It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Trump, One Phone call makes China ---- itself

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Thanks. Not sure anyone else gets it

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: whyamIhere
China needs a tissue for their issue.

"There's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Sheriff Trump.

They called we answered...it's too early to be call screening.

"America the Great - Bravado!"

Bravado is confidence without anything backing it up..
America can back things up.

And to your statement this is the beginning it can get much worse..
It can get much better too.
We havn't really seen anything yet.

I'm watching closely as there are a few things that worry me,
but nothing says "doom on the horizon."
In fact I was very worried about Syria and how well we can work with Russia when I was watching Hillary and others push for a no fly zone. Now I'm breathing a sigh of relief for now.

And anyone wondering I'm far left,
But there is no need to keep crying.

"complained about the gloom,
but when'd you pick a broom up?
just listenin to pac,
aint gon make it stop
A rebel in your thoughts
aint gon make it halt
if you don't become an actor,
you'll never be a factor."
~lupe fiasco (words I never said)

in other words stop wishing for your own demise.
Just so you can say told you so.
Wish for the positive future you want to see.
Face reality..
Why anyone wants to make Trump's job any harder than it needs to be is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: whyamIhere
China needs a tissue for their issue.

"There's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Sheriff Trump.

They called we answered...it's too early to be call screening.

"America the Great - Bravado!"

Bravado is confidence without anything backing it up..
America can back things up.

I find it funny that someone has to back it up

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have no problem with Trump talking to Taiwan. China does not make up the US's diplomatic policy.

What I am finding unnerving is the tone of the right wing in this thread seemingly not giving a crap about China at all. China is not Russia. They dont need to nuke the USA to destroy us.

Nixon was right. We can have China as either a competitor or a enemy. We do well as competitors..as enemies, the world would be a disaster.

I do hope Trump appreciates this overall. Otherwise, sure. kick them a bit to make them respond with a bit more damn respect to the US is in order..especially considering how they treated the (current) POTUS..no, they didn't treat Obama disrespectfully...it was the symbol that Obama represented that they were disrespecting..so lets not suggest Trump is somehow out of line. A bit of a no bullcrap stance may indeed be in order..but just gotta watch the line.

And the armchair generals around here need to sit down and shaddup...no, you bloody well dont want a nuclear war with china you damn morons. your fat arses would be first in the fires.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
Why is doing everything in his power to piss off china a good thing?

Is it the job of the president to intentionally try to piss off other countries?

"man I love how our president is making enemies" how is this logical?

what did Trump do to try to piss off someone?
he answered a call from the President of Taiwan.
The fact that he's talking to foreign leaders before he's sworn in could be a marker for how he deals with international issues.
More talking seems like a good idea..

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Donald quickly made it clear who called whom yesterday in this tweet because of how it was being reported in the mainstream news:

Here

He also made it clear about relations between the U.S. and Taiwan in this tweet:

Here

If this has already been posted, please excuse me.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Very well said.

I do not have a problem with Trump engaging China and letting them know that some things may need to change, or at least that some issues need to be addressed, but we cannot go in to this "guns a blazin'" with a cavalier attitude.

This is one of the issues that many had with Trump because he does not have the knowledge and temperament to be diplomatic. He is used to playing cut-throat hardball. That does not jive in foreign relations.

I'll be patient and see what he does, but I am not very optimistic.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I Think Your Cute annee , but I am a Bit Cuter ..... Mr. Trump told me to say that ............)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

You sirs get a STAR.

Whelp, that clears that up. More fake news from the MSM, or DSM.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

China is a 3rd class #ed up communist state. Without us buying their crap, their companies will shut down. USA will offer incentives to build these products in the USA while the tax cuts we give individuals will offset the higher prices on USA products until we can get manufacturing costs lower with new tooling and lower cost energy pricing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So China filed a formal complaint with the Obama administration about a phone call to an elected official but building an airbase in the Senkaku Islands including a pier for their Navy in Japanese territory is ok? Which one are you as a citizen more worried about.

48 days...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

To be fair, the damage is already done. Their manufacturing base has enough of our things to perpetuate itself.

Our manufacturing base, although hollowed, can be refilled and stocked. Re-learning isnt an issue and I feel that we will have to accept basic responsibility and work hard, maybe for less, to get back to high exports.

Our extend an olive branch, we do have exports ranging in the trillions, but we could vastly do better.

edit on 3-12-2016 by Arnie123 because: Changed a word.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Im all for being tough and addressing the trade problems with China, however I think Id use more tact. Its Trumps demeanor that is more of a problem than most of his policies. Though I seriously disagree with a few.

Im not saying his approach wont work, but might just as likely instigate some kind of war.

** I just saw that Trump says he was called by Taiwan, not the other way around, congratulating him. My above thoughts remain generally the same though.

edit on 3-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So China filed a formal complaint with the Obama administration about a phone call to an elected official but building an airbase in the Senkaku Islands including a pier for their Navy in Japanese territory is ok? Which one are you as a citizen more worried about.

48 days...

Point Well Taken....

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Im all for being tough and addressing the trade problems with China, however I think Id use more tact. Its Trumps demeanor that is more of a problem than most of his policies. Though I seriously disagree with a few.

Im not saying his approach wont work, but might just as likely instigate some kind of war.

** I just saw that Trump says he was called by Taiwan, not the other way around, congratulating him. My above thoughts remain generally the same though.

Your thoughts remain generally the same? Jesus H.

He answered a phone call and that isn't enough tact?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The point is not that Trump talked with Japan. The point is that he was most likely clueless that it was even a transgression, and he used TWITTER as a media to disclose. Effing TWITTER. That's.. just great. Again.. his utter lack of foreign policy and decorum is going to cause rifts with allies and piss off enemies. Supporters of Trump take it as a show of strength. The reality is that it is a show of ignorance.

Going to be an interesting 4 years.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Annee

I Think Your Cute annee , but I am a Bit Cuter ..... Mr. Trump told me to say that ............)

Argh! You made me look.

I'm gonna have nightmares now.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Donald quickly made it clear who called whom yesterday in this tweet because of how it was being reported in the mainstream news:

He also made it clear about relations between the U.S. and Taiwan in this tweet:

What's that saying?

Too little, too late.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Is it the job of the president to intentionally try to piss off other countries?

what did Trump do to try to piss off someone?
he answered a call from the President of Taiwan.
The fact that he's talking to foreign leaders before he's sworn in could be a marker for how he deals with international issues.
More talking seems like a good idea..

Not when it breaks federal law. He can of course talk to that leader but it would violate the Logan Act if he were to discuss any policies with him. He by law has to wait until he's President to do that.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Maybe it's about time our prez's didn't piss US off?

China is building islands in international waters and pissing off our allies.

What do you want? Obama already apologized to everybody. Right?

Next time a dem ever gets the office, they can go around and apologize again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join