It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Auras be captured on film?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Just wait, it gets better.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: Bedlam

Ok then, what about people who can see it without proof of anything?

Although I read that sentence several times, it doesn't parse for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ok, then... what about the unexplainable?

I'm not religious and i'm fairly sure you're not either. So how does one explain that which cannot be explained?

For instance, Intuition of a fatal death. You have this and so does your best bud/bro/parent etc. How do you explain seeing the same thing, and feeling it will happen, and then it does?

Was it coincidence or was it real?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Thank you for that, I'm getting settled in here in TX, its cold wet and rainy, perfect time to watch videos on interesting things coming from ATS.

It seriously reminds me of looking at those 3D pictures. You start by looking at the spaces near things.

Get someplace quiet, no TV or ceiling fans or anything moving repetitively in your field of vision. You will want a neutral wall with a minimum of clutter in your field of view. It should be lit, but not brightly.

Hold up your hand with your fingers spread, palm toward you, about half arm's length away. Look at your hand. Really consider it. This part's hard to explain. Start examining the space around your hand. LOOK at the space around your hand. It's tough to do at first. You just let your mind drift and carefully examine the nature of the space immediately around your hand. You can't just glance at it. Or look, exactly, at the wall behind it. Or the fingers. Your attention has to focus on the nature of the empty area around your hand in itself.

Don't let your vision focus on one spot on your hand, or you'll start getting persistence halos. Scan back and forth slowly but steadily around your fingers and hand.

If you at first don't start seeing it, try focusing more on the wall/objects behind your hand, and move your hand slowly into view, and look for an area near your hand where the background brightens slightly. Once you start seeing this, focus your attention back toward the space around your hand and look for what's brightening the background.

eta: some people see what at first looks like a faint visual distortion instead of a brighter area, like the background is slightly diffracted, but if your vision shifts to the background it'll vanish. It's the same thing. When you note where the distortion-ish boundary or brightening starts, refocus to the area around the fingers rather than the fingers themselves or the background objects.

Most people start by seeing a colorless or slightly yellow green brighter area outlining their fingers with a thin dark outline right at the skin surface. But seeing it the first time reminds me of the 3D thing. You won't see it at all until you see it, then it's obvious.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ok, you believe it's both?

Fair enough then.

Anything else to declare regarding my reply?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ok, you believe it's both?

Or either. Or neither. Without being able to replicate it, you can't tell if it's a good guess or confirmation bias or a message from beyond or misperception. There may be more gravy than grave about it. Insufficient information. Worth noting but difficult to draw to a valid conclusion.

A small group of the Army once had its od green panties in a wad about non-causal perception for about three years, then they got rid of that CO. But kept one of the more oddball offshoots, which got passed to the agency for a bit until they dropped it, while immediately dropping Optimal Path, which was way more useful and actually produced results, or seemed to, anyway.

FWIW, our bros in the UK used to have their own para-perceptual stuff they liked which you don't hear about on TV, either.

eta: It's sort of part of why I ruminate about this at times. With a lot of practice, it seems to work better, but I don't want to get stuck with it 24/7, and go around seeing everything like Louis Wain's cat art. Part of me thinks it would be great if I could replicate it in really good test situations so that you could try to figure out what the hell it is in an organized fashion, but the other part of me knows what would happen if you demonstrated real facility for something like this. The risk-reward seems sort of poor.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I appreciate that, thank you. I do.

You said

Or either. Or neither. Without being able to replicate it, you can't tell if it's a good guess or confirmation bias or a message from beyond or misperception. There may be more gravy than grave about it. Insufficient information. Worth noting but difficult to draw to a valid conclusion.

My reply
Ok ... what IF you had to drop all prior beliefs and wipe the slate clean. Even athiests believe in something right?

Wipe your mind, wipe your bias handed down to you from aeons past. Use only your intuition, and your common sense.

Now after doing that, tell me what you honestly think. Without bias without prior knowlege of anything. What does that thing inside of you say, call it intuition if you wish.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

I'd still say, it's something, but I'm not sure what.

It's interesting, but it's not something I can switch off when I get tired of it, like seeing my peripheral vision fill in what it expects to see (an odd ripply effect), or seeing my blind spots intentionally.

Since it won't just go away without a fight once I pay attention to it long enough, it's sort of one of those things you have to ask, if I keep this up, does it become permanent or do I gain enough facility to dismiss it when I want? And I don't know. So, you have to weigh 'is this more than some bogus visual perceptual error' vs 'this is the greatest thing since standardized resistor values'.

Grant you, for the guys with some facility at it, it was useful in Optimal Path. And I used to do parlor tricks with it when I was diddling with it a lot. But was that info something I already had, and therefore what I'm seeing is a visual version of using a pendulum? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That's fair, I appreciate your honesty on the subject.

I think we'll all be given the opportunity to verify it all, when time permits.

This was interesting as always, Thank You

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ok, then... what about the unexplainable?

I'm not religious and i'm fairly sure you're not either. So how does one explain that which cannot be explained?

For instance, Intuition of a fatal death. You have this and so does your best bud/bro/parent etc. How do you explain seeing the same thing, and feeling it will happen, and then it does?

I like the more scientific term "Spider Sense". But seriously though no such thing as Coincidences or Luck. Its called Murphy's Law. Everything happens for a reason. Some are just at the wrong place at the right or wrong time.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I'm sorry but Murphy doesn't know S-ht. But that's ok.

Thank you
edit on 3-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'd say yes - they could be captured on film and potentially seen by someone who either picked up the skill or already had it.

It's not one my own skills - at one point, I did attempt to enhance it when I was younger, and I got it to where I could "see" what I can only describe as "squiggles" around someone when they were doing something they were passionate about (IE: my conductor was doing a passionate piece he loved very much - and I could see something radiating off of him). Now, it could be that all I was observing was heat waves coming off him.

The only time I could not disprove what I saw was when I went to the Mammoth Caves later that year: We went into a cave and told to turn off our phones so that we could see how dark it was in there without light. When they cut the lights, I had my eyes shut to help adjust, and I found that on opening them I could faintly see everyone's outline in a very, very, very pale white (think maybe 1/100th of a glowstick) light. Everyone else said they couldn't see their hand, but I could see the outline of mine in the same muted light.

On the side - if someone offers to charge you money to have your aura read, chances are it's not legit. And if you want to learn about the phenomenon don't trust everything you read in the newer "psychic" books - Look for books that were written back in the earlier years (I've found I get much more substantial content in the older books - What a concept, selling a book to teach as opposed to make more money). Newer books tend to repeat everything that was published prior, but with less content.

-fossilera

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

I'd say yes - they could be captured on film and potentially seen by someone who either picked up the skill or already had it.

It's not one my own skills - at one point, I did attempt to enhance it when I was younger, and I got it to where I could "see" what I can only describe as "squiggles" around someone when they were doing something they were passionate about (IE: my conductor was doing a passionate piece he loved very much - and I could see something radiating off of him). Now, it could be that all I was observing was heat waves coming off him.

The only time I could not disprove what I saw was when I went to the Mammoth Caves later that year: We went into a cave and told to turn off our phones so that we could see how dark it was in there without light. When they cut the lights, I had my eyes shut to help adjust, and I found that on opening them I could faintly see everyone's outline in a very, very, very pale white (think maybe 1/100th of a glowstick) light. Everyone else said they couldn't see their hand, but I could see the outline of mine in the same muted light.

On the side - if someone offers to charge you money to have your aura read, chances are it's not legit. And if you want to learn about the phenomenon don't trust everything you read in the newer "psychic" books - Look for books that were written back in the earlier years (I've found I get much more substantial content in the older books - What a concept, selling a book to teach as opposed to make more money). Newer books tend to repeat everything that was published prior, but with less content.

-fossilera

Yup I can agree with this statement. However I haven't been able to see Auras in complete Darkness. And trust me I have tried.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Yup I can agree with this statement. However I haven't been able to see Auras in complete Darkness. And trust me I have tried.

I don't know anyone who could. It's not like something's physically glowing, it's perceptual. If you can't see it clearly, you won't see whatever an aura is associated with it.

I notice that too much light washes out whatever it is I see. Too little and it fades away as well. However, whilst I occasionally see very bright ones around particular people in bright sunshine, I've never seen one in the dark. If you could, you'd be able to take off through the woods in dead night at a dead run without lights, using the auras around trees. That would have been pretty damned useful more than once.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

In regards to that experience - To this day, I'm still not quite sure what it was that I saw. Everything had the same muted color (reminded me a bit of the description of St. Elmo's Fire). An aura was the only closest logical explanation I had, because I have never been in another pitch-black situation (I've done night hikes, and have been in places that are close, but all these places had some sliver of light present.

Maybe the next time I take a trip to the caves, I'll see if I can reproduce.

-foss

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

I don't know anyone who could. It's not like something's physically glowing, it's perceptual. If you can't see it clearly, you won't see whatever an aura is associated with it.

I notice that too much light washes out whatever it is I see. Too little and it fades away as well. However, whilst I occasionally see very bright ones around particular people in bright sunshine, I've never seen one in the dark. If you could, you'd be able to take off through the woods in dead night at a dead run without lights, using the auras around trees. That would have been pretty damned useful more than once.

Holy Crap I have noticed that as well. I second guess myself when I see that it may have been because of the light like on a bright sunny day i notice the auras on people are very well defined. But on a rainy cloudy day when the Sun isnt out its a lot harder to see peoples auras. I also noticed that I can always see my Aura so much better in a Mirror. Its usually Red. And I canal so see Auras on Objects. Its almost like a fingerprint that you can see. Or inanimate Objects have Souls one or the other im not sure which is right.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What about the auras around plants? I often see beautiful lights around the trees. . . .

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
most of the time for most people an aura or at least a true aura is going to be difficult to see. this is because the color on the clothes will typically overpower your visual field and cause a polar opposite color to appear as an aura.
This is called chromatic adaption a color shader/bright colored light is in our vision for a long time our brains will try to compensate by creating the opposite color inside the brain as our brain tries to keep all colors the same for us at all times.

A lot of these *aura* training exercises are really just messing with chromatic adaption.

I am not seeing they cant be seen. But staring really hard is likely going to be chromatic adaption

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
most of the time for most people an aura or at least a true aura is going to be difficult to see. this is because the color on the clothes will typically overpower your visual field and cause a polar opposite color to appear as an aura.
This is called chromatic adaption a color shader/bright colored light is in our vision for a long time our brains will try to compensate by creating the opposite color inside the brain as our brain tries to keep all colors the same for us at all times.

A lot of these *aura* training exercises are really just messing with chromatic adaption.

I am not seeing they cant be seen. But staring really hard is likely going to be chromatic adaption

Like I said before the most common colors I see are Blue/Yellow. I see them on all types of different clothing to. But I don't see a Aura on every single person.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join