It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges filed against man who confessed to punching 14-month-old baby to death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think someone from the street will get him.

People don't like people who hurt kids.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: havok
Only in California.

amirite?

No, you're not.

Are you sure?

There was also the case of the "babysitter" sodomizing the toddler for walking in front of his console game, and the judge gave the person a slap on the wrist.

Granted, I'm sure junk like this can be found in every stater, from time to time, Cali makes the headlines often.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This seems beyond belief. They have a confession and a dead baby. What more do they need to prosecute?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't get it.

How can he get away with this, is his name Donald??

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: loam

I don't get it.

How can he get away with this, is his name Donald??

you mean Clinton...

The medical examiner cant conclusively state the punch is what resulted in the childs death. There are no external injuries visible. The PA cant prove beyond a reasonable doubt the punch killed the child, even with what the suspect said. If they charge -

* - It wouldnt make it past the preliminary hearing for lack of evidence.
* - If it somehow does he could be found not guilty since there is no forensic evidence linking him to the death and since jeopardy attaches he could not be retried.

By not charging him and hoping new evidence can be located they can always go back and prosecute him with evidence that would secure a conviction.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This seems beyond belief. They have a confession and a dead baby. What more do they need to prosecute?

It does doesn't it? I know of a child killer(killed an ex friend of mine's daughter) that was let out of prison only after four years. The cigarette burns on her, the beaten swollen child, wasn't enough for the failed justice system to put him away for life.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

How in the hell could you take the death of the child and make it about someone you do not like you sick F. Seriously. This scumbag will get his on the street but this is the same state that wants to defy the Federal Government as a sanctuary state. I am waiting for him to be invited to the White House for a final dinner with Barry....
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002016-12-02T23:08:36-06:001136 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: shooterbrody
How would you argue the punch resulted in death when the medical examiner could not do it?

I'd mention something called common sense and that 1 + 1 = 2

I mean if most of us can make the connection here, man punches baby in stomache, baby then dies, baby has internal injuries = guy killed baby. Then I would assume cops, lawyers and doctors could also make the same connection.

It just shows how #ed up the law is with all of it's loopholes and stupidity.
edit on 6-12-2016 by AtomicKangaroo because: stuff

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Except you are over looking the fact its the prosecution that has to make the case and prove beyond a reasonable doubt the suspect is guilty. All it takes is 1 person to not convict and given the evidence it would not be hard for the defense to change the mind of one juror given the prosecution cant say what killed the victim.

The prosecution cant argue that the suspects statement proves guilt because the ME can link it to a cause of death coupled with no external injuries / bruising.

If you were the prosecutor you have 2 choices:
A - Push ahead with charges, knowing full well jeopardy attaches, with the "evidence" you have now and run the risk of the suspect walking away free and clear with no possibility to charge him later because the ME cant say the victim died from injuries suffered at the hands of the suspect...

or

B - Not charge him and take advantage of the long statute of limitations in an effort to find concrete evidence that would secure a conviction down the road, giving justice to the victim...

Setting aside your anger at the situation and out legal system for a moment and taking into account the above info what would you do? Rush to prosecute and lose or wait to prosecute and secure a conviction?

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
It just shows how #ed up the law is with all of it's loopholes and stupidity.

You would not be saying that if you are the one being charged with a crime. You would demand the presumption of innocence while demanding the prosecutor produce evidence to show your guilt.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join