It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The campaign to criminalize criticism of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well i can�t disscuss that here, untill everybody reads the article and posts his opinion about that matter, because that problem is becoming known in the entire globe, and other things are loosing protagonism because of it...
Anyway the article is has some wrong concepts, but in general says a LOT.
Enjoy the read.

Last week, after Israeli targeted Hamas leader Abdel Aziz Rantisi � and, instead, got a woman passer-by and a three year-old child, while 27 others were injured. � George W. Bush came out with some very mild criticism of Israel:

"I am troubled by the recent Israeli helicopter gunship attacks. I regret the loss of innocent life. I also don't believe that the attacks help Israeli security."

From the hysterical reaction, one might have thought that he had uttered a blood libel, or suddenly taken to wearing a kaffiyeh. Such a commotion! House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas), reportedly strode into the Oval Office and threatened to push a resolution through Congress offering unconditional support to Sharon and implicitly rebuking the President.

Rest of that nice article:

www.antiwar.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
was that critisizm from President Bush on the front or the back of that check we're sending them every year?

If something is known to be the truth..then why do we need to pass laws making it illegal to say otherwise...it should just be accepted as the truth. So what does that say about this?

I think if we start asking ourselves what is the one country in the world the US doesnt stand up to, and why we dont stand up to them, we might find some decent answers to what is really going on over there.

They're playing the the "Anti-Semitic" card as an offensive, plain and simple. It's the oldest trick in the book, label them as Anti-Semitic and they'll lose all credibility.

ohh...on a complete and off the subject topic. The BBC World will be airing "Israel's Secret Weapons" this weekend and I will be recording it. I hope someone else will watch it, I'd love to discuss it with all of you.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
was that critisizm from President Bush on the front or the back of that check we're sending them every year?

If something is known to be the truth..then why do we need to pass laws making it illegal to say otherwise...it should just be accepted as the truth. So what does that say about this?

I think if we start asking ourselves what is the one country in the world the US doesnt stand up to, and why we dont stand up to them, we might find some decent answers to what is really going on over there.

They're playing the the "Anti-Semitic" card as an offensive, plain and simple. It's the oldest trick in the book, label them as Anti-Semitic and they'll lose all credibility.

ohh...on a complete and off the subject topic. The BBC World will be airing "Israel's Secret Weapons" this weekend and I will be recording it. I hope someone else will watch it, I'd love to discuss it with all of you.

Don�t trust BBC too much, remember is media news, so it won�t be trustable, anyway the ethno bomb is the most famous "secret weapon" for the israeli army...
But the article talks about the anti semitic feeling, that they will use that against anybody who disagrees with them, because israel is the only jew-state, if u are not agree with them u are Anti jew, or a Nazi, or something like that, they play the victimist game like a child...
Or using the history to make them look like poor little jews, when they have done a lot of stuff, they are in power much more than anyone else, and people still don�t understanding that...

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I couldnt agree more. sooner or later they wont be able to play that card anymore and will be exposed.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
"Don't trust the BBC" i'm not their biggest fan, but that statement is rediculous, the BBC is a more reliable source of news than anything on the net, because they try to be neutral everyone thinks they are biased. The BBC have made plenty of mistakes in their time, but who hasn't? the reporting from BBC journalists that i have read and watched has been on a par with anything i have seen elswhere.
If something is not mentioned on the programme, it is because the reporting team don't have evidence to back it up. The BBC has done a lot of good work in keeping the British public informed of events that otherwise go unreported.

On a different note, Isreal will play that card until it is forced not to, wouldn't you?
and they won't be forced not to for many years.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How about rewarding terrorism by giving over land. What's your opinion on that? Blabbing about signing checks is funny. It doesn't bother you that a group that blows things up on a daily basis gets rewarded by being given the vast majority of the west bank for autonomic rule does it?

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

"I am troubled by the recent Israeli helicopter gunship attacks. I regret the loss of innocent life. I also don't believe that the attacks help Israeli security."

Perhaps the most brightess thing he never said.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
CoLD aNGeR, I don't know what is wrong between you and Israel, but do you have another subject in mind ?

You have a fixation about Israel.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I guess the key is "criminalise" and, apart from making vast sums of money for the lawyers on its way to failure, it's hard to see how any such campaign could square with the constitution.
Estragon has long led campaigns to criminalise all criticism of Estragon, English cricket, and cheap liquor (in that order) - it ain't that easy.
This is a media issue and nothing more: the real campaign is to "immoralise" all such criticism: he who is against Sharon is for Himmler.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
CoLD aNGeR, I don't know what is wrong between you and Israel, but do you have another subject in mind ?

You have a fixation about Israel.

And u said several times your sympathy with israel, even having this kind of things around:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So i really don�t know what is wrong with you facing some stuff...

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
What i dont understand is why the Israelis and Palestinians are killing each other over land, this has sbeen going on for centuries and they still havnt resolved the matter.

I reckon a no-mans land should be imposed.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

And u said several times your sympathy with israel, even having this kind of things around:

Stay cool CA. There is just a misunderstanding.

I was meaning that most of your last post are speaking about Israel, and ONLY Israel. I didn't attack you.I just did a remarck. So, don't be upset with me.

Also, I don't have any problems to face some stuff.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

Stay cool CA. There is just a misunderstanding.

I was meaning that most of your last post are speaking about Israel, and ONLY Israel. I didn't attack you.I just did a remarck. So, don't be upset with me.

Also, I don't have any problems to face some stuff.

But indirectly u are pointing an obssesion, and is just simply because i hate unjustice more than anything else, and a lot of people here are only able to say, that palestinians are terrorists, poor victims of the human bombs, while obviously the other side of the coin is much worst, and about THIS article is just to show how biased is the media with the zionists...
I am not upset, just amazed sometimes about your replies after such articles...

new topics

top topics

join