It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Young Turks Get Confronted About The Armenian Genocide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
The original Young Turks were a reformist movement in the last years of the Ottoman empire. That is why the term has become a metaphor about "wanting to change things".
If memory serves, the Young Turks actually took over at some point. I don't know if they were in charge when the massacres took place, I would have to check.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

They use Racism to combat Racism.

Intentional or not, that is nefarious.

Overall most of the time they are just misguided liberals who produce clickbait designed to bring in the pennies.

They do have some good Standing Rock footage, which, I believe can be used to galvanise this disjointed internet....erm, I mean world.

ALS

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The original Young Turks were a reformist movement in the last years of the Ottoman empire. That is why the term has become a metaphor about "wanting to change things".
If memory serves, the Young Turks actually took over at some point. I don't know if they were in charge when the massacres took place, I would have to check.

They were involved in the genocide for sure but there were much larger factors in play.

WW1 was a complicated time.

ALS

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Did you watch the Young Turk Meltdown on election day? Good god it was horrific, but hilarious.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I did, thats forever-gold.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sorry to be off topic, but its insane that even to this day that some countries still havent officialy called this tragedy a genocide, i remember my dad was the mp in canada that started the petition for canada to finnaly accept the real story, to this day turkey still cant say what happened was there fault.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Cenk apologized to his denying the genocide. When he made them he was young and thought he knew everything and has since seen the error of his ways. Takes a big person to admit when they're wrong.

SO whenever Trump apologizes for his various antics that would go against your worldview, all will be forgiven and you'll have his back too, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I saw that today in a new Sargon piece:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Cenk apologized to his denying the genocide. When he made them he was young and thought he knew everything and has since seen the error of his ways. Takes a big person to admit when they're wrong.

Question: If he admits he was wrong, why are they still The Young Turks? Sure, you could say the brand is already established I suppose, but is that particular brand worth the stigma? Should we question if he now has a public and private view on it? Hmmmm.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

SO whenever Trump apologizes for his various antics that would go against your worldview, all will be forgiven and you'll have his back too, right?

Do you even have to ask? We know Swills would do the right thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
TYT represents the very definition of libtard. About half their viewership are people who just watch their videos to laugh at how cringy and two-faced they are.

The election day meltdown was hilarious, you literally see them go through the 5 stages of grief; denial, anger, bargaining, depression & acceptance.

edit on 2-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I gotta echo Wardaddy here.

If Cenk rescinds his statements on the Armenian genocide then why hasn't he taken action to actually recognise this genocide instead of coping out like he has:

I don’t want to make the same mistake again, so I am going to refrain from commenting on the topic of the Armenian Genocide, which I do not know nearly enough about.

He clearly knows enough to comment on - you can see this in his original writing where he denies the genocide - he has done his research and should be able to form an opinion.

He has also clearly made his mind up and even if he does believe that the genocide occurred (which I doubt highly) he is a weak man for not making his view clear as he does this to keep Turkish viewers.

I can't believe that Cenk hasn't done his research or simply googled the Armenian genocide to form a clear opinion in the ten years between him writing the article and making his statement.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ALSGoes4th

They use racism? Please then provide us a video of their racism because they have a vast collection of many segments on their channel. Are you talking about how they talk about police shootings and unarmed black people because I watch their videos and I never recalled a moment when Cenk or Ana came off as racist, or anyone else on their roster.

Btw, funny you mention Standing Rock because the TYT just put this out.

Donald Trump On Dakota Access Pipeline Investment

(SPOILER: He stands with Big Oil, who he has investments in)

edit on 2-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah, well, looks like we got some reading to do.

God damnit.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, Trump doesn't have any integrity, at all, so why the hell would I ever believe him when he says he's sorry?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do you even have to ask? We know Swills would do the right thing.

He says with venom dripping sarcasm....
And Stank apologizing is like a fox apologizing for raiding the henhouse

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Question: If he admits he was wrong, why are they still The Young Turks? Sure, you could say the brand is already established I suppose, but is that particular brand worth the stigma? Should we question if he now has a public and private view on it? Hmmmm.

Like I said, I dunno why they call themselves that so I decided to ask them myself.

tytnetwork.com...

What does The Young Turks mean? Why is the show named The Young Turks?
The selection of the name The Young Turks reflects the definition provided in American Heritage Dictionary.

Young Turk (n.)

1. Young, progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement or political party.

2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations.

The selection of this name does not refer to any specific, historical incarnation of The Young Turks.

So there ya go but I'm sure many won't accept it and continue to use it as an attack. And round and round and round we go!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

If believing Trump actually embodies any compassion and empathy is insane.

He uses his charity as his personal piggy bank, a piggy bank he never donates actual money to. He thinks rounds of golf for business partners and celebrities is giving to charity. His foundation has been suspended by NY and told not to continue while they conduct their investigation of it.

I will not believe a person like this when they tell me they're sorry about anything because I know they are incapable of feeling shame and remorse.

edit on 2-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Never got peoples beef with TYT or bringing up the genocide of Armenians every video in the comment section. Whats the end goal of it all? What do people expect to happen by doing it? If there is no important end goal that gets us closer to a society of equality then its just pointless.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Play that meltdown video I posted, and tell me the Turks have any integrity. And then tell me you aren't owning up to double standards to your standard bearers vs. the 'other team'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join