It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wall of Red Herrings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So Trump has saved 1000 or so jobs at a Carrier air conditioner plant by preventing them from moving to Mexico.

Everyone is happy. Build that wall right now they say. Lets deport all these people so we have the jobs again they say.

The hook is baited and people are lined up to have a bite. Time to set the hook and reel them in.

The wall is a misdirection designed to fool those who don't look at the big picture. While everyone feels safe and happy that they will now have a wall up to prevent their jobs being taken away, they will see their jobs slowly but then quickly vanish before their very eyes. Mexicans will not be taking your jobs in the near future. No people will, but the jobs will continue to vanish faster than you can imagine. How will this happen??

A.I. is coming and it's almost here.

Most current jobs we have these days will soon be done by A.I. and automation / robotics. There is no wall that will keep that out. As business owners and corporations begin to replace humans with A.I. there will be less and less jobs to have. Most of these business owners will not pass the savings on to the customers or clients, thus lowering the prices everywhere. They will pocket all the money saved for themselves or to expand and then take even more jobs to make more money.

Will Trump say no to A.I.?? No way. If he did say no to A.I. then USA would be left in the dust while every other country on earth rockets past them as they will all be embracing A.I.

I don't know what to even think about this upcoming A.I. problem but I know that this wall is just to appease the ignorant in the very short term. It's all a big misdirection.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

If what you say is a correct forecast then surely this is going to be a global problem, not just an American one.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: DumpMaster

If what you say is a correct forecast then surely this is going to be a global problem, not just an American one.

You're right about that one.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Let's start with the wall first, if not to protect American jobs, then to just protect Americans. Although it way to late, our open door policy has let in plenty of would be terrorists already.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Human labor will only last as long as it remains cheaper than automation; the high-water mark for this is long past with outsourcing to cheaper countries.

I don't want to sound like the guy on the street corning preaching doom, but without properly addressing the automated takeover of the vast majority of the economy, bad times are ahead.

This thread is also going to get a lot less attention than it should, because everyone would rather bicker over politics.
edit on 12/2/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

That's true, but at least this is being brought up more often.

This is the 3rd thread I've seen in the last few days where this has been brought up. So that's a step in the right direction at least.

join