It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as watchdog says it's OK to send gay people death threats – but only if you're Muslim

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
For those not reading the entire topic like me it's important to know the watchdog already said they were wrong initially and asked the offending forum to delete the message.
www.mindnederland.nl...

On the subject, anyone may say they don't agree with homosexuality or that their definition of love is almighty (for some folks like me there can only be a no.1 definition, everything else is simply false). Just as anyone might say the same in reverse or that there is only one love which includes same gender. But to say anyone with that opinion should be killed is simply against the law because that can be considered preparation to an illegal act (namely murder) and in that case the context is irrelevant.

I also believe it's anyone's right to service whom they choose as long as they are not in a public position. Someone owning a bakery and choosing not to do bussiness wich an individual they don't agree with for whatever reason is a perk which is earned and this goes bothways. In this case it was probably the employee handling the call deciding not to pursue it because of their own reasoning, not what the government wanted him or her to do. I myself don't deny anyone service because I can't care what customers think or do, I'm just in it for the money and there is a larger group of consumers who are in favor than against so I would make less money probably.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mOjOm
It's all in the interpretation.

There are still many Christians who seem to think it's written in there.

Whether or not it says it word for word doesn't matter when it comes to Religion, Interpretation and Beliefs.

Argue the interpretation of some religious numpties is one thing, I was merely pointing out that the Original Poster was grossly mistaken in his pronouncement.

Then prove where he was wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Bit of desperate hype from the express there.

It's an online forum where people discussed ideas and debated the quran, it didn't say the muslim members unanimously agreed to go out and exterminate gays.

Somebody read it and complained because apparently free speech scares them.

It's important to try to find the actual substance (or lack thereof) in an article beyond the sensationalist headline and subjective opinions of the reporter.

Yeah it was
That was my point thank you

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Then prove where he was wrong.

Keep reading.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Profusion
The Bible says that gays should be killed too.

There is nothing in the Bible about killing homosexuals.
No there is. It says men who lay with other men should be killed.,, Have you read the Old Testament? It also has God telling the Israelites to commit genocide..

That's the old testament and is regarding Jewish beliefs. Christianity is far more tolerant.

I was replying to a statement regarding the Bible, which includes the OT. Whether or not you believe the OT does not apply to Christians, as SOME congregations believe (not all), does not change the fact that the actual Bible, which includes the OT, does have passages that are anti-gay. The laws of Leviticus, as another person posted, not only prohibits gay sex but I believe prescribes death for the act.
edit on 4-12-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So then what you meant to say was "Yes the old testament does say you should kill gays but the new testament does not and thats the one that counts"

That would have been better as your easily misunderstood/completely wrong statement was the 1st post and it basically says the OP is an idiot or lying.

I suppose I was operating under the understanding that posters would know the explanation of the new covenant versus the old since it has been discussed quite often here. I would go back and edit my post but I do not want it to appear that I am being disingenuous.

This is one interpretation. However, actual evangelicals and fundamentalists generally do not agree with you here, following Jesus' words that he came not to take away the law but to fulfill it. He stated in the NT that not one letter of the OT "law" would go away.

Personally, I don't really care, as I'm not a Christian anymore nor a Jew. But quite often right wing Christians and Jews try to claim that Islam is horrid in part due to violent or oppressive passages in the Koran. They need to look in the mirror. The Bible, which BOTH Christians and Jews assert is the word of God, contains horrific anti-gay, anti-women, pro-slavery, and genocidal passages. The latter is the worst part in my opinion. The OT has God instruct the Israelites to kill every man, woman, and child of certain tribes of the Canaanites. Straight up genocide.
edit on 4-12-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is one interpretation. However, actual evangelicals and fundamentalists generally do not agree with you here, following Jesus' words that he came not to take away a the law but to fulfill it. He stated in the NT that not one letter of the OT "law" would go away...

I find fundamental and evangelical Christians to be dangerous as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

This is one interpretation. However, actual evangelicals and fundamentalists generally do not agree with you here, following Jesus' words that he came not to take away a the law but to fulfill it. He stated in the NT that not one letter of the OT "law" would go away...

As do I.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

They need to be liberated and given the chance for freedom that those of us in the West take for granted.

Err, we've tried that, look how that turned out!

An observation:
Only on ATS - a thread about the hypocritical double standards applied to Islamic generated hate speech when compared to non-Islamic generated hate speech becomes a discussion about Christian beliefs etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They scare the crap out of me and I really struggle to understand their reasoning.....but I don't see them throwing people off buildings just because of their sexuality.

I don't doubt there are some amongst their numbers who would like to do exactly that, but its hardly on the scale that we see within the Islamic world.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
They scare the crap out of me and I really struggle to understand their reasoning.....but I don't see them throwing people off buildings just because of their sexuality.

I don't doubt there are some amongst their numbers who would like to do exactly that, but its hardly on the scale that we see within the Islamic world.

I am not saying that and it is not some sort of moral equivalency I ma trying to convey. I think all organized religion is dangerous and if given the chance the fundamentalists will act like homicidal douche wads, history has proven this.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed.

History shows us that ALL organised religions are capable of such acts.

It's just that at this precise moment in time it is Islam's turn to be the predominant religion performing these acts of hatred, intolerance and barbarism.

Being Agnostic I don't really have a horse in this race and try to speak from a neutral viewpoint.

edit on 4/12/16 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Being Agnostic I don't really have a horse in this race and try to speak from a neutral viewpoint.

As someone who is spiritual but not religious I try to do the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nobody talks about Islam and it's Stone Age sensibilities...
Y'all simply insert tangents to discuss minutia regarding Christianity [which has nothing to do with the societies of the high west appeasement of Islam]…

No western government has implemented strict Judeo-Christian religious rule based upon Old Testament sensibilities since inquisition era Spain..

So move on to 2016 where we found ourselves bending over backwards not to offend a bunch of unenlightened zealots who believe a magic moon god in the sky handed out rules to live by in the 7th century AD…
By the way, his primary earthly voice was a sociopathic pedophile..

Say what you want about Jesus but he didn't kill slaves and bang eight-year-olds…

-Chris
edit on 4-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Profusion

When pointing out the Old Testament laws to Christians (which I am not) the usual tact is that Jesus nullified all of these when he created the new covenant.

Which way are we going to go on this?

The Christians use the Old Testament at their convenience.

Then conveniently say they don't.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I am not going to say I have not seen that occur but it seems, in my experience, to be the fundamentalists who like to butter it on both sides.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
These threads make me chuckle. It's as if we'd be living in some sort of utopia; without a selfish or violent thought, (much less action), to be found among us . . . if it weren't for religion. What utter nonsense.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
These threads make me chuckle. It's as if we'd be living in some sort of utopia; without a selfish or violent thought, (much less action), to be found among us . . . if it weren't for Islam. What utter nonsense.

There, I fixed it for you...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I am not going to say I have not seen that occur but it seems, in my experience, to be the fundamentalists who like to butter it on both sides.

I grew up Christian. Now Spiritual Atheist.

It is a convenient argument that gets misused - - - on purpose.

Fundamentalists? Definitely the religion of man.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

These threads make me chuckle. It's as if we'd be living in some sort of utopia; without a selfish or violent thought, (much less action), to be found among us . . . if it weren't for Islam. What utter nonsense.

There, I fixed it for you...

Given the predictable way this thread has gone, I'm not sure you have. You'll notice that it's gone from Muslims threatening violence against gays to a predominately Christian bashing thread. I think there's a large group here whose bete noir is specifically Christianity rather than religion in general. Otherwise, why abrupt and rather immediate, though not unpredictable, change of direction?

And in the larger world, why the kid gloves treatment of Islam by the progressive left vs the vitriol they spew towards and about Christians? Again, I think there are those who view Christianity as the problem rather than religions in general, and they're willing to climb into bed with Islam, even if only temporarily, if that advances their attack on Christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join