It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as watchdog says it's OK to send gay people death threats – but only if you're Muslim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, no, Hebrews is actually a New Testament book. I know it sounds like it would belong in the Old, that's a lot of people's first thought, but it isn't. It's actually "To the Hebrews" so it's talking to the Hebrew people not so much being 'about' the Hebrews or anything. It's sort of interesting that in Hebrews, if I'm remembering correctly, Jesus is referred to as 'High Priest' as well as 'Son of God.' So sort of more bridging between the old and the new.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Why would you assume in the political madness forum people would be familiar with religious debates on the site?

Sorry to assume that people have educated themselves about a topic prior to participation.

Considering where we are and how long youve been here that seems like a foolish assumption

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My personal opinion is the sin of lust and wickedness and ungodliness cover all the bases, including heterosexuals, homosexuals and others. It's shared equally. What this means is men having sexual relationships with other men (or woman with other woman) is inherently sinful just as man having sexual relationship with woman. I think any special references to homosexuality being worse than heterosexuality are revisions of history. One reason I say this is even the Romans verse also mentions we're all sinners, so we can't judge somebody else harshly without placing judgement on ourselves. Homosexuals are equal to heterosexuals, and only through Christ are we saved from eternal damnation.

So to sum it up we're all equal! We're all sinners.
edit on 12/3/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Religion is a disinfo war. The only thing they correctly prophesied is that would be an effective way to subdue people.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have this straight from a publisher. ALL religious books are missing the first page, you know the one, where it states:-
"all people and places contained herein are a work of fiction and must not be used or quoted without prior permission of the author".
What gets me concerning the OP is that Muslims are obeying the watchdog yet in their religion they detest dogs of any form.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Profusion
The Bible says that gays should be killed too.

There is nothing in the Bible about killing homosexuals.
No there is. It says men who lay with other men should be killed.,, Have you read the Old Testament? It also has God telling the Israelites to commit genocide..

That's the old testament and is regarding Jewish beliefs. Christianity is far more tolerant.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

There is nothing in the Quran saying kill homosexuals

It is the Wahhabi cults interpretation

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
HEY can we please stop being so off topic - I thought the topic was:

Fury as watchdog says it's OK to send gay people death threats – but only if you're Muslim

But apparently ATS is now Sunday bible study club. Discussion is good and civil but it also seems rather stalemate whilst I had thought this would be a good discussion about religious freedom vs sexual freedom.

And personally I'm a bit worried that a European watchdog has given full special snowflake designation to Muslims, now appearing to allow them to transcends the laws of the country they choose to inhabit simply because of their religion.

As not only the majority of dutch Muslims have chosen to live there, but also they follow Islam as a choice, I feel that Homosexuals, whom it appears do not choose their sexuality and are most probably more likely to native to the Netherlands should have protection from this kind of abuse.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Learn something new every day... I'd never even seen that reasoning hinted at before.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nothing new here. Muslims getting special treatment has been a hallmark of the present administration's last 8 years.

Thank God that's over.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Nothing new here. Muslims getting special treatment has been a hallmark of the present administration's last 8 years.

Thank God that's over.

It's not over. They are about to get a different type of special treatment. That's all.

Always getting special treatment.

We should end special treatment for all.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

How did the Catholic Church Justify the Crusades Again ? Oh Yeah , Muslims were Heretics Occupying the Holy Land and Preventing the Christian Faithful from making a Pilgrimage there . I also recall some Christians were Secret Homosexuals that Fought in that Holy War . So What Else is Justified here ?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I know of atheists who killed millions, Stalin, Mao, pol pot
How do atheists justify that, I know, they don't have to, no moral standards for atheists are there
Yes, I can make a stupid argument as well

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Bit of desperate hype from the express there.

It's an online forum where people discussed ideas and debated the quran, it didn't say the muslim members unanimously agreed to go out and exterminate gays.

Somebody read it and complained because apparently free speech scares them.

It's important to try to find the actual substance (or lack thereof) in an article beyond the sensationalist headline and subjective opinions of the reporter.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Leviticus 20:13
New International Version
If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

For consideration, im a linguist and adept philologist and in fact, my first language is the original language of half of the bible and first language the other half was translated to. The original wording says nothing about homosexuality being negative. Actually, some of the actual transactions are so far from what is written I think a good many publishers should be ashamed of themselves

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Considering where we are and how long youve been here that seems like a foolish assumption

If you think so. I tend to try and give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
HEY can we please stop being so off topic - I thought the topic was:

But apparently ATS is now Sunday bible study club. Discussion is good and civil but it also seems rather stalemate whilst I had thought this would be a good discussion about religious freedom vs sexual freedom.

And personally I'm a bit worried that a European watchdog has given full special snowflake designation to Muslims, now appearing to allow them to transcends the laws of the country they choose to inhabit simply because of their religion.

As not only the majority of dutch Muslims have chosen to live there, but also they follow Islam as a choice, I feel that Homosexuals, whom it appears do not choose their sexuality and are most probably more likely to native to the Netherlands should have protection from this kind of abuse.

I agree that this discussion has been completely derailed. IMO it should be shut down. I read though the whole thing and it seems to have devolved into attacking and defending the Bible. It just goes to show how many trolls are on ATS ready to pounce on any religious aspect of a thread to divert it to bad mouthing Christianity and the Bible. Pathetic how twisted these threads can become here.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Thank God that's over.

The Dutch's administration is leaving?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Thank God that's over.

The Dutch's administration is leaving?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
And the EU wonders why it's all falling apart.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join