawyers gain access to this it could get into the right(read progressive) hands..

-Chris
edit on 3-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

As an aside can we talk about the greatness of your avatar??
Page is my hero and the reason I own WAY too many les Pauls...

Still the coolest man ever to walk the planet save Elvis...

Ha ...thanks, believe it or not, the avatar is actually an ink drawing some very talented artist did by hand! I came across it on the net quite a while ago and have been saving it for a special occassion and when I signed up here Ifelt it was time to put it to good use.

So yeah, Page is no doubt the patron saint of les pauls, and I feel your pain as I admit I have a guitar collecting addiction as well...currently: a les paul, 2 strats, an explorer, 58 Vee replica (handbuilt), a 5150 Kramer replica (handbuilt) and several superstrats and this is after selling off quite a few over the summer.

Overall I'd put Page as my second biggest influence right behind Eddie but I do think he may have the distinction in my book of laying down the best rock solo of all time.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
More:

Green Party switches strategy in Pennsylvania recount bid

A Green Party-backed campaign changed its strategy to force a statewide recount of Pennsylvania’s Nov. 8 presidential election, won by Republican Donald Trump, and said late Saturday night that it will seek help in the federal courts, rather than the state courts.

The announcement that it would seek an emergency federal court order on Monday for a recount came hours after it dropped a case in the state courts.

“Make no mistake — the Stein campaign will continue to fight for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania,” recount campaign lawyer Jonathan Abady said in a statement issued around 11:30 p.m. “We are committed to this fight to protect the civil and voting rights of all Americans.”

Not entirely dead yet.

If she can't get PA, then it's over. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join