It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth MacFarlane Breaks Down Why Most Of Hollywood Hates Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Neither him nor Hillary will. The Clinton's made a quarter billion selling their power and influence at our countries expense. I saw the evidence, so there was only one other option.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Christosterone

You know Trump is a Hollywood Celebrity too right???

You know, he's a big time Reality TV star and all???

Let me ask you this question...
Do you believe Hollywood elite deal with people who are different and intangible to the unwashed masses in flyover country such as myself???

And, for your own reference, causality teaches us that Trump parlayed his real estate and business acumen / success into "celebrity" status which saw Hollywood seek him out for a reality television series…
So to say Trump is a Hollywood celebrity is disingenuous and untrue because his Hollywood success came as a result of his real estate success…

I realize progressives are unable to understand someone who is successful in business and makes their money building things as opposed to Hillary who made money by selling influence…

Which is one of the big reasons why she lost the election..

Oops, I forgot to stay on topic with this op…
Hillary lost the election because we little people don't understand what kind of person Trump is...we need people like Seth MacFarlane and you to explain to us what we are dealing with because our little brains just can't understand it…

-Chris

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: mOjOm

You know Trump is a Hollywood Celebrity too right???

You know, he's a big time Reality TV star and all???

Let me ask you this question...
Do you believe Hollywood elite deal with people who are different and intangible to the unwashed masses in flyover country such as myself???

And, for your own reference, causality teaches us that Trump parlayed his real estate and business acumen / success into "celebrity" status which saw Hollywood seek him out for a reality television series…
So to say Trump is a Hollywood celebrity is disingenuous and untrue because his Hollywood success came as a result of his real estate success…

I realize progressives are unable to understand someone who is successful in business and makes their money building things as opposed to Hillary who made money by selling influence…

Which is one of the big reasons why she lost the election..

Oops, I forgot to stay on topic with this op…
Hillary lost the election because we little people don't understand what kind of person Trump is...we need people like Seth MacFarlane and you to explain to us what we are dealing with because our little brains just can't understand it…

-Chris

Trump has been in Hollywood for longer than he's been in real estate at this point. Rolling Stone in the 80's? Howard Stern show and all the media he was on in the 90's? Really don't remember that?

Donald's a hustler, and I'm sure there's people in "flyover country" that see he's playing everyone as well. Seth's only describing how he can see it because he's around the same thing all day everyday. Which isn't untrue.
edit on 3-12-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

And the Clinton's aren't hustlers? How does a couple who has been in politics for 30 years and don't own a big company worth 250 million? Selling power at our expense. Nafta was just the beginning. Luckily also the end of their reign.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

That is true. When people say a reality television star got elected to the presidency, they conveniently leave out the majority of his career.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

And the Clinton's aren't hustlers? How does a couple who has been in politics for 30 years and don't own a big company worth 250 million? Selling power at our expense. Nafta was just the beginning. Luckily also the end of their reign.

Not the same type of carnival barking snake-oil salesman that Seth is talking about Trump being in the OP. Hillary isn't the issue here, Trump was elected. It's all about him now. If you have anything to say in defense of him, I'm all ears.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I don't, I'm just as skeptical as anyone. I'll try and stay optimistic until I have reason not to. This cycle was trash.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombieso what i wouldn't show you my taxes either if i was running for office why because it is not required and truly non of our business . now on other hand you didn't see killary opening books on clinton money laundry mat i mean clinton foundation did you. if she didn't have so many people bought off she wouldn't have been able to run for president of anything except her prison block.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Hillary isn't the issue here, Trump was elected. It's all about him now.

Actually, the thread is about Seth McFarlane's opinion of why Trump was elected.

That opinion, spread amongst the left, is why they lost the election, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I don't know what the Hollywood elite think as I'm not one of them.

Trump has always pushed his celebrity status. He took to Hollywood at least as quickly as they took to him. That's why he's also in so many bit movie parts. Did the Pro Wrestling gimmick. Etc. He's always gone after Celebrity Status. That's how he sells the Trump Brand.

BTW, I don't support Hillary and never have so I don't know why you mention her other than the typical deflection of the argument which is and has been the tactic of the Right for so long now.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That is true. When people say a reality television star got elected to the presidency, they conveniently leave out the majority of his career.

The majority of people don't know Trump from real estate, they know him from TV or the radio shows he's done or the magazines he's been in. I, along with a large number of people got my first taste of Trump laughing at him on radio shows in the 90's. So yeah, that's my interpretation of him, because that's how he's made himself known. To a lot of people.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Not the same type of carnival barking snake-oil salesman that Seth is talking about Trump being in the OP. Hillary isn't the issue here, Trump was elected. It's all about him now. If you have anything to say in defense of him, I'm all ears.

This is of continual hilarity to watch progressives scramble to explain why and how their liberal snake oil, to use your term, was unequivocally rejected…

The silent majority finally awoke and dealt progressives their biggest blow in a generation…
Which is why we are seeing the panic and fear infecting the ranks of their movement...their terror is palpable...and hilarious

Rarely do I take pleasure in the whining of celebrities[MacFarlane] but this is absolutely priceless…
The 2016 election is the gift that keeps giving…

-Chris
edit on 3-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

That doesn't matter when held up next to the facts.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is of continual hilarity to watch progressives scramble to explain why and how their liberal snake oil, to use your term, was unequivocally rejected…

The silent majority finally awoke and dealt progressives their biggest blow in a generation…
Which is why we are seeing the panic and fear infecting the ranks of their movement...their terror is palpable...and hilarious

Rarely do I take pleasure in the whining of losers but this is absolutely priceless…
The 2016 election is the gift that keeps giving…

-Chris

Anything to say about the OP? Or what Seth said? Or maybe defending Trump without attacking a group of people? I'll wait.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That doesn't matter when held up next to the facts.

Which facts are you talking about? That he got his start in real estate but became a media empire? Those are the facts. You can argue the first is more important than the last if you want, but it wasn't Trump's real estate acumen that got him into the White House.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well said. And just because someone gets famous for doing different voices in cartoons doesn't make their political words carry weight weight with me. Hollywood tries to act like theyre SJW so they seem hip and progressive, we know most of their lifestyles doesn't reflect that though.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The whining I was referring to was the op..

I certainly hope you are not triggered by my comments like Macfarlane was by the election...

To offend your delicate liberal sensibilities was never my intent...I feel horrible if I triggered u..please know I was only referring to seths whining and would NEVER look to offend the delicate liberal mind..

-Chris

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The whining I was referring to was the op..

I certainly hope you are not triggered by my comments like Macfarlane was by the election...

To offend your delicate liberal sensibilities was never my intent...I feel horrible if I triggered u..please know I was only referring to seths whining and would NEVER look to offend the delicate liberal mind..

-Chris

Thank you for that. (Crawling out of my safe space, ever so slowly)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm pretty sure they voice their opinions for the same reason that you voice yours. It's no different. You think others are interested in your opinion and they think others are interested in theirs. Everyone thinks this. You, Me, Celebrities, Your Parents, Your Friends, Everyone. Everyone has opinions and they all voice them.

I doubt you know what most Hollywood lifestyles are like either.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The fact that his celebrity, his reality show, isn't the whole of the story. It's lying by omission.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join