It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Trump, One Phone call makes China ---- itself

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Maybe it's about time our prez's didn't piss US off?

Too late for that. Trump wants to piss people off it feeds his tiny ... ego.

China is building islands in international waters and pissing off our allies.

Maybe it's time our allies grew some balls and dealt with their own problems.

What do you want? Obama already apologized to everybody. Right?

This lie again?

Next time a dem ever gets the office, they can go around and apologize again.

If there is anything left after the great orange turd is done destroying it.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: mahatche
Why is doing everything in his power to piss off china a good thing?

Is it the job of the president to intentionally try to piss off other countries?

"man I love how our president is making enemies" how is this logical?

what did Trump do to try to piss off someone?
he answered a call from the President of Taiwan.
The fact that he's talking to foreign leaders before he's sworn in could be a marker for how he deals with international issues.
More talking seems like a good idea..

Not when it breaks federal law. He can of course talk to that leader but it would violate the Logan Act if he were to discuss any policies with him. He by law has to wait until he's President to do that.

It's a "HER" not a him.

You should be a lawyer.

The law is still the law whether it's a male or female simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Floridagoat

PS: China wants to claim South China Sea and threaten free trade shipping, surely warming up to Taiwan in public is a proper recourse

...which will be viewed as a provocation by the Chinese. It's bad enough that we sell arms to Taiwan, but to go back on the One China Policy would be a major mistake under the circumstances. There are undoubtedly secret protocols between the United States and Taiwan, which may be one reason why the PRC has been trying to absorb Taiwan peacefully, through economic investment.

...and? China building in the S.China sea is a provocation to neighboring countries.

Nothing wrong with selling arms to Taiwan, the Republic of China needs them and we will be there to support them. This is a TRUE CHINA, the ones that didn't yeild. The point is, they are the most vulnerable democratic nation that is endangered of being attacked.

China failed when Taiwans election didn't pick a chinese lacky.

Lol, pacific war, with what? Just as blind as the other poster who wantes a large foot army to run across the pacific and take over all the US western hemisphere, finally capturing "microsoft" of all places, oh man again, this stuff is gold.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

...and? China building in the S.China sea is a provocation to neighboring countries.

Agreed. If the Chinese don't back down there will certainly be a shooting war.

Nothing wrong with selling arms to Taiwan, the Republic of China needs them and we will be there to support them. This is a TRUE CHINA, the ones that didn't yeild. The point is, they are the most vulnerable democratic nation that is endangered of being attacked.

The KMT were literally gangsters, and not much better than Mao. Taiwan is only now becoming somewhat of a democracy, now that the original nationalists are dying of old age.

China failed when Taiwans election didn't pick a chinese lacky.

They will keep at it, though. Meanwhile, they are trying to buy a controlling stake in Taiwan's economy.

Lol, pacific war, with what? Just as blind as the other poster who wantes a large foot army to run across the pacific and take over all the US western hemisphere, finally capturing "microsoft" of all places, oh man again, this stuff is gold.

I know! Can you imagine aircraft carriers slugging it out in the Pacific? That could never happen in a million years, right? [/sarcasm] People don't usually plan to start a war, they grow out of conflicting policies. The objectives would not be conquest or occupation, but assertion of hegemony over the seas.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You know...I'll agree to your post. Good rebuttal.

STARRED

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Last war the us has won is ww2, why would china # there pants.

Really?are you totally certain?

Because there is one true super power in every meaning of the word on this planet and that is the USA.

Keep on hating but war isn't just bullets and bombs.

And even those wars...did they really lose? How many people have they killed, civilians and enemy soldiers again? How much infrastructure have they destroyed? How many nations have they set back decades as a result? All the while the only "hits" on American soil have come from clandestine terrorist groups, while no other actual country has ever dared hit America back on its home soil.

Whose culture is the dominant culture on the planet?
Whose currency is the worlds reserve currency that almost all trade goes through?

Yeh sure they've lost. Lmfao

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Is it the job of the president to intentionally try to piss off other countries?

The fact that he's talking to foreign leaders before he's sworn in could be a marker for how he deals with international issues.

I'm referencing the opening sentence in the OP which states "If everyone paid attention to the campaign it was no secret that Trump was going to do everything in his power to piss off china.". That's the opening line in a thread titled "I love trump one call and china ____ itself" so I'm asking, why the hell would doing everything in his power to piss off china be a good thing? those were OPs words.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Christosterone

Dear Liberals/Progressives/Snowflakes, This is what being a strong president entail

No, this is how a self serving neocon abuses power.

“The mayor of Taoyuan confirmed rumors on Wednesday that US president-elect Donald Trump was considering constructing a series of luxury hotels and resorts in the northwest Taiwanese city. A representative from the Trump Organization paid a visit to Taoyuan in September, expressing interest in the city’s Aerotropolis, a large-scale urban development project aimed at capitalizing on Taoyuan’s status as a transport hub for East Asia, Taiwan News reports.”
www.huffingtonpost.com...
[/quot e]

Maybe you have short term or selective memory problems.

Taiwan called Trump to congratulate him. You're acting like Trump called them.

You also he no proof as to what Trump and the President of Taiwan talked about.

In short? You're throwing a tantrum to express your dissatisfaction with Trump for no real reason other than to throw a tantrum.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Taiwan called Trump to congratulate him. You're acting like Trump called them.

You make it sound like Trump's cell phone rang at 9.00 AM with "Unknown Caller" on the caller ID. According to the source that broke the story, the call was arranged. His people talked to her people; there was ample time to weigh the political and diplomatic consequences:

www.taipeitimes.com...

Perhaps Trump should stop skipping the intelligence briefings. He can use all the intelligence he can get. (Hey-oh!)

You also he no proof as to what Trump and the President of Taiwan talked about.

Exactly. So much for the unprecedented openness of the Trump administration. If he doesn't start making recordings of his calls to foreign heads of state public, the speculation will get rife.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Really?are you totally certain?

Because there is one true super power in every meaning of the word on this planet and that is the USA.

Keep on hating but war isn't just bullets and bombs.

And even those wars...did they really lose? How many people have they killed, civilians and enemy soldiers again? How much infrastructure have they destroyed? How many nations have they set back decades as a result? All the while the only "hits" on American soil have come from clandestine terrorist groups, while no other actual country has ever dared hit America back on its home soil.

Whose culture is the dominant culture on the planet?
Whose currency is the worlds reserve currency that almost all trade goes through?

Yeh sure they've lost. Lmfao

You had to be that guy, hows iraq and afghanistan going bud.
edit on 4-12-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What about Taiwan and the Taiwanese people? I get that Trump likes to act like the Big Man on Campus and he gets-off on rattling people. But China has made it abundantly clear that they won't be looking the other way while Taiwan goes off to do its own thing. If China feels like the US is poking it in the eye and decides to act to protect its interests in Taiwan what happens to those people? I'm not suggesting that China would 'nuke' Taiwan but they very well could 'invade' and dissolve its government. The Taiwanese would lose years of progress. All so Trump can look important? No thought of the repercussions?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

The well documented appearances of Trump's conflicts of interest is NOT "no reason".

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: snowspirit
I'm waiting for him to talk to Kim Jong-Un.

Imagine the panic ....

The news media will be in such a state 😂

He would likely appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador there. Now I would REALLY love to see that media blitz....

honestly that would be a great pick. Considering he has actually met little Kimmie and lived to tell about. And that he "is a friend for life". I mean American only get jailed over there but Dennis is best buddies with kim. It would be a nice fit.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'm referencing the opening sentence in the OP which states "If everyone paid attention to the campaign it was no secret that Trump was going to do everything in his power to piss off china.". That's the opening line in a thread titled "I love trump one call and china ____ itself" so I'm asking, why the hell would doing everything in his power to piss off china be a good thing? those were OPs words.

Because China has been stealing are Jobs, and hacking into are # for years. Its about time America has stood up to China. Because as of now the only company with the balls to stand up to China was Google who accuessed them and had proof that China was actively stealing user information and source code. Now its time for the US Government.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So China filed a formal complaint with the Obama administration about a phone call to an elected official but building an airbase in the Senkaku Islands including a pier for their Navy in Japanese territory is ok? Which one are you as a citizen more worried about.

48 days...

This 100% agreed

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
they would vrap there pants because if we went to war with them they would be cut off from our teat no dollar milk makes them a brokearse economy with a billion hungry mouths to feed. snf it woulf be a very ddifferent war because our navy would dominate.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
they would vrap there pants because if we went to war with them they would be cut off from our teat no dollar milk makes them a brokearse economy with a billion hungry mouths to feed. snf it woulf be a very ddifferent war because our navy would dominate.

And when the supply chain to American industry is broken?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

And, unlike WW2 - It's not likely to get any help from the Russian bear.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So The Donald grabbed China by her sensitive parts, and provoked her objections.

But, isn't that just The Donald's way?

His very first interaction on becoming President-Elect is to touch her where she is most tender.

That's always been Donald's opening move.

After all, he says, you can do that when you're Famous.

And The Donald is most famous.

So, I guess this is all just in character of The Man.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join