It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as watchdog says it's OK to send gay people death threats – but only if you're Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

In a shocking move, the taxpayer-funded hotline said it would not pursue a criminal complaint over horrific messages from radical Islamists because the Koran says gay people can be killed.

The disgraceful stance came to light when a member of the public complained about death threats posted to an online forum which called for homosexuals to be “burned, decapitated and slaughtered”.

Dutch MPs today reacted with horror to the revelations, demanding an immediate inquiry into the remarks and calling for the hotline to be stripped of public funding.

LINK

The Bible says that gays should be killed too (Leviticus 20:13). This illustrates the difference between most Muslims and most Christians. To my knowledge, almost all Christians have evolved past the inhumanity of their favorite book while most Muslims in the world have not.

I sometimes wonder if the Bible isn't almost as bad as the Quran at its core. Thankfully we don't have to worry that because Christians and Jews (with a relatively few possible exceptions) don't follow the barbaric parts of the Bible anymore.

The biggest problem with Islam is that the majority of Muslims are still barbaric due to their beliefs, and there's no reason to think it will change. I spoke to someone who lived in Saudi Arabia for years about this issue. They told me that living in Saudi Arabia is like going back in time, and the culture hasn't changed in thousands of years. I see no reason to think it will ever change unless the people are given a chance to be free. They need to be liberated and given the chance for freedom that those of us in the West take for granted.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The Bible says that gays should be killed too.

There is nothing in the Bible about killing homosexuals.*

*Since there has been some confusion my comment refers to the argument that the new covenant has replaced the Mosaic Law of the Old Testament.

edit on 3-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ban all religion. Even the "nice" followers are ignorant cavemen.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It just talks about Angels wanting to have hawt gay secks.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Leviticus 20:13
New International Version
If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I would read it more often if that were the case.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There is nothing in the Bible about killing homosexuals.

It's all in the interpretation.

There are still many Christians who seem to think it's written in there.

Whether or not it says it word for word doesn't matter when it comes to Religion, Interpretation and Beliefs.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Oh wait, I might've got it backwards, been a while, I think maybe everyone wanted to bang the angels?

Good ol' Sodom, Original Vegas.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I thought it was Men wanting to have hawt gay sects with Angels???

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It was

I forgot who was catching and who was pitching.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Do you have a way of interpreting Leviticus 20:13 that fits your position?

Leviticus 20:13
New International Version
If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Whether or not it says it word for word doesn't matter when it comes to Religion, Interpretation and Beliefs.

Argue the interpretation of some religious numpties is one thing, I was merely pointing out that the Original Poster was grossly mistaken in his pronouncement.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That version clearly doesn't leave much room for interpretation. Other versions may not say it quite so clearly.

But from what I've seen, you give any religious person enough time and they can turn anything written into the opposite if they want to.

That was my point. It doesn't matter what is written in most cases. All that matters is what they want to believe and they'll twist the words to fit it anyway they can.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

When pointing out the Old Testament laws to Christians (which I am not) the usual tact is that Jesus nullified all of these when he created the new covenant.

Which way are we going to go on this?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

But isn't that what really matters though???

What is written and what was meant by the original writer is meaningful in an academic sense or a historical sense. But it's how people of today interpret what was written and how they act on it that actually effects the world around us.

I don't care what it is. Could be any source material. Maybe Dr. Seuss. But if people started reading Green eggs and Ham and thought it was saying to murder Gays in the street, I'd be more concerned with why people were getting that message rather than what the author was trying to say at that point.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

But isn't that what really matters though???

I am not going to argue that taking source material out of context
is wrong, it certainly is, and I think my posting history shows that I have a huge issue with organized religion and its anti-humanitarian stance.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Argue the interpretation of some religious numpties is one thing, I was merely pointing out that the Original Poster was grossly mistaken in his pronouncement.

Yes there is

Leviticus 20:13 New International Version If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Which part was he grossly mistaken about?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

In a shocking move, the taxpayer-funded hotline said it would not pursue a criminal complaint over horrific messages from radical Islamists because the Koran says gay people can be killed.

The disgraceful stance came to light when a member of the public complained about death threats posted to an online forum which called for homosexuals to be “burned, decapitated and slaughtered”.

Dutch MPs today reacted with horror to the revelations, demanding an immediate inquiry into the remarks and calling for the hotline to be stripped of public funding.

LINK

The Bible says that gays should be killed too (Leviticus 20:13). This illustrates the difference between most Muslims and most Christians. To my knowledge, almost all Christians have evolved past the inhumanity of their favorite book...most Muslims in the world have not. That is the biggest problem with Islam. I sometimes wonder if the Bible isn't almost as bad as the Quran at its core. Thankfully we don't have to worry that because Christians and Jews .

It's amazing how you quote the Old Testament book of Leviticus that was written to and for the Jews and suggest it's also written as a law to christians, it's not amazing it's tragic

You have no clue what you are saying sadly or understand

Christ taught love to Christians, even to love homosexuals.
Christians are not under Jewish law, none of those laws, zero
Try and understand the beliefs of Christianity before you butcher it up with ignorance

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Which part was he grossly mistaken about?

Mr. Raggedy addressed this above.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The Bible says that gays should be killed too.

No there is. It says men who lay with other men should be killed.,, Have you read the Old Testament? It also has God telling the Israelites to commit genocide..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join