It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: infomaniachousewife
Really respectable scientists were showing an interest and they are represented by an all out unnecessary unprovoked war over a very simple and reasonable question posed by Isaac.
Can you say what that reasonable question was? Thanks for all your insights.

I want nothing to do with any of their politics, I am standing with Isaac and hope that he sees how much support he has and comes back to us.
Glad to hear this and from the comments on this thread Isaac Koi has the overwhelming support of ATS members, including me also. I can't think of another source providing such a volume of detailed and unbiased, open-minded research, so to me an attack on Isaac Koi is an attack on ufology.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

I hope you don't leave ATS sir Isaac because you have the status of diplomatic anonymity here at ATS, and I hope they do not take that away from you.

You're still one of the few great UFO researchers here and I'm always glad you still fight the unbearable fight to show the truth in al its modesty.

Let's hope other great minds here can protect your anonymity so you can do what you do best..

Keep strong..

edit on 0b23America/ChicagoSat, 03 Dec 2016 10:05:23 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 03 Dec 2016 10:05:23 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I rarely post anything relevant or noteworthy and do not possess the skills involved in contributing to this body of work that is what brought me here in the first place but I would think it would be easy enough to find one like minded individual that he can trust enough to pass the torch to until such a time he can be more comfortable with posting his work.

Surely one of us is worthy to be a decoy and submit his work as their own under a fake or real name to take the heat off him?
The work is more important than any petty arguments we may have about where it comes from or the credit for it? I would bet there would be many who would like to become a proxy just to learn all that he has to offer. We all hunger for more like him not less and each year we lose more of these folks than we gain.

Ok, i will take my rambling self back into obscurity and read some more of the fine offerings of so few in the hope of understanding what this phenomenon really is.

TAW

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
thanks for your comments. This was what Isaac originally posted with a link to the IAUAPR website.

"A new group - with the rather grand title of the International Association of U.A.P. Researchers - (apparently linked to Ted Roe of NARCAP, Ruben Uriate of MUFON and Erica Lukes) is offering "qualified, approved" membership to UAP/UFO "scholars and researchers" for US$75 per year to those that meet the group's approval."

A partial reply from Ted. i can't seem to find the whole post of nasties.

We are trying to offer a peer reviewed journal... we are starting w people that understand how important that is to the field and building from there. Approval is required for active members and associate members get the newsletter and journal copies. ..funny how the purpose of the group doesn't make the post...
All organizations producing white papers simply publish to their sites and good work goes un-noticed and a lot of newbs don't know how to write a publishable paper...
SSE, EASE, and many other journals offer instructions, standards, guidelines, etc...
Fact is that most of the PhDs in the field have known this was necessary for years and the idea arose from discussion w Massimo Teodorani, Dr Haines and others years ago...
We are building a core team at present of people that want to see a higher standard in UAP studies.
I hope to be able to bridge the language barrier between witnesses who have no idea of the language needed to capture the attention of the right people but only with particular incidents that may have some merit in furthering the understanding of this type of Phenomena.
In saying that, I will also be continuing with my own abduction phenomena research and supporting those who are in need.

I have been doing the above for years. Bridging gaps, bringing people up by their bootstraps, listening to them rather than babbling at them and kicking trolls back under their bridges. Whats going on now is everything I've just been through but at least i was outing a rip off artist and abuser. I have a lot of data I wanted to share but only to the right kind of brain, not celebrity status or needy blogger no brains. A lot of it swings back to the events on the Gorman Ranch. Fortunately I ended up talking to one of the researchers anyway through other efforts and avenues, stealth ufology works because it's stealth and I am healthy in the stealthy department and because of that, there is already a valuable data share in progress. I have had other desert residents come forward too with tales of their own high strange on the range.

I didn't need to be a part of it anyway and he thought he was doing me a favour by asking me on board, then the same behaviour I have just escaped ensues. I cannot be a part of that. there was no need for this to escalate to the level it has, it deeply disgusts me.

So after reading Isaacs comment about the $75 charge do any of you think he should be castigated for it? I don't. I actually shared his post and i was a part of the team then. Well.. so they said. I didn't get a core team invite until i "quit"... if you can quit nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infomaniachousewife

So after reading Isaacs comment about the $75 charge do any of you think he should be castigated for it? I don't.

No , unsurprisingly I agree and it may point to the real motive behind Ted Roe's reaction.
Ufology doesn't need a paid membership based organisation to progress , perhaps Roe does.

I don't think the International Association of U.A.P. Researchers is aimed at researchers but more the people inclined to join Greer's CE5 initiative.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Seems the cash with some totally false justification is what Mr Roe wanted, self praise is no praise, describing themselves as "qualified and fit to approve" is nonsense, those of us who would read such material would judge if you are qualified, not yourselves..

Just a tat money making scheme, as for the vetting, I wonder how much of that is taken care of by the 75 dollars and boot licking of Mr Roe.

More elitist nonsense......The UFO community does not need this, sounds like a 2nd rate Greer wannabe setup...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I've been thinking about this a day now, maybe it's a silly thought but I had to say it.

In terms of ufology you have been exemplary, never jumping to conclusions and evidently only ever dealt with facts, I always considered you an archiver of information and nothing more. A very sound member of ufology if you will.

So if you were outed could it be so bad?

Obviously I feel I'm overstepping the mark here but at the same time in this world we live in, you are being blackmailed for association of a topic. A topic that carries it's own social stigma.

But so did sexuality in the UK 20 years ago, heck 5 years ago and still counting. Of course, this is a very personal issue for you and I reckon such decisions are falling on a wiser head but at the same time I'd say from this end you are straight. No reason whatsoever other than prejudice could say you are not of sound integrity.

You can fight this and win.

The stigma itself is condemning though, I understand. You could be made a social pariah or be a beacon of social justice and like most people I doubt you want to be either, what you have done for the UFO community in itself is great. You've made information accessible to idiots like me. If anything you've been a service to humanity regardless of stigma associated with your hobbies or any part of your life.

Best wishes. Just had to say you can fight and win if you choose, apologies for the forwardness your honour

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Isaac Koi is one of ours, one of us. If he wants to go to war with one of us, he better be prepared to go toe to toe with every single one of us.

I would like to second this bit from TrueBrit.

I have sincerely and unconditionally appreciated your work on these boards from the first time I dug into one of your threads. I'm truly sorry you have been bullied into such an unenviable position and hope you can take some comfort in knowing ATS 'has your back'! Whatever can be done to mitigate or eliminate the possibility your work will cease, do not hesitate to lean on this community to help...you probably do not know the true value your work is worth, nor the ability of strength in numbers to come together to preserve a real treasure your work is/has been here at ATS (and elsewhere).

Don't give up, don't ever give up!

Many blessings and keep up the 'good fight'.

Cheers,

Beefnomeat
edit on 3-12-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TAWonATS

Actually im sure the ATS mods and owners can work out a New one with his post count carried over.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

edit on 12/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

Just a tat money making scheme, as for the vetting, I wonder how much of that is taken care of by the 75 dollars and boot licking of Mr Roe.

More elitist nonsense......The UFO community does not need this, sounds like a 2nd rate Greer wannabe setup...

LOL yup.

Honestly Ufology IS embarrassing not because of interest in little green men, but because of the teenager mentality power struggles and snake oil salesmen involved in it.

Because the subject is not taken seriously by the wider scientific community it has left a very large opportunity for wanna-bes to step in and try and stake their claim.

Roes organizations are mud now.
ATS I'd rather see UFO research return to this board than people go pay 75$ to fund a UFO theme park under the guise of a peer reviewed research.

I have read and engaged Roe and TBH after hour of dialogue with him, I wanted to stick a fork in my eyes, I thought it would be easier talk down a teenage girl fighting over a pair of shoes with her hair extension wearing nemesis.

UFOLogy is retarded.

Isaac is one of the few worth reading.

Bring back UFOlogy to ATS, and stop the leakage to predators like these organizations.

edit on 3-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm a relative newcomer here, registered last spring. What is/was UFOlogy and the research you mentioned?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I suppose I meant, when I joined this board was covered in UFO research, as much as it is now full of Trump and pizzas.
Some amazing research threads and debunking was done. It wasn't simply cutting and pasting political breaking stories. Thorough research was done on cases and people discussed and departed the thread.
I miss that.
edit on 3-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just to make it clear that I quoted Ted Roe _exactly_ when I quit ufology due to statements by him (which many of you know already because you followed his posts at the time), I've added footnotes to my farewell/resignation statement which cross-references each and every single point I said in that statement to 100+ pages of exhibited screen shots (with links for anyone to verify those exhibited screen shots).

I've done this because Ted Roe has now said that he doesn't think I "have any integrity" and have lied. (He has also complained about the lack of support he is getting...).

Look, Ted Roe has won and I've left ufology - but his current nonsense is just rubbing salt into my wounds.

www.isaackoi.com...

Goodbye: I seem to have greatly annoyed Ted Roe about a month ago when I posted a brief comment on Facebook about his new IAUPR group [_FOOTNOTE 1_]. Without wanting to bother you all with the details, he has subsequently posted on various Facebook pages attacking my use of a pseudonym (referring to me as a "fictional entity" [_FOOTNOTE 2_],"it" [_FOOTNOTE 3_] and posting "Who the # is Isaac Koi and why won't he comply w the standards we do" [_FOOTNOTE 4_]). The relevant Facebook pages include his own page and the one at the link below [_FOOTNOTE 5_] (among others [_FOOTNOTE 6_]):

www.facebook.com...

In the context of these posts on various Facebook pages, Ted Roe posted about "my guys" [_FOOTNOTE 7_] being at the CNES event I attended in Paris a couple of years ago (where I had the pleasure of meeting with Jacques Vallee, Richard Haines and various others - including quite a few members of the EuroUFO email List) and there being _"pics"_ [_FOOTNOTE 8_]. Since the relevant meeting was held on the basis that everyone was entitled to preserve their anonymity if they wished, I had expected that any photos that include me would not be made public - but it looks like I may have been too trusting.

Even more worryingly to me, given my concern not to have clients know about my interest in ufology in case this adversely affects my income, he has now posted today - after various people were kind enough to support me in the relevant discussion on Facebook (including Edoardo Russo [_FOOTNOTE 9_], Curt Collins [_FOOTNOTE 10_], Rich Hoffman [_FOOTNOTE 11_], Paul Dean [_FOOTNOTE 12_] and others [_FOOTNOTE 13_]) - called those supporting me "little butt sucking followers" [_FOOTNOTE 14_] and said "just watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name" [_FOOTNOTE 15_].

It appears to be implied - although not entirely clear - that Ted intends to cause my interest in ufology to appear in search results anytime someone searches my (real) name. Given that Ted knows people that have met me (with Ted repeatedly referring to Jacques Vallee in the relevant posts), he could be in a position to do this.

I'm not willing to take this risk.

I've been prepared to share resources freely with the UFO community for over a decade without asking anything in return, simply seeking to be allowed to participate using a pseudonym to avoid risking any potential damage to my career. The above issues suggest that I cannot do this.

This means that I now probably have to cease active participation in ufology - with effect from today. I am, frankly, rather upset about this.

It's been (mostly) fun, but any potential harm to my career is more important to me.

My wife would kill me if my association with ufology damaged my career. She already had a rather jaundiced view of my bothering to spend time on these issues.

Given Ted Roe's connections, I simply don't see any alternative.

All the best,

Isaac

FOOTNOTE 1 : A screenshot of my brief comment on Facebook in October 2016 about Ted Roe's new IAUPR group is at page 133. (It, and the ensuing comments by Ted Roe, are Exhibit E at pages 132-151)

FOOTNOTE 2 : Ted Roe referred to me as a "fictional entity" in the post copied at page 89 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 3 : Ted Roe referred to me as "it" repeatedly, including in the posts copied at page 72

FOOTNOTE 4 : Ted Roe's post "Who the # is Isaac Koi and why won't he comply w the standards we do" is copied at page 43 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 5 : The relevant discussion is Exhibit B (copied at pages 80 to 95 of this PDF).

FOOTNOTE 6 : The other relevant discussions include Exhibit A (at pages 5 to 79 of this PDF)

FOOTNOTE 7 : Ted Roe's post referring to "my guys" is copied at page 60 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 8 : Ted Roe's post referring to there being "pics" is copied at page 60 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 9 : Edoardo Russo's supportive posts include material copied at pages 90-91 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 10 : Curt Collins' supportive posts include material copied at page 83

FOOTNOTE 11 : Rich Hoffman's supportive posts include material copied at pages 67-69, 71, 90 and 92 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 12 : Paul Dean's supportive posts include material copied at page 95.

FOOTNOTE 13 : Other supportive posts include Exhibit D (at pages 118 to 131) and, indeed, most of the material in the exhibits not written by Ted Roe...

FOOTNOTE 14 : Ted Roe's post referring to those supporting me as "little butt sucking followers" is copied at page 93 of this PDF. See also pages 90 and 92 of this PDF.

FOOTNOTE 15 : Ted Roe's post stating "just watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name" is copied at page 76 of this PDF.

www.isaackoi.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I am so sorry it had to come to this for you! That Ted Roe is a horrible man to have done what he did! Such a shame!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Sublimecraft

TBH I think Roe and his co-dependent Lukes are incredibly childish and this is just a UFOlogy war that erupts quite regularly in the field, Sadly for them they picked the wrong person to mess with.

Reading their posts is like reading a a high school fight over christ only knows what teenagers battle each other on.
Isaac should ignore them, but no one can tell him what to do.

I started to reply to this earlier, but it grew beyond post length.
There's a lot more to Erica Lukes' role in this.

Erica Lukes, Ted Roe and the Attack on Isaac Koi

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
......I've done this because Ted Roe has now said that he doesn't think I "have any integrity" and have lied. (He has also complained about the lack of support he is getting...).

Look, Ted Roe has won and I've left ufology - but his current nonsense is just rubbing salt into my wounds.

Has Ted Roe won? As far as I can see nobody has won. But honest ufology has lost.

Sad that it has all come to this isn't it? I'm glad I don't get involved with any of these people in the 'real' world. so once again a big personal thank you Isaac and I wish you well in the future. Wherever that may take you.

This may well be the last time we will ever communicate with each other so 'all the best' my friend.

link   
Now I’m pissed off! I APOLOGIZE FOR SOME OF THE FOLLOWING LANQUAGE

To whom it may concern...

The idea that there is something sinister or weird in anonymity is an absurd proposition.

Anonymity is inherent in this civilization.

Think about it; the people who make your food are anonymous

Who operate on your body are anonymous and make the tools to do that are anonymous

Who serve you food are anonymous and even the food you buy in the supermarket is produced and made available to you by unknown people you will never know whom they are or what their names are, in fact many are likely illegal aliens that don’t even have legal names!

Therefore, what is all this crap in UFOlogy worrying about anonymity all of a sudden?

The dam field is filled with…guess what?
ANONYMOUS F_____ aliens you #ing dopes!

So you want to wreck the career of a great resource to the UFO community over an asinine regard or concern and absurd obsession about anonymity?!

Like this organization is some scholarly judge of the UFO community all of a sudden…

People get recognized for their contribution to the community over their known input, and who the hell cares what they call themselves.

This man, Isaac, has PROVEN over the years as a reliable source as anyone in the UFO field, and in fact one of the few people who can honestly be called a UFO scholar. HE GIVES UFOLOGY RESPECT for once and you have deprived the community of this well needed resource

In addition, you are worrying about what he calls himself.

Don’t you #in idiots know half the books WRITTEN ARE BY PEN NAMES, ghostwriters, and editors, NOT THE NAME ON THE GODDAM BOOK!

YOU OWE THE UFO COMMUNITY AN APOLOGY AND ABOVE THAT AN APOLOGY TO ISAAC

AND ONE MORE THING

WE ARE ALL ISAAC KOI!

link   

I see if I wanted to write a check in support of narcap, I should write it out in care of ted roe, huh?

How can I make a monetary contribution to help NARCAP in its work?

or you can make a check out to: NARCAP/Ted Roe

It's a not for profit organization...So why does ted's name have to be the account holder, can't it just be written out to narcap?

I am under the impression you did this ufology stuff because you had extra time in your life that you devoted this hobby to?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Because they want to be given credit, they want pats on the back...Jolly good show chap kind of stuff they need...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join