It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread of the year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The end of the year is fast approaching and I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's favorite threads were from 2016. Since I love politics and this was the craziest season I was alive for I picked the first Trump/Clinto debate thread by interrupt42.

Lets Get Ready to Rumble!!!! (Trump Vs Clinton) Tonight 9pm ET, 6pm PT Debate #1

It had so much interesting live back and forth during the debate and was fun to follow along in real time. The aftermath of the debate was also discussed and would provide fodder for countless discussions.

What were your favorite threads by who and why? Post them here and lets pick a winner.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GV1997

Since the interests of the members of ATS cover a huge range of topics. I would think you would have to pick the best thread from each forum.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There's way too many forums to do that. I just want everyone's favorite. What was yours?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GV1997.
And the winner is..."Me!"

Okay just kidding.

The winner is..... "Still me!"

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I vote for...........

Augustus' thread - I Just Voted For A Woman For President Of The United States Of America

Not only is the OP itself amazing, but the reactions of the people afterwards are equally fantastic. A grand showcase of how many people on this forum actually read what others write. A thread full of laughs, indignation, and amazery.

Vote Zazz - 2020

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I would have to second that. It should also win the "most hilarious thread 2016" and the coveted "Members reaction to a thread title award 2016".

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You have my vote also.
It was funny as # the amount of people who didn't read all of the OP, and replied like rabid dogs lol!
To me it epitomised classic stupid grunt ATS.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I would like to say that UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not? was an ats classic not just for 2016 but as the op said for all time.

It was such a lovely unbiased enviroment where two differeing political views could come together and discuss a major political issue as adults without bullying, bickering or petty stupidity.

Sometimes I go back and re read the whole fantstic thing from start to finish and like a good book it never gets boring.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I agree with your choice too. It was funny that people replied and never read the end.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

There are too many to choose a favorite. The wikileaks threads were well researched and great.

I like Let's Rumble Debabe Thread. Augustus's I voted for Hillary thread was funny and although it wasn't the intention, it showed how many people don't read the OP. Very entertaining posts.

The Sept 11 thread 'BREAKING Hillary just left 9/11 Ceremony with Medical Episode.' is a great thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol behave!
It was a crap thread just bumped continually by the OP lol!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Dallas shooting thread. I didn't have tv at the time and I was gripped on this thread.

Very significant historic few hours.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yeah, that was pretty funny, I agree.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I would like to say that UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not? was an ats classic not just for 2016 but as the op said for all time.

Another good political thread that talked about something that caught everyone off guard like the US election.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
There are too many to choose a favorite. The wikileaks threads were well researched and great.

I like Let's Rumble Debabe Thread. Augustus's I voted for Hillary thread was funny and although it wasn't the intention, it showed how many people don't read the OP. Very entertaining posts.

The Sept 11 thread 'BREAKING Hillary just left 9/11 Ceremony with Medical Episode.' is a great thread

Those are all good choices-the wkileaks threads were certainly great topics. But did we ever get the info that Assange said would take Hillary down?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Dallas shooting thread. I didn't have tv at the time and I was gripped on this thread.

Very significant historic few hours.

I didn't see that one. good choice.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My nomination

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That was funny...... pick a thread though I'm curious to see what you like.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Not going to do it.

There are some great writers here. Some people who's essays deserve their own publications. Others may not be as talented, but their messages are just as important.

Do I choose based on topic, member, responses, stars, flags, or the haha's that they get?

I like many here, and ignore the one's I don't like. It's difficult to choose when I haven't read them all.

So with all due respect. . . I'll keep it silly and light.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join