It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orson Scott Card to write Ultimate Iron Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hugo and Nebula award winner Orson Scott Card will be writing the upcoming Ultimate Iron Man. Card, best known for his novels Ender’s Game and Speaker for the Dead, is a perfect fit to a comic book about a man who is dependant on machinery to live.
The comic book will be penciled by Marvel super star artist Andy Kubert

It seems a trend with Marvel to launch a new Ultimate line book before the launch of a wide release movie.
They have done so with Spider-man, X-Men, and DareDevil/Electra.
The Ultimate re-works classic Marvel superheroes in a contemporary fashion.
Iron Man already appears in the Ultimates the Ultimate line's answer to the Avengers. The Ultimates basicly take the fantastic elements of super heroes and places them in a realistic settings. They deal with current issues such as terrorists and such.

Based on the success of the Ultimates we can expect Ultimate Iron Man to be a big hit.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This book came out today for those who were interested in picking it up.

www.marvel.com...

I think I will scoop it up on the weekend.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Today the Hardcover of Ultimate Ironman is released.

www.marvel.com...
The most imaginative, groundbreaking comic of 2005! International bestseller, four-time Hugo award, two-time Nebula award and World Fantasy Award winner Orson Scott Card (author of Ender’s Game, Speaker for the Dead, Shadow Puppets) comes to the Ultimate Universe. He’s joined by industry legend Andy Kubert (ULTIMATE X-MEN, MARVEL 1602 and WOLVERINE: ORIGIN) to show the shocking beginning of Ultimate Iron Man! If you thought THE ULTIMATES told you everything you needed to know about Ultimate Iron Man, think again!

The HC collects Ultimate Ironman issues 1-5.

I have the first issue and I liked it, but I think I will wait for the trade paperback.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Nerd.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Am I supposed to take that as a personal insult?

Do you have anything significant to contribute, or are you just here to call people names?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Glad to see someone excited for new OSC, too bad his recent books didn't get any attention. His newest segment of the Bean series (parallel to Ender's Game) was an interesting insight to the political implications of a one world goverment and the return of the caliphate.

Back to the subject on hand, looks good, will wait for paperback.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Looks like you took it personally if you warned me over it...lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tHeJwAy13
Looks like you took it personally if you warned me over it...lol.

Nope, that was me. If it wasn't an insult than you could have easily written more than just one word to explain.

Now if you really want to detract and derail a thread, please see our Term & Conditions or feel free to u2u me.

Thanks much.

top topics

join