It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as watchdog says it's OK to send gay people death threats – but only if you're Muslim

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So is the claim Christianity is the same as Islam. Reality shows us that's not the case at all. Islam is the only religion in the world that has followers that blow themselves up in an attempt to kill others. Closest you can get is Buddhist monks that set themselves on fire. So no not all religions are the same something about Islam does indeed cause these actions. Now this is where the discussion needs to be instead of side tracked much like this thread to Christians. When Christians strap on bombs and start killing people then we can discuss it until then its irrelevant. Islam either through interpretation or scripture promotes this behavior time to figure out how so we can do something about it. Obviously ignoring it isn't working and changing the subject or denial just ignores the obvious.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

From your source...you conveniently left out the clincher...is this just another of your fear mongering threads..

Mr Van Klaveren will ask: “Do you share our disgust at the fact that this explicitly states that inciting violence is not a problem if it comes from the Islamic belief?" A spokesman for the MiND hotline admitted that after “further research” of the issue it had concluded that the complaint had been “unjustly assessed”. He added that when the complaint involved calling for violence against a particular group, the beliefs of the person making the threats should not matter.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

And in the larger world, why the kid gloves treatment of Islam by the progressive left vs the vitriol they spew towards and about Christians? Again, I think there are those who view Christianity as the problem rather than religions in general, and they're willing to climb into bed with Islam, even if only temporarily, if that advances their attack on Christianity.

The irony is never ending with progressive hypocrisy…
They will laud an artist who puts a picture of Jesus or Mary in a bottle of urine but will chastise a cartoonist for drawing a cartoon of Muhamed…
A cartoon for Christs sake!

The simple answer is that Stone Age Islamic culture has been chosen as a pet group for progressives…
So no matter how obvious the hypocrisy is to everyone with eyes liberals will not budge from their entrenched prejudiced towards Christianity and in defense of Islam..

The fact is the Judeo Christian ethos is the bedrock of America which is the greatest civilization in the history of mankind…
One can argue America is a child of British imperialism and therefore give England the credit which is fair...

Anyhow, the Stone Age sensibilities of Muslims are protected by the liberal religion of moral relativism...
With progressives every behavior can be explained through this ethos…
Well, every behavior except ones derived from the Judeo Christian ethos…

Which is why we see examples like this op where high societies of the west are making allowances for the Stone Age sensibilities inherent to Islamism…

Islam, for reasons unknown to me, is protected without hesitation by liberals...
And since said protection of Islam flies in the face of logic one can only classify it as a religious fervor or faith…

And the most hilarious part is that they believe themselves to be above such faith when in actuality their entire ethos is predicated upon it…

-Christosterone
edit on 4-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

know the watchdog already said they were wrong initially and asked the offending forum to delete the message.

This!

ATS please stop making this about the Bible and move on - they backed down, it's a non-issue

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Islam, for reasons unknown to me, is protected without hesitation by liberals...

I think there are multiple reasons for why this is but one of them is as follows:

Here in the United States Christians are perceived as the immediate and most serious threat by the progressive left. Islam, on the other hand, is seen as some sort of potential future problem, but presently a valuable tool to be used against Christians. For example, I think you see this in arguments that begin with the premise that wherever and to whatever extant you allow the Bible, you must also allow the Koran. The notion being that the fear of having the Koran wherever/whatever will cause enough fear/distaste among Christians that they'll voluntary assent to the exclusion of the Bible whenever/ whatever to avoid having the Koran in the whenever/whatever. (It's the same sort of thing and even more clear when you look at how certain Satanic groups are used. "Can't have a afterschool bible club unless you can also have an afterschool Satanic club" The real motivation being the end of the afterschool bible club rather than an actual after school Satanic Club)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mOjOm
It's all in the interpretation.

There are still many Christians who seem to think it's written in there.

Whether or not it says it word for word doesn't matter when it comes to Religion, Interpretation and Beliefs.

Argue the interpretation of some religious numpties is one thing, I was merely pointing out that the Original Poster was grossly mistaken in his pronouncement.

There is nothing in the Bible about killing homosexuals.

Yes there is

Leviticus 20:13 New International Version If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Which part was he grossly mistaken about?

It is the old testament. One that is not followed or practiced by Christians.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Dec 2016 17:07:10 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: FIXED QUOTE

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So it is now officialy ok for muslims in the U.S to call for the murder of gay people. The same people who are defending islam from their within their progressive mindshare. While murdering anyone, including gays is still illegal in the U.SThen at the same time it is illegal for a non-muslim in the U.S to call for the murder of gay people which is in and all by itself discrimination and this is also ok to progressives.

holy hell how as progressives do they think they can manage to dance around this ?

A muslim kills a gay person,
-progressives- thats ok , it is in their koran , nothing to see here

A christian or otherwise agnostic kills a gay person
-progressives- BIGOTED FILTH !

Mind boggling this is.

EDIT: This was in the netherlands i see.

PWEW!
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Dec 2016 17:10:44 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

They argued that the Koran says it is acceptable to kill people for being homosexual, and so death threats towards gay people from Muslims could not be discriminatory.

Typical circular liberal reasoning at work again. How can anyone ...its just....i cant....

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Profusion
The Bible says that gays should be killed too.

There is nothing in the Bible about killing homosexuals.*

*Since there has been some confusion my comment refers to the argument that the new covenant has replaced the Mosaic Law of the Old Testament.

I am scared because I...agree with you... and this should never happen. Ever....because Christians and masons...

well... anywho I wont go there so...thanks for the somewhat defense I guess...

Jesus did say "Love your enemies..."

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So is the claim Christianity is the same as Islam.

I was raised Christian.

I was not raised Muslim.

I speak what I know. Not what I don't.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

These threads make me chuckle. It's as if we'd be living in some sort of utopia; without a selfish or violent thought, (much less action), to be found among us . . . if it weren't for Islam. What utter nonsense.

There, I fixed it for you...

Given the predictable way this thread has gone, I'm not sure you have. You'll notice that it's gone from Muslims threatening violence against gays to a predominately Christian bashing thread. I think there's a large group here whose bete noir is specifically Christianity rather than religion in general. Otherwise, why abrupt and rather immediate, though not unpredictable, change of direction?

And in the larger world, why the kid gloves treatment of Islam by the progressive left vs the vitriol they spew towards and about Christians? Again, I think there are those who view Christianity as the problem rather than religions in general, and they're willing to climb into bed with Islam, even if only temporarily, if that advances their attack on Christianity.

I concur, well said.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Christosterone

I think there are multiple reasons for why this is but one of them is as follows:

Here in the United States Christians are perceived as the immediate and most serious threat by the progressive left. Islam, on the other hand, is seen as some sort of potential future problem, but presently a valuable tool to be used against Christians. For example, I think you see this in arguments that begin with the premise that wherever and to whatever extant you allow the Bible, you must also allow the Koran. The notion being that the fear of having the Koran wherever/whatever will cause enough fear/distaste among Christians that they'll voluntary assent to the exclusion of the Bible whenever/ whatever to avoid having the Koran in the whenever/whatever. (It's the same sort of thing and even more clear when you look at how certain Satanic groups are used. "Can't have a afterschool bible club unless you can also have an afterschool Satanic club" The real motivation being the end of the afterschool bible club rather than an actual after school Satanic Club)

Even better yet. Very well spoken.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Even so, the true translation also reveals that homosexuality isn't prohibited, merely that if it is done, it must not be done in a womans bed.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
I am scared because I...agree with you... and this should never happen. Ever....because Christians and masons...

well... anywho I wont go there so...thanks for the somewhat defense I guess...

If you take time to study my posting history you will see on all subjects that I am relatively objective.

Jesus did say "Love your enemies..."

I agree, I love my enemies too, grilled and served with a side of garlic mashed with some Cabernet.

edit on 5-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
Even so, the true translation also reveals that homosexuality isn't prohibited, merely that if it is done, it must not be done in a womans bed.

What if it's two chickies?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I was raised Christian.

I was not raised Muslim.

I have read your posts on your version of Christianity, you really speak what you know, what you know is not very much at all.
I am sorry you were raised in that religion, it was not Christianity

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This is why I look forward to a space-alien invasion.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yeah right,

Like the explanation of the "prophet" marrying a 6 year old girl and have sex with her when she is 9 is perfectly ok because she has a "old spirit".

Not gonna fly and you must wonder how even today they manage to find and identify these so called 9 year old "old spirits".

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Yeah right,

Like the explanation of the "prophet" marrying a 6 year old girl and have sex with her when she is 9 is perfectly ok because she has a "old spirit".

Not gonna fly and you must wonder how even today they manage to find and identify these so called 9 year old "old spirits".

Not this crap again.

At least provide accurate info.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Annee

I was raised Christian.

I was not raised Muslim.

I have read your posts on your version of Christianity, you really speak what you know, what you know is not very much at all.
I am sorry you were raised in that religion, it was not Christianity

Oh, do I not fit into your personal Christian belief?

You do know there about 1200 different Christian sects in America alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join