It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ghosts Really Hallucinations?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I personally never had an imaginary friend and still have witnessed unexplainable things in my life. Let's say for a second that you witnessed a plate levitating would it then be just a hallucination? Or did it really happen? I'm actually taking into consideration what your theory is and trying to better understand it. It's certainly possible for your brain to trick you into seeing things. It would be hard to argue that anything we saw was reality. If it was a hallucination and we can't separate it from reality would that then be stepping into mental illness territory?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I recently had an unusual experience on a bright, sunny afternoon and thought it'd be fun to see if anyone else has had this happen? A midday 'ghostly' encounter that wasn't creepy at all.

Cheers for sharing dude, I had a daytime encounter that didn't involve anything moving and I wasn't the only one to see it. I was once involved in the S.C.A. (Society for Creative Anachronism) and we held our meetings in a Summer House in the corner of Edzell Castle, the view was similar to that in the pic below, I don't recall it being quite as sunny though... (This photo was taken outside the Summer House but it's not much different, it's just framed by a doorway)

I was with my, then, Girlfriend and I pointed up to the top left window, I said "Is it just me or is she wearing a medieval dress?" (we held our meetings in full Medieval Garb and were the only people in garb that day), My O/H looked up and agreeed that she thought she was. The others looked out but must have missed her. Nothing was thought of it until we went into the main Castle itself, we were on the 1st floor and we looked up. The 2nd floor had a metal walkway that took up half the building, meaning on the 2nd floor only the right hand window has floor below it but on the 3rd floor, there is no floor, nobody could have gotten up there. We double checked with castle staff but there was no work going on and there would have been nobody at that window, especially someone in a white dress. We aren't the only people to have seen Edzell Castle's White Lady either, here is a story from a local paper about her, from 2005 and my personal experience would have been 1996.

I don't know about the halllucination theory, I mean I have experienced a few ghostly goings on and mostly with other people (I've even accompanied a Spiritual Investigations Team as a sceptic a couple of times and been blown away with what happened), More plausable, to me, is the Alternate Dimension Theory and, of course, the glimpses of the past theory...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

I have come to one conclusion about seeing deceased family members after they've passed away however. It always seems to be those, ''in my case anyways'', who really never believed in that stuff...

I haven't seen any deceased family members per se, but I was - I dunno - either very vividly dreamed or oobed by an Uncle about 20 years ago. I was asleep, and I think dreaming something doofus as usual (either my dreams are chaotic or are SP), and the whole thing changed. I 'woke' in the tunnel between states with my Uncle, and he told me he had just died at home, and wanted me to go with him as far as I could to see the thing for myself.

We spent what seemed to be forever drifting down what I couldn't really call a tunnel. It wasn't normal space, either. Imagine being in a tube of sky with maybe land all around, like you were drifting down the center of a tubular Earth. No weight. And the most amazing sunrise/set at the end we were going into. We reached a point where I slowed and stopped, and he said it was as far as I could go, and would I help him go the rest of the way. He had a sort of umbilicus that tied him to the dark end, as did I, and in the dream it changed as you examined it. Not paid attention to, it was like a cord. But examined closely, everything that tied you to the dark end became evident, and you could sort of choose all the various things (there were a million of them) and live them in real time (hard to explain). We spent some time cutting his cord. It took a long time, and a lot of effort, but eventually it broke, and he shot into the sunrise/set like a catapult, while I started drifting back. Then I woke up abruptly, got up, told the old lady that Uncle Frank had just passed and called Mom to tell her. "Your aunt just called and let us know, who called you?" No one, Mom, Uncle Frank came and told me himself on the way out.

So I'm not sure what you would call that. It's the one and only time, though.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: JesusXst

I have come to one conclusion about seeing deceased family members after they've passed away however. It always seems to be those, ''in my case anyways'', who really never believed in that stuff...

I haven't seen any deceased family members per se, but I was - I dunno - either very vividly dreamed or oobed by an Uncle about 20 years ago. I was asleep, and I think dreaming something doofus as usual (either my dreams are chaotic or are SP), and the whole thing changed. I 'woke' in the tunnel between states with my Uncle, and he told me he had just died at home, and wanted me to go with him as far as I could to see the thing for myself.

We spent what seemed to be forever drifting down what I couldn't really call a tunnel. It wasn't normal space, either. Imagine being in a tube of sky with maybe land all around, like you were drifting down the center of a tubular Earth. No weight. And the most amazing sunrise/set at the end we were going into. We reached a point where I slowed and stopped, and he said it was as far as I could go, and would I help him go the rest of the way. He had a sort of umbilicus that tied him to the dark end, as did I, and in the dream it changed as you examined it. Not paid attention to, it was like a cord. But examined closely, everything that tied you to the dark end became evident, and you could sort of choose all the various things (there were a million of them) and live them in real time (hard to explain). We spent some time cutting his cord. It took a long time, and a lot of effort, but eventually it broke, and he shot into the sunrise/set like a catapult, while I started drifting back. Then I woke up abruptly, got up, told the old lady that Uncle Frank had just passed and called Mom to tell her. "Your aunt just called and let us know, who called you?" No one, Mom, Uncle Frank came and told me himself on the way out.

So I'm not sure what you would call that. It's the one and only time, though.

And had your Uncle Frank died that night ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk

And had your Uncle Frank died that night ?

originally posted by: Bedlam Then I woke up abruptly, got up, told the old lady that Uncle Frank had just passed and called Mom to tell her. "Your aunt just called and let us know, who called you?" No one, Mom, Uncle Frank came and told me himself on the way out.

Yeah man, he had

R.I.P Frank

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

When I rolled out of the rack, I wrote down the time, 0204. I wasn't off from the official time of death by 3 minutes

Eta: oddly enough I had no doubt it was true at the time. I started calling relatives based on whatever that was, but the folks were where I started and they'd just been informed.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Come to think of it, it wasn't the only time I knew someone was on the way out, but the second time was creepier by far. Mom is the one that can tell you you're going to have something go wrong. I'm not in the same league

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Blimey thats spooky but in a comforting way.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It would not surprise me at all, if our brains sometimes slip into seeing a variant parallel Earth, where the unusual event occurs, and then slip back to steady state. That would explain much of the weirdness which does occur, but for which there is no "evidence".

People would then say "what about multiple observers? " No problem...sometimes multiple brains get entangled, perhaps without even meeting each other (so called mass hysteria).

Well what about when there is trace evidence?

Well perhaps sometimes there is a little bleed over between parallel Earths if the conditions are right...
More like residue...notning too coherent.

Just something to think about

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That was awesome wow. What an experience.

To me that sounds more like an oobe, into the ether. I know people who have had those as well. The thing that most interested me reading this was the Cord you mentioned.

There's a silver cord that's mentioned in the bible. It holds all souls to the earth, and if it is cut, then we die. It's like an umbilical cord that feeds us life here.

“Or ever the silver cord be loosed…Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:6-7).

www.spiritofthescripture.com...
There's a few accounts here I found of people who had NDE's and saw the Silver Cord.

Some say the wheel represents the heart, and the Pitcher the respiratory system.

Do you remember where it was attached to your Uncle?

I've heard about it being attached to the chest area but i've never been able to verifiy it with anyone who's experienced it personally. It's mindblowing what you experienced. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Reply to O.P:

Hi. That's a really interesting story.

I'f you had to question it then there is a reason for that - in my opinion.

It doesn't have to be a shock n' awe incident for it to be supernatural and from another realm, and I certainly would investigate it.

Have you done any research of the building, staff and surrounding areas?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join