It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis set to be legalised in Ireland for medicinal use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Good News for the Irish!

Finally World Governments are finding their heads and coming to their senses like the rest of us who knew this decades ago.

IT REALLY WORKS!

www.independent.co.uk...

Irish legislators have passed a bill to make cannabis legal for medicinal use after the government said it would not stand in the way. The bill seeks to legalise and regulate cannabis products for those suffering serious illnesses like cancer, multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia, as well as people who live with chronic pain.

Its sponsor, People Before Profit TD Gino Kenny, said that if finalised it would give doctors the power to decide if their patients would benefit from the drug, RTÉ reported.

The bill was passed in Ireland's lower house without a vote. It is the latest in a series of moves by politicians around the world to make marijuana legal for medical use. A school district in New Jersey, USA, has even allowed the drug to be administered to pupils on its grounds by a parent or guardian.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It's pretty cool to see marijuana become more and more decriminalized over the years in the US and the world! This is something I've wanted to see years back, like most people, and watching that snowball of legalization finally get rolling is exciting!
edit on 2-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Glad to hear it. I cannot believe it has taken this long to get this plant approved for it's many medicinal properties. Hope my state of Pennsylvania follows suit soon as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah it really is, there's definately been a snowball effect in the couple of years or so.

The full impact of it is now becoming apparent, you're right it's about damn time!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

It's taken this long because of the idiots running things. There's so much more info on it that they can't ignore the positive impact it's having on people anymore. It's a Plant they're having a hard time patenting. But beware I've heard that Monsanto is messing with Mary Jane and People don't like it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good job Ireland!

Smart move

The country should now be named Irieland

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I was told by someone that it will be legalised next year, he said if more matter of fact rather than his opinion, oh he meant UK wide...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

UK wide is good. This shouldn't have been outlawed to begin with.

Law makers and the long held ignorance with it can move along now.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Ireland made the right decision on this one.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Great news!!! Check out this amazing short video showing the effects of marijuana on a patient's Parkinson's.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Great news!!! Check out this amazing short video showing the effects of marijuana on a patient's Parkinson's.

Wow! Amazing to say the very least. 30mg's in 20 mins and boom, tremor gone!

Thanks for sharing this, that was excellent seeing just how powerful Cannabis is for a host of symptomatic problems in people.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Here's another couple of good Videos for dementia. Amazing what Cannabis can reverse. It's a total wake up for millions.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Grats! It hopefully will be the beginning of a wave across the UK and Europe ending in legalization if not just medicinal and decriminalization.
edit on 3-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Obviously. . Cigrete companies are on the way out. Government need another source extract money from people..

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
YAY iv got family down southern Ireland, might be time to catch up for a lil smoke lol
I'm guessing this is just down south as the north is still under uk rule

I wonder how the locals are going to react to this as it was passed without vote, drug dealing is a big no no in a lot of areas in Ireland, the ira (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) are well known for knocking on the parents of the dealers front door and giving them the choice of finding their kids body dumped or they can bring them in themselves and the dealer gets kneecapped with a shotgun. I don't know if they would do this over cannabis but I know coc aine and heroin dealers get this treatment, maybe we should adopt this punishment for all heroin and crack dealers world wide

edit on 3-12-2016 by TigStar82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

The World is changing, I think many of the Irish will have no problem changing with this. God created Weed. I don't think they're going to challenge him on this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This reminds me about a Denise leary bit on irland and umm we'll u know

Good for them tho one day maby thell be lagalized who knows

new topics

top topics

join