It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Scotland had a Fogbow now Wales has a Fogdome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Weird sightings abound in these here British Isles , first the Scottish Fogbow spotted last week now closely followed by a Welsh Fogdome , what next for England or Ireland.

The Fogdome was spotted by one of the BBC's Weather Watchers , identified only as Hannah , while out walking her dog in Denbighshire, north east Wales.

"I just couldn't believe how perfectly dome shaped it was. After about 10 minutes it started to flatten and looked like low lying cloud along the fields but over quite a big area, it was huge"

Met Office and BBC Weather Centre Forecaster John West shares with us his thoughts on what could be causing this effect.
"This is a very unusual phenomenon, but the most likely explanation is that the "fog dome" has been caused by a source of heat close to the ground, possibly an agricultural building or a relatively warm pool of water. As the fog has formed in the valley this heat source has forced the fog to lift away from the ground into a dome as warmer air rises; like a hot air balloon."
www.bbc.co.uk...

in Denbighshire did kubla khan a stately pleasure dome decree.

It's been a weird year , the weather seems to want in on the 2016 strangeness.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
love this! Wow!
I'm from Anglesey.....and there have been some weird atmospherics around there for some years now.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow! This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. Very cool! Gotta love nature!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hmm. Wales is weird. What are they hiding in there?
That is pretty cool though, it stomps all over our fogbow.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Cool as!

...The BBC weather watchers website is excellent isn't it, I love browsing what it's like around our islands.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Hey beansidhe , long time no see.
I must admit I think the fogbow was aesthetically more pleasing largely due to the framing of the picture with the solitary tree , the fog dome would have more impact if you were lucky enough to see it I think although the picture does do it justice.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That is really awesome looking. Never seen anything like it. The explanation of what causes it sounds to me a little similar to how a tornado forms hmm cool!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Now only if there was like a town under the fog dome and there was some underground tunnels and the sheriff was crazy and killing people... oh, that's right it has already been done. Besides, "Simpsons Did It"!

[Enough of that nonsense! OK, one more: #GoFogBow]

Crazy cool! It looks so fake you know it has to be real. A faked one would probably look too perfect! Looks to be some light fog surrounding the bottom like it is leaking or something.

Nice catch BBC weather watcher! Thanks for the share gortex!

S+F

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
O my..look at that! that is something, thanks for posting this one, I've never heard of this before

new topics

top topics

join