It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Willing to Work With Trump If Policies Are Right, CEO Says--Does Ford want some Carrier $$$$$

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
After Trump called Ford out by name during the election, they have been trying to justify their motives to move all small car production to Mexico. This must also include the SUV's like the Lincoln MKC, that Ford planned to move to Mexico, but will remain in the US after Trump was elected.

Now Ford said it willing to work with Trump to keep the jobs in the US...provided that the right policies are in place. Things like fuel economy, and a market for the cars, currency manipulation and guidelines for autonomous cars.

Wonder if he wants some of that sweet sweet Carrier tax money???

‘Our position is very different than the Carrier position’
Carmaker says it’ll lobby for softer fuel-economy rules

Ford Motor Co. was a target of Donald Trump’s criticism on the campaign trail for building cars in Mexico, and now that Trump will be president, Ford said it’s willing to work with him to keep jobs in the U.S. -- provided Trump puts the right policies in place, according to the automaker’s chief executive officer.

“We will be very clear in the things we’d like to see,” Mark Fields said in an exclusive interview Friday at Bloomberg offices in Southfield, Michigan.

Among them, according to Fields: currency-manipulation rules to promote free and fair trade, tax reform and safety guidelines for autonomous vehicles.

Ford still plans to move the production of Focus and C-max to the new Mexican plant from Michigan. The new plant is 1.6 billion, not small potatoes.

It’s building a $1.6 billion new small-car factory in the Mexican state of San Luis Potosi, which will create 2,800 jobs there by 2020.

Ford still plans to move its Focus compact and C-Max hybrid to Mexico from a Michigan factory.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LOL!

All the corporations are going to be running to Trump now for their taxpayer handouts. His cultists will praise him but be utterly confused and blame some boogeyman or other when their taxes go up instead of down.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
LOL!

All the corporations are going to be running to Trump now for their taxpayer handouts. His cultists will praise him but be utterly confused and blame some boogeyman or other when their taxes go up instead of down.

Well at least with these handouts the money will be recouped in the form of income tax unlike the bank bailouts.

Well see what happens but my prediction is Trump will shame most companies into staying in the US without spending a cent.
Sad thing is when that happens people like you will come along and say hes being a mafioso type, honestly this poor bloke cant win and hes not even been sworn in yet.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I see this will be all about image. Ford wouldn't want to look anti-American.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Aww poor itty bitty baby Twump!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Aww poor itty bitty baby Twump!

I doubt very much Trump cares about what you think, in fact according to your posts Trump doesnt care what anyone thinks.

I dont care either but it does get a bit tiring hearing all the unjustified Trump hate, especially when hes doing good things

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

People will disagree with you. They won't shut up no matter how much you whine about fairness.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

LOL!

Question, for those who were bailing to Mexico and China anyway.. How much damned tax money do you get from the corporation and workers when they move overseas? ... Answer: None. but we get to pay unemployment and welfare for a bunch of jobless americans if they go.

Hopefully the corporate tax rates will be cut in half.... For those who don't understand math, I will try and make it easy:

Do you want the Government to receive 35% of 100 dollars or 15% of $300 ?

Yes, it is pretty much that simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Don't think too hard about corps paying that huge tax bill. The reason they are leaving is to exploit slave like labor.

16 Giant Corporations That Have Basically Stopped Paying Taxes -- While Also Cutting Jobs!

General Electric: The worst tax record over five years, with $81 billion in profits and a $3 billion refund.

Boeing: In addition to receiving a refund despite $21.5 billion in profits, the company ranked high in job cutting, underfunded pensions, andcontractor misconduct.

Exxon Mobil: Made by far the largest profits in the group, but paid less than 1% in U.S. taxes, and yet received oil subsidies along with their tax breaks. Unabashedly reports a 2012 "theoretical tax" of over $27 billion, almost 90% of its total income tax expense. The company was also near the top in contractor
16 Giant Corporations That Have Basically Stopped Paying Taxes -- While Also Cutting Jobs!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

People will disagree with you. They won't shut up no matter how much you whine about fairness.

Who said anything about fairness?

There are plenty of people who think like I do on this topic on this site and I actually prefer when people do disagree with me, it gives me a chance to open up a dialogue and understand their point of view.
For instance due to our many convos I have gotten to understand your point of view is that you hate Trump and it doesnt matter what he does youll always hate him.

So please dont shut up, I enjoy your enlightening diatribes

new topics

top topics

join