It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan just another A.I.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was bored and browsed the movie database for a movie to watch, most is junk like always and the blockbusters lacks original content for me even to consider worth watching. I do however love a sci-fi movie and i actually give any sci-fi venture a chance even though the grades are poor or average..
Mostly cause the targeted group and the Mainstream viewers see very differently on the genre, i dont watch a sci-fi or fantasy cause of a hype, i watch it cause its the genre i was grown up in and actually enjoyed.
I browsed and my eyes caught a movie named Morgan.
--

A corporate risk-management consultant must decide whether or not to terminate an artificially created humanoid being.

I really enjoyed it, it wasnt a great movie mostly an average one, but i enjoyed it, it told a tale about something different. And gave a thought of what could be real.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Right on man, I'll have to Check this out. Always lookin for new things to watch. The premise seems very interesting to say the least. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

look good but its almost a carbon copy of ex-machina but with more focus on on screen action and less depth.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I saw it in the theater, and again last night. I quite enjoyed it.

That's a minority view it seems. Didn't do well in the box office and gets rather bad reviews on IMDB.

Was it AI? I got the impression it was more about genetic engineering of humans.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

look good but its almost a carbon copy of ex-machina

Seen both? I've seen both twice now.

I would say there are clearly similarities but a number of very different ones. Most definitely not a copy.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I just got done watching it about 10 minutes ago. I thought it was good.

I thought the end was a little too expected, but still worth watching.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

look good but its almost a carbon copy of ex-machina

Seen both? I've seen both twice now.

I would say there are clearly similarities but a number of very different ones. Most definitely not a copy.

I have not seen morgan yet but going by the trailer the main differences seem to be that morgan is a results of altering genetics to create a artificial human being while ex machina is a robot. Other then that i noticed that both become manipulative and violent and have the goal of escaping and they do.

are those similarities incorrect?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Yeah, you could say genetic engineering..
I was having a philosophical thought when i started the OP, my mind was in Westworld

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Those are more or less points of similarity, yeah.

altering genetics to create a artificial human

Artificial might not be an accurate word depending on the nature of the genetic tinkering. It wasn't made entirely clear what the process was (or I wasn't paying attention).

are those similarities incorrect?

I would illustrate how exactly they diverge from each other in relatively big ways but it would just be a bunch of spoilers.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

my mind was in Westworld

A good place for it to be

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

If looks could kill!

That's how I look when i'm shopping, I just want my stuff get out of my way or die.

Might be a good movie.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This was a really f*ked up movie!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

But a really well done one

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You may wanna check out the series West World

I am hooked ah tell ya hooked! nothing is ever quite like it seemed.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This show rocks. Everyone should watch it

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I just got done watching it about 10 minutes ago. I thought it was good.

I thought the end was a little too expected, but still worth watching.

i just watched it the other night. thought it was real good.
for me though the ending surprised me. i didnt pick up on it till it was almost over. after i watched it though the clues sprinkled throughout were apparent but not while i was watching.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I quite liked it. Not the best, but i don't seems to be in the mood to consider something as "the best" nowadays so don't call me out on that.

Similarities with Ex Machina (of which I really like the setting in that Norwegian Hotel) but totally different.

Uncanny is another example of a different approach to the same kind of theme "Human Interaction with A.I. or the otherway around".

edit on 3-12-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join