It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: loveguy

Because they want to be given credit, they want pats on the back...Jolly good show chap kind of stuff they need...

That's all well and good I suppose?

If someone threatened to make my name known here, in the streets, I'd be so f****n pissed at the no integrity butt slime that reeked my name in public. My reaction would be very adverse despite keeping my hands to myself.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Another point about Mr. Roe is this statement he made below:

Afterwards Roe threatened, "watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name."

Hmm...
Revealing in itself his bringing up searching names. Interestingly, if one searches his name you come up with a famous 50's black gangster who was knocked off over the numbers game in Chicago. Probably Sam Giancana had the guy hit for the lucrative numbers racket

In other words no one much knows this chap Roe at all...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

Thanks for the link and the article CardDown , it brought things into focus , what a sordid tale.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Sublimecraft

TBH I think Roe and his co-dependent Lukes are incredibly childish and this is just a UFOlogy war that erupts quite regularly in the field, Sadly for them they picked the wrong person to mess with.

Reading their posts is like reading a a high school fight over christ only knows what teenagers battle each other on.
Isaac should ignore them, but no one can tell him what to do.

I started to reply to this earlier, but it grew beyond post length.
There's a lot more to Erica Lukes' role in this.

Erica Lukes, Ted Roe and the Attack on Isaac Koi

Yes, yet the first time I read this my thought was that in the end it all may come down to a sort of revenge for the Roswell mummy fiasco. Isaac, if you read this, IMO you don't have to leave ufology entirely. Just keep a low profile for a while till the storm settles. Now you know that you have the world on your side. In mean time some research on Ted Roe's dirty laundry won't hurt. And on the person who gave him the photos and the name. Revealing your identity is a rude violation of the rules of that meeting in France and this can damage someone else's reputation really very badly.

I won't be surprised if this gang tries to go now after other members of the team that exposed the mummy slides. Watch out, guys.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Lol.
Just goes to show the actions of a Hoe Hoe Hoe.
A woman scorned n all that and a puppy dog infatuation

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

Good summary there.

Butthurt egomaniacs getting triggered when their pet theories get shot down....

Oh and why am I not surprised Jaime Maussan gets name dropped too....

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is a lesson to the younger folks here.

I myself have run the gamut of the petty politics in movements from religious to secular causes, tenet issues, or whatever; it can get vicious.

Of course, I don’t want to be too cynical here, but…

I remember years ago riding to a religious interfaith conference to NYC with a couple of buddies and in the car I predicted to the tee what strife would literally ruin the conference.

…And, when the very thing happened as I predicted occurred exactly as I said it would, one of my friends was flabbergasted at my prognostication ability.

I told him, no, I am not a prophet I just know the dynamics of the movement culture and human nature

I said that to him, while the conference was letting out early, as the participants had started such a virulent argument they had to abandon the conference to avoid violence…

The same thing occurs in any movement culture. If you are going to get ahead in such environments, you have to be ruthless. If you join DON’T expect cumbaya, expect to be in a turbulent environment.

It does not matter whether its politics, religion, Ufology, educational movements, or any cause or movement…Human nature is a bitch and a bastard

All that said, I don’t want people to be cynical--just wise and aware...that

...There's a Ted Roe in every organization

edit on 3-12-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Sublimecraft

TBH I think Roe and his co-dependent Lukes are incredibly childish and this is just a UFOlogy war that erupts quite regularly in the field, Sadly for them they picked the wrong person to mess with.

Reading their posts is like reading a a high school fight over christ only knows what teenagers battle each other on.
Isaac should ignore them, but no one can tell him what to do.

I started to reply to this earlier, but it grew beyond post length.
There's a lot more to Erica Lukes' role in this.

Erica Lukes, Ted Roe and the Attack on Isaac Koi

Thanks for posting this succinct summary, I got there reading the trail and it took way longer!

What I got out of it, was that if Erica Lukes was Involved the Roswell slides hoax and was triggered when IK debunked them.

Roe and Lukes....what a joke....

edit on 3-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Ive read the pdf koi produced and visited the sites and read up a bit but i havent found where roe claims someone else threatened to out isaac.

If roe claims to not have threatened and also repeatedly claims it would be wrong to out isaac, what is the curreny issue other than s bunch of narcissists parading on facebook?

I just want to read isaacs initial comments and the true first threat.

I have to say that following Isaac Koi's work through ATS has been one of the most rewarding rides through the ufo phenom.
Isaac koi is a true gem among people

B

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy
If roe claims to not have threatened and also repeatedly claims it would be wrong to out isaac, what is the curreny issue other than s bunch of narcissists parading on facebook?
I was wondering the same thing, but I'm not sure if I would trust Roe to be good for his word to not out Isaac. It wasn't so much one specific sentence but the abundance of small inferences like his talking about the pictures, why does he even need to bring those up if not some kind of veiled threat about outing Isaac?

One of the most troubling statements by Roe is the one on page 76 of the pdf "Just watch how i make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name". However you want to interpret that, I don't think it means anything good, and is sufficient reason to be concerned about the character of Roe.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
Just to make it clear that I quoted Ted Roe _exactly_ when I quit ufology due to statements by him (which many of you know already because you followed his posts at the time), I've added footnotes to my farewell/resignation statement which cross-references each and every single point I said in that statement to 100+ pages of exhibited screen shots (with links for anyone to verify those exhibited screen shots).

I've done this because Ted Roe has now said that he doesn't think I "have any integrity" and have lied. (He has also complained about the lack of support he is getting...).

Look, Ted Roe has won and I've left ufology - but his current nonsense is just rubbing salt into my wounds.

www.isaackoi.com...

Goodbye: I seem to have greatly annoyed Ted Roe about a month ago when I posted a brief comment on Facebook about his new IAUPR group [_FOOTNOTE 1_]. Without wanting to bother you all with the details, he has subsequently posted on various Facebook pages attacking my use of a pseudonym (referring to me as a "fictional entity" [_FOOTNOTE 2_],"it" [_FOOTNOTE 3_] and posting "Who the # is Isaac Koi and why won't he comply w the standards we do" [_FOOTNOTE 4_]). The relevant Facebook pages include his own page and the one at the link below [_FOOTNOTE 5_] (among others [_FOOTNOTE 6_]):

www.facebook.com...

In the context of these posts on various Facebook pages, Ted Roe posted about "my guys" [_FOOTNOTE 7_] being at the CNES event I attended in Paris a couple of years ago (where I had the pleasure of meeting with Jacques Vallee, Richard Haines and various others - including quite a few members of the EuroUFO email List) and there being _"pics"_ [_FOOTNOTE 8_]. Since the relevant meeting was held on the basis that everyone was entitled to preserve their anonymity if they wished, I had expected that any photos that include me would not be made public - but it looks like I may have been too trusting.

Even more worryingly to me, given my concern not to have clients know about my interest in ufology in case this adversely affects my income, he has now posted today - after various people were kind enough to support me in the relevant discussion on Facebook (including Edoardo Russo [_FOOTNOTE 9_], Curt Collins [_FOOTNOTE 10_], Rich Hoffman [_FOOTNOTE 11_], Paul Dean [_FOOTNOTE 12_] and others [_FOOTNOTE 13_]) - called those supporting me "little butt sucking followers" [_FOOTNOTE 14_] and said "just watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name" [_FOOTNOTE 15_].

It appears to be implied - although not entirely clear - that Ted intends to cause my interest in ufology to appear in search results anytime someone searches my (real) name. Given that Ted knows people that have met me (with Ted repeatedly referring to Jacques Vallee in the relevant posts), he could be in a position to do this.

I'm not willing to take this risk.

I've been prepared to share resources freely with the UFO community for over a decade without asking anything in return, simply seeking to be allowed to participate using a pseudonym to avoid risking any potential damage to my career. The above issues suggest that I cannot do this.

This means that I now probably have to cease active participation in ufology - with effect from today. I am, frankly, rather upset about this.

It's been (mostly) fun, but any potential harm to my career is more important to me.

My wife would kill me if my association with ufology damaged my career. She already had a rather jaundiced view of my bothering to spend time on these issues.

Given Ted Roe's connections, I simply don't see any alternative.

All the best,

Isaac

FOOTNOTE 1 : A screenshot of my brief comment on Facebook in October 2016 about Ted Roe's new IAUPR group is at page 133. (It, and the ensuing comments by Ted Roe, are Exhibit E at pages 132-151)

FOOTNOTE 2 : Ted Roe referred to me as a "fictional entity" in the post copied at page 89 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 3 : Ted Roe referred to me as "it" repeatedly, including in the posts copied at page 72

FOOTNOTE 4 : Ted Roe's post "Who the # is Isaac Koi and why won't he comply w the standards we do" is copied at page 43 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 5 : The relevant discussion is Exhibit B (copied at pages 80 to 95 of this PDF).

FOOTNOTE 6 : The other relevant discussions include Exhibit A (at pages 5 to 79 of this PDF)

FOOTNOTE 7 : Ted Roe's post referring to "my guys" is copied at page 60 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 8 : Ted Roe's post referring to there being "pics" is copied at page 60 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 9 : Edoardo Russo's supportive posts include material copied at pages 90-91 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 10 : Curt Collins' supportive posts include material copied at page 83

FOOTNOTE 11 : Rich Hoffman's supportive posts include material copied at pages 67-69, 71, 90 and 92 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 12 : Paul Dean's supportive posts include material copied at page 95.

FOOTNOTE 13 : Other supportive posts include Exhibit D (at pages 118 to 131) and, indeed, most of the material in the exhibits not written by Ted Roe...

FOOTNOTE 14 : Ted Roe's post referring to those supporting me as "little butt sucking followers" is copied at page 93 of this PDF. See also pages 90 and 92 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 15 : Ted Roe's post stating "just watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name" is copied at page 76 of this PDF.

www.isaackoi.com...

Typical IK, even has footnotes and qualifiers for his 'surrender'. This is what we are losing! Over what, really? Does the link
CardDown capture the gist of this clusterf*ck? I truly hope ATS is able to put together the whole story, so that those who choose to help make it possible that you're able to continue to operate anonymously, can act accordingly. This isn't over, but for the meantime good luck and I look forward to your anonymous Ufology research and work.
edit on 3-12-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: italics

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Man, reading through portions of the footnoted .pdf isaac linked, it is clear many people think Ted in the wrong with a few mentioning that it isn't like the Ted they know.

Looks like Ted has a couple of boot lickers sniffing around.

This whole thing smells to high heaven.

Isaac Koi is the absolute gold standard as for what one would want in a research archivist in any field. That he has chosen to dedicate his skills and efforts in the subject of UFOlogy lends a necessary weight of seriousness to a topic that has been wrought with chicanery far too often.

This attack by Ted Roe upon such a treasure to many is similar to an attack upon the Mona Lisa, the great pyramids, or Petra.

The very fact that many who have been at each others throats in the political threads can come together and recognize this gentleman and scholar for what he brings and what he has accomplished is a testament to the fact that Mr. Koi is both highly thought of and preciously valued by anyone who has a genuine desire to see the truth promulgated and ignorance denied.

Everyone in the world who has seen something unexplained in the sky owes you a tremendous debt whether or not they have ever heard of you or your work. Those who do know you through your work, know that you're more than genuine and as unbiased as any human could ever hope to be.

Please Sir Isaac, do not let this scurrilous cur drive you away from your talent and interest!

jadedANDcynical
edit on 3-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: 're

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just jealously on the other parties behalf. Haven't read all of the thread but posting an answer to your initial post.

You'll be okay mate. I for one support you.

My kind regards,

bally

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Remember when drones were "ufo", its silly. When military is ready they will reveal their space crafts. There is no need for "ufology" Lol

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I hope someone..somewhere...makes ted roe painfully aware of his shortcomings. WHat a waste of space.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

My thoughts are this is a conspiracy in itself. Sure, I lurk in the sense that I go over Issac's work for the reading. I will be sad if he leaves.

Love to read what he posts on this site. Actually look forward to it. His posts are my ebook.

Give Issac a different moniker and research the other fellow with regards his contribution to Ufology.

My thoughts,

bally
edit on 3-12-2016 by bally001 because: Spelling mistook

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Man, reading through portions of the footnoted .pdf isaac linked, it is clear many people think Ted in the wrong with a few mentioning that it isn't like the Ted they know.

Looks like Ted has a couple of boot lickers sniffing around.

This whole thing smells to high heaven.

You seem to be implying that Roe may have been goaded...acting out of character...new 'friends' plumping his ego,winding him up and setting him off?

Or am I reading too much into a casual remark

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Hi IsaacKoi,

I just wanted to say that I respect you and your many hours of true research. I have read your amazing posts before I was a member here on ATS.

You are one amazing person.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think this says it all.

www.blueblurrylines.com...

As i said for 12 months i was attacked by the noise makers of ufology.. American and British. Now we have america Brit bashing again because it thinks it can. If you bully anyone you are a troll.. No two ways about it, scum of the earth. I am told this morning by Ms Lukes i should have messaged Ted privately. well I did message Ted privately one month ago when he first attacked Isaac, the message went right over his head... i left UAPKIP.

He actually told me he wanrted NO PART of ANY fighting.. to me.. didn't want it to reflect badly on the group.. Can you believe that? In the very next moment there is an all out war and now I am expected to support Ted and Erica. I have known Erica five minutes. I don't owe anyone a damned thing.. Loyalty comes back at you from loyalty and no one cared about my name being attached to another fight for the wrong reasons. So here i am attaching my own name to another fight for the right reasons. In defense of Isaac. If they want to take me on.. good luck to them. I have all the deleted posts and I WILL parse them if forced. Isaac is owed an apology. The whole of ufology is owed an apology for the pantomime. NO ONE chooses my causes for me. I work alone and for good reason. Look at the mess everything is in.

I fight fire with napalm and i don't mess about. I am game. I mean it. I am fuming.

THIS is all we can look forward to now Payola Harrass is onboard. I would run ten thousand miles then i would run ten thousand more to get away from anything that troll has to do with.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes I have. A month ago and again yesterday. he now says he didn't say it. Another "well i did say that but i didn't mean it".

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join