It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Lucid Dream -- I couldn't wake up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I had what I think was my first lucid dream last night.
In the dream I was in my bedroom talking to someone when I suddenly realised I was dreaming. This kind of took me suprise and at first I wasn't really sure what the heck was happening so I tried to wake up but I couldn't. I was stuck in my dream. Nothing bad was happening in the dream but the realisation that I couldn't wake up made me panic and I started screaming out for help.
The sound of my actual voice screaming out woke me into a state of sleep paralysis which I often get and can get out of easily (I've learn't to control myself in this state due to the fact I get it so often).
I freed myself from the paralysis and went back to sleep within a minute. I was back in the lucid dream. I can remember thinking I could do what I wanted so I tried flying off but all I can remember is passing through the wall and into what I can only describe as a grey cloud... at this point I think I lost control as I think I fell into a deep sleep and can't remember anything else. Oh well, thats probably the shortest and dullest lucid dream in history but you have to start somewhere.

It was very weird but cool feeling.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The second dream is pretty typical for a first timer and can be typical for certain people who are more experienced too. Last night I wanted to see a giraffe and it was instant, then I wanted to see an old girlfriend and I couldn't do it. I felt like I couldn't hold her in my mind with enough focus to conjure her.

Falling back out of lucidity and having the dream take over hapens to me as well. I am not a good artist because I can't keep pictures in my head very well, I think this hurts me when I am dreaming lucid. I bet artist have an easier time of it.

Originally posted by cainey
In the dream I was in my bedroom talking to someone when I suddenly realised I was dreaming. This kind of took me suprise and at first I wasn't really sure what the heck was happening so I tried to wake up but I couldn't. I was stuck in my dream. Nothing bad was happening in the dream but the realisation that I couldn't wake up made me panic and I started screaming out for help.
The sound of my actual voice screaming out woke me into a state of sleep paralysis which I often get and can get out of easily (I've learn't to control myself in this state due to the fact I get it so often).
I freed myself from the paralysis and went back to sleep within a minute. I was back in the lucid dream. I can remember thinking I could do what I wanted so I tried flying off but all I can remember is passing through the wall and into what I can only describe as a grey cloud... at this point I think I lost control as I think I fell into a deep sleep and can't remember anything else. Oh well, thats probably the shortest and dullest lucid dream in history but you have to start somewhere.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by AZLS1]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
my last lucid dream I had the classic "trying to run from the bad guy but my legs are like lead" dream, realized it, and I turned around and kicked his but !

then I tried flying, and all I got was the ability to leap about 30' high and 100' long, butt hat was fun anyway.

I've only been able to do it about 10 times.

I had a funny one, where I was sleeping and the phone was really ringing, and I tried to answer it in my dream. After about 10 rings, I realized what was going on and woke up....

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't have lucid dreams very often,(although I have them a lot more often than when I was younger) but when I know that I'm dreaming, I very rarely try to alter them. I think it's more amusing to see where my mind will take me.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think I've had so many lucid dreams that now when dreams aren't lucid, I have superpowers and think nothing of it. I do remember one lucid dream where I felt stuck in the dream. So I dreamed that I would make myself human again with all of our limited thoughts and abilities and only have a memory of a dream. Then I woke up from the dream. I didn't panic at all though. Try flying in your lucid dreams, that is fun.

Do you levitate, float, or fly like superman?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Do you levitate, float, or fly like superman?

I kind of flew like superman I suppose.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Weird .. my reaction to realizeing that i am dreaming is often to try to fly . I have been able to leap tall building in a single bound but have never actualy achieved full blown flight .

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I had lucid dreams many times, i don't know what to do in them.. I tried many things...going through a mirror, wall, calling people, talking on the phone, flying asking characters questions.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
any ideas on how to MAKE yourself have a lucid (very real) dream???

i want to experience it

thanks...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cainey

I have had lucid dreams my whole life... actually thought everyone did until a few years ago
I am in my 40's and I still have times where I have trouble waking from a lucid dream... I have slept for 12 hours straight because of them... I am able to wake up and go back to the same dream or continue the dream several nights in a row just by thinking about it before I go to sleep

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cainey

Hey! That is not dull, your first Lucid dream started well, and was interesting; congratulations and thank you for sharing that..

Also being able to handle sleep paralysis that well is a nice skill, my first one scared me to death!

I plan on posting all of the sleep paralysis moments that I can remember one day, if someone can help remind me.

edit on 14-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

edit on 14-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Addition

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you are in a lucid dream and want to wake up, just hold your breath. It has gotten me out of many dreams. I also found another way to change a dream, but I have to think about it, because if I don't, I forget to do it. But what you can do in the dream is just imagine a door, and think about opening it and whatever you want to see will be on the other side. Another thing I did once was back up against a wall. Then I told myself that the wall wasn't really there and suddenly I just sort of fell backwards in the dream and fell into black nothingness that formed a new dream around me.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Interesting, I have never tried those wake up techniques, but I have my own technique to wake up; thank you for sharing those.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I had a series of lucid dreams about 10 years ago and encountered difficulties waking up in all occasions. I could do imaginative things like walking through walls and flying around to any places (couldn't remember why I didn't travel out beyond 7 miles).

Besides having hard times waking up, there was another limitation - beware of houses with holy scripture on their walls if you have some personal evil desire. I attempted once to copulate a lady next door and I ended up being sucked up (like a vacuum) to a holy scripture. Really had a terrible time trying to escape.

From religious point of view, lucid dreams are when souls are given privilege to experience something special to roam around the spirit world.

From scientific point of view, this is nothing more than a brain/mind game - a real concern because the experience feels real. And it might explain why few people died while sleeping.

edit on 2/14/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cainey

young dreamer of the lucid
The force was with you when u ..had your lucid dream.
I have listened to alot of these strange dreams coming from the humans on the ats.
Not only did you have a lucid dream.
But you, also got a chance to...'jump inside' your dream.
I too have been inside my own dream.
Welcome to the realization of 'dream jumping'
Now that you have done that.
You are now able to 'Dream jump in and out of other peoples dreams'...>[With knowing this time]'
'next time dont panic' embrace the rush,and

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I rarely have lucid dream, but when I do .... wow....quite an experience I can tell you that.
I become like God himself .... I'm invincible, I can fly at superman speed, I can shoot energy ball out of my hand, I have telekinesis, telepathy, I can breathe underwater as well as outer space......it always goes like this; discover my powers, battle with bad guys, become king of the world expanding my empire through the Milkyway...trillions of individual live in happiness and prosperity together peacefully.
Quite long, but yeah thats what I usually have in my lucid dream.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If you want to induce lucid dreaming you have to devote at least 8+ hours to it or forget it. You have to reach rem sleep and even deeper to dream...Which is why you need the time. I usually will focus right before I go to sleep that I will have a lucid dream and will wake up in my dream. You will not do it your first couple trys but dont give up.

Another great technique is to always question reality. Ask yourself during the waking world if this is a dream? Am I dreaming now? Of course your not but you will then ask when your actually dreaming and get the answer...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cainey

when i have lucid dreams some of them start out when i am trying to swim in my dream; i am not a very good swimmer and it shows up in my dreams. i struggle trying to swim and then realize it is a dream and find it easier to just fly then swim.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by illusion987

I think that is good advice, it has worked once for me before.

In at least two of my dreams I asked a dream character if this was a dream and they told me yes, so I went lucid, and those two dreams have been two of my most stable lucid dreams.

new topics

top topics

join