It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump: A Pattern Emerges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

exaggerated sense of self-importance

I do not know...man. Your a multibillionaire and you are President of the United States. You would have to a God to be much more important. You think he senses he is a God? Even if so as compared to the rest of us, he would be very close.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I do not know...man. Your a multibillionaire and you are President of the United States. You would have to a God to be much more important. You think he senses he is a God? Even if so as compared to the rest of us, he would be very close.

"Only I can fix it!" Sounds like an exaggerated sense of importance to me. Also, don't lose sight of the fact that he was born a millionaire. (And he is not yet President of the United States. He has his legal people trying to stop recounts. What is he afraid of? Even if those three states are not represented in the College, he will still win.)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
People, we won't warn you again. Post Bans will be handed out here shortly.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

That's only if one assumes that wealth and dominance are characteristics of divinity. Which I personally don't.

link   
Please put this same great effort into looking over Obama... Now there is a guy who's ever sentence starts with "I"

Game over man... let it go and move on.

link   

originally posted by: Xeven

He's crass. Crude. Unrefined. Emotionally immature. So full of himself he reeks. Is that your idea of 'close to a God". Money = God?

I head him say Romney would "fallen to his knees if I asked him to".

"Fall to his knees". And worship him? Beg him? Is that what he wants?

Sounds like you are very close to dropping to yours, Sir. But for the wrong reasons.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

He's already poison. Now it's just a matter of slowing the spread.
Yeah we'll get over it but I seriously doubt America will easily get over this, ahem, mans decisions and actions.
Wait. I promise everyone will be sorry they voted for the baboon.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
Please put this same great effort into looking over Obama... Now there is a guy who's ever sentence starts with "I"

Game over man... let it go and move on.

Everybody knows he's won. I think this thread is intended as a warning.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Great? Oh yeah well when the bar is three inches high I guess so.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Obama showed much more humility the whole time he was in the public eye than Trump has. Obama is on his way out, though I might be crossing paths with him if he goes back to being a professor. It's all Trump now, remember?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Exactly. Watch how Trump manipulates crowds, individuals and, now, institutions. Will the Congress make a teeny weeny little exception for good ol' Donny? Just this once? Pretty please? You know you want to.... That's how narcissists work. Just pay attention from now on.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
isnt "narcissism" a quality you generally find among successful people? i would really be interested if someone could come up with a quick and dirty list of the most successful people in the world and find out through a casual search of what people have to say about them and if the reports indicate a majority of successful people are humble and self effacing and how those people break down in the various industries they find themselves in.

I would be willing to bet that in the world of business and politics you would find on average MORE people like Trump than not. In other industries, like IT or entertainment you perhaps would find more ordinary, casual, relaxed and humble people....but not in business and politics.

As to the OP and Trump: i dont care if the guy is a megalomaniac. Like most people who prefer him over Hillary all i really care about is if he does a decent job...and by decent i mean, keeping us out of unnecessary wars and nation building.....like a war with Russia for example. So....he can think hes God for all i care, as long as he doesnt do anything supremely reckless like tell Russia we are going to attack them with military force if they hack us.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The carrier thing, do the math and its a good deal.

So it seems like you have 2 options, incentivise companies to stay in the US or let them move to places with cheaper labour.

It's not about the math, it's about the precedent. Now other companies will expect to be bribed. Pence knew that but Trump got him to make an exception.

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Removed Off Topic / Gatekeeping comment.

Well as I see it theres 3 options
1) let them go overseas and take their jobs with them
2) Threaten them into staying
3) incentivise them to stay

option 1 is piss weak, option 2 is for dictators and thugs which leaves option 3.

So instead of just whining has anyone actually given any idea of how they would have handled the situation?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

As to the OP and Trump: i dont care if the guy is a megalomaniac. Like most people who prefer him over Hillary all i really care about is if he does a decent job...and by decent i mean, keeping us out of unnecessary wars and nation building.....like a war with Russia for example. So....he can think hes God for all i care, as long as he doesnt do anything supremely reckless like tell Russia we are going to attack them with military force if they hack us.

He is already flirting with war with China. Do you think it was complete naïvté that he called Taiwan before PRC?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

keeping us out of unnecessary wars

Good luck with that. Just seeing his Cabinet nominees is making me want to stock up on water and buy a gas mask.
And for somebody who "knows more than the Generals do"? Wow.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Well as I see it theres 3 options
1) let them go overseas and take their jobs with them
2) Threaten them into staying
3) incentivise them to stay

option 1 is piss weak, option 2 is for dictators and thugs which leaves option 3.

Trump's negotiating style is a combination of 2 & 3. While we're at it, watch the theater around the Secretary of State position. Trump is trying to manipulate Romney into accepting it. That would be a personal triumph, getting the man who said "anyone but Trump" to be his quisling. Trump is meeting with others to tease him... even hinting that he might go with a hated Democrat. It's painfully transparent. Romney turned him down once, will he have the strength to continue to "vote his conscience?"

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Fareed Zacharia thinks he's playing Romney for a sucker. To get him to agree to accept the position, and then like "April Fools!", to pay him back for the nasty things Romney said about him. If that should be the case, he is even more immature and vindictive than I thought. If that should be the case, and I hope so much it's not, we are really in more trouble than I thought with this man.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Let's torpedo the guy before he even gets INTO the starting gate

That's exactly what you guys did to Obama, and continued to do for eight years unabated.

And Trump is starting his administration already so obviously he can be criticized on his actions.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Trump is trying to manipulate Romney into accepting it. That would be a personal triumph, getting the man who said "anyone but Trump" to be his quisling.

Or perhaps Trump thinks hes the best man for the job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join