It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth MacFarlane Breaks Down Why Most Of Hollywood Hates Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
if you had your way we would have been stuck with her.

If I had my way we'd have a real leader entering the white house.

Your presumption illustrates your ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Bernie was great. Hillary is way better than people give her credit for.

Bernie was a sellout all along , he had an agreement with hillary and the dnc from the start.

The Clintons did the impossible and made trump look like a cub scout.

I dont like or trust trump but I'm sure as hell happier that we didnt reward a politician like hillary , by giving her the presidency.

The worst trump can become is a politician like hillary.
edit on 421231America/ChicagoSat, 03 Dec 2016 00:42:20 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: underwerks
It doesn't take living in Hollywood to recognize what Trump is. Anyone that's ever lived around vultures and snakes recognizes vultures and snakes.

It's more to do with how sheltered people are. If you've never lived around people trying to hustle you constantly you may not see Trump for what he really is.

Eh, it's more than that.

Some people really just want to be entertained. Some people just don't care and want to see what kind of a trainwreck Trump will be. Some people want Trump to burn it all down.

And some of us want to see him bring back manufacturing just to ensure a successful communist revolution.

link   
This position by McFarlane doesn't hold water. It would, however, if Trump wasn't accomplished.

But since he's massively accomplished to say he's only theatrics is bulls hit.

link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Greggers

You are Living in a Information Bubble . Good Luck with that .

What are you talking about?

What about my comment leads you to believe I am living in an information bubble? And what comment were you even responding to? The one where I indicated people would be shocked and sad if an entire American city was destroyed?

That means I'm living in an information bubble?

If you honestly wouldn't be sad if an entire American city was wiped off the face of the earth, you're a sociopath.

I had assumed your original statement was hyperbole, but this comment has me thinking otherwise. Seriously WTF?
edit on 3-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
m.huffpost.com...

“We live and work amongst his kind every day here. His tactics are those employed by the shiftiest of agents, lawyers, and publicists,” the actor said in a long note. “We’ve learned to recognize the blustery showmanship of a lying con man because we encounter it every day in our business.”

But as MacFarlane went on to explain, it’s important not to confuse Hollywood’s dislike for Trump with a lack of patriotism.

“Most of us love America a hell of a lot, and we don’t want America to be conned the way many of us have ourselves,” he wrote. “Trump is not of the People. Trump is of Hollywood. And that is the problem.”

I know... It's HuffPost and who cares what Seth MacFarlane thinks. Well the reason I post this is because this says so much what myself and many of my friends who work in Hollywood have felt. That Trump is like the slime of Hollywood. The guys who lure you in, scammers and con men who talk big and screw you over. It's just so obvious to us, whereas other people from middle of the country are impressed.

I agree with Seth. I think people in these big cities that have the glitz and showbiz bullsh*t recognize this kind of conman. I'm sure there are other big money king of the hill industries that have their version of it, too. He's the guy who takes advantage of everyone, cons people into working for free, brags about sh*t that makes you want to puke, and sues you or blacklists you as retaliation. He's the intimidator who threatens you'll never work in this town again if you don't bend to his will. He's the guy who promises the actress she's going to be a big star if she gets on her knees. He tells her everyone does it. And if by some miracle he happens to be attached to a project that wins an oscar, you just shake your head, knowing all of his awfulness is being validated.

I'm not saying Trump's done these things exactly. I'm saying you can recognize the Hollywood type. And Seth clearly recognizes it as do I.

And look at who Trump gravitates to.. Roger Ailes, sexual harasser and ex-king sh*t of FOX; Steve Bannon, the soulless alt-right platform embracer of hate. Slimy Hollywood producer types. Emphasis on slimy.

Everyone in Hollywood knows these are the guys to steer clear of. It's sad to see the country get duped by it... and right now so many of the guys who criticized him are now on their knees for him.

Trump is just too disgusting a human being. He's too much filth to respect. He's a guy you warn your friends about and ask your girl not to go meet to talk business-- because you know he's going to make a move on her.

I'm sorry so many of you are taken with this sort of sh#t stain of a human. It's pretty sad. I hope he turns out to be great but I have a feeling he'll be the most corrupting politician ever... not just in the traditional corruptive ways... but also in corrupting the hearts of many Americans.
problem is what Seth described is pretty much every politician in a nutshell. Hilary was no better and she actually has quite the negligent record already if not straight up criminal. So how could they back her and act like it's any better than backing trump?
edit on 3-12-2016 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yea. Well, we care about how big our POTUS hands are.

So why aint the all black..

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

No she doesn't come off as slimy. Her supporters appear to be hopeful optimists and realists who believe in the message and feel inspired-- where Trump's guys all seem to have anger issues and appear to have simply been bought.

Really? does to me.. or wretched, but either way, absolutely evil.

Who laughs a bout the death of people? She's the female equivalent of saddam or uday, who took pleasure in others demise..

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: dreamingawake

Exactly, the problem is most political chearleaders cant argue on points or logic. They have to try to place you in a pretty little box to keep their fairy tale going.

I've decided to call out the rampant BS. Not gonna be a nice storm.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: ksiezyc

You've never seen a Trump supporter I see. Oh you'll show me a fringe group that supports him...Clinton has very few actual supporters. Look at her rallies. Jesus, your threads are repetitive. The same anti-Trump tripe every time.

Except she has approximately 2.5 million more votes than Trump.

Happens when you rig the voting system... but the end result shows what is what..

and it is what it is..

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Good for you... in the meantime, I'll just say I agree with Seth, that Trump is easily recognizable to Hollywood people as a con man. The ego, the narcissism, the objectification of women, the entitlement, the low class braggart... the penchant for retaliation and litigation... He's the puke you have to navigate around. It's just sad to see so many good people duped by him.

I see the whole charade as choice between a criminal and an unknown

Question, considering the year and a half of campaigning and the promises to deport, torture, amp up police and surveillance, ban Muslims, silence the media... what was the unknown?

Hillary had all her sh#t spilled to the public and you know what? Wasn't that bad. I doubt Trump could have survived such a massive email leak. No way... that guy f#cks up talking out loud in public and on twitter... can you imagine what his personal and private emails would be like? Good thing for him, Hillary was the only one exposed. He even got to keep a lid on his taxes.

And yet she wasn't the one constantly b####ing about a rigged election.

That was the proof that you just believe the propaganda fed to you from the LSM. We are a country of laws and whether you like it or not, that is our system. A constitutional republic.

Wasn't that bad? She has been in so many scandals, lies, failed state policies in the middle east, letting classified material be stolen by a minimum of 5 state actors, Benghazi, etc. I could go on and on about the worst possible candidate the left could have possibly tried to push into coronation.

Trump has said on many, many occasions he 'planned to temporarily stop muslim immigration until we can properly vet them. Terrorists are being covertly infiltrated with the refugees. We can not end up like Germany, France, Belgium, and other countries who have allowed mass immigration from countries that have radical terrorists. But, the LSM claimed a ton of BS that wasn't true. Talk about fakes news, the LSM has the disease as well.

You do realize that the left has let things get to the point police are being shot around the country frequently these days. I would amp them up also. I won't even get into the failure of the left to not be violent or throw temper tantrums because people don't agree with their world view. Half the left's voters are absolutely brain dead. I think working in Hollywood has damaged your ability to see the major part of the country doesn't agree with your views.

Trump is not going to silence the media either. The media has done that to themselves after being caught in lies pushing for Hillary so hard while demonizing Trump for any small item regardless that Clinton is much worse.

At this point, I can see you are a hardliner left that believes you can't be wrong. I just hope you can come up with a serious candidate in 2020. Because this time, the left came to a gun fight with a knife. Hmmm...I must be Right.

edit on 3/12/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Who the Hell is Seth McFarlane , and why should I give a rat's a** what he thinks ?
Serious question....

Why, he is the voice of some characters in Family Guy...

It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies
And sex on T.V.

But where are those good old-fashioned values....

On which we used to rely?!

Lucky there's a family guy!
Lucky there's a man who
Positively can do
All the things that make us...

Laugh and cry!

He's our Fam-ily Guyyy!

Lol it's a bit ironic, just a little hey...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Kinda disappointed with this guy. Im a fan of his work but i think hes oversimplifying here.

Its impossible that Trump actually wants the country to do better?

IMO, Hollywood hates Trump simply because its "good business" to be progressive. All these entertainers are clinging desperately to their temporary relevance and popularity their whole careers and id say theyre just playing the odds to fit in with their crowd.

Afraid to have thoughts of their own.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: Gothmog

Who the Hell is Seth McFarlane , and why should I give a rat's a** what he thinks ?
Serious question....

Why, he is the voice of some characters in Family Guy...

It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies
And sex on T.V.

But where are those good old-fashioned values....

On which we used to rely?!

Lucky there's a family guy!
Lucky there's a man who
Positively can do
All the things that make us...

Laugh and cry!

He's our Fam-ily Guyyy!

Lol it's a bit ironic, just a little hey...

Seth's shows influence the younger generations is why it should matter. As do other media. It's divisionary as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Family Guy sucks anyways!

Seth needs to get back in the makeup room where he belongs.

edit on 3-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
So Hollywood is over run with snake oil, con artists and scumbags?

Imagine that.

Sounds like ol Seth should run in 2020. He can be American dad or Roger.

Maybe try to clean the place up?

What does that tell a sound mind? Fix it?

Or Get oilier, out con and be scummier than the rest?

edit on 12 3 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ermaybenot (response to burger)

edit on 3-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
ermaybenot

Looks like they have their own swamp to drain tho.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Seth is right.

However even the ugliest duckling can blossom. It is possible.

So I hold optimism that Trump will do good.

Addendum: family guy may suck. But it sucks In a way that is way over your head.
edit on 3-12-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Oh, you work in Hollywood?

That explains a lot.

Just to let you know, I do not consume any of the drivel that comes out of your "industry".

I like how someone that works in a filth laden pedophile infested lie factory thinks they can judge someone else.

Virtue? Virtue?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join