It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
I just have to say, those are some of the pettiest words I have ever seen, and full of crass language no less. Pseudonym IsaacKoi (you mean he's not really a goldfish?) has made a lot of wonderful threads here and has personally proven false a number of videos that I was intrigued by...

I agree with TrueBrit - in the words of Gimli, "you have my axe!"

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This was a sad birthday present for me today as i always read IK .
There is a lot more i would like to say but i feel other members have said what is right.
Bye bye for now Isaackoi.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

This is the topic that brought me to ATS and even though I don't participate much in threads now, I've always followed and greatly appreciated you and what you have shared with us.

I'm deeply saddened to see this happen to you and please know you have my respect.

So sorry to see something like this happen. You are appreciated by many of us.

Bravo for what you have shared with all of us

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm mainly on ATS because of hearing about the UFO stuff from some other site (too long ago now, not sure which one).

UFO and Space is my normal fix - I may respond to other areas, but these are the ones that got me here.

While we have Phage and others to de-bunk, Isaac has always been a guy who will just present information, and let us come to our own conclusions.

I understand not wanting to be 'outed' (lose the wig
) so I'm with you there.

If there is anything the members here can do to help, please let us know -- because I'm sure we will.

Thanks again for your support Isaac. (yeah, I know it isn't your real name)

TD

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just heard about this a few minutes ago. IssacKoi had been an AWESOME contributor of Ufological lore over the years and it would be a ***** to see him go. Here's to getting all this worked out and Issac being able to continue to "Fight the good fight".

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
ISSAC KOI DONT DO IT!!!!

Issac has been the single investigative force into intelligent UFO/UAP study in the past (5?) years. At the very least.

Issac don't listen to this knuckle head. Keep doing what you are doing!

Thank you for your service!

Stats just at ATS:

basic stats
joined on: Apr, 01 2006

applause received: 348

member posts: 4,068

member threads: 343

member flags: 6,793

member stars: 4,527,609

ave. flags per thread: 19.8

ave. stars per post: 1112.98

ave. threads per day: 0.09

ave. posts per day: 1.04

WATS score: 26503

member karma: 16712

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It would probably be impossible to list all of the great contributions Isaac has made over the years as he has quietly collected, curated and shared thousands of hard to find documents and publications.

I have been proud to work with him on several projects and he is amazing.

But while I can't list all of Isaac's contributions, I can list all of the valuable work done by Roe's NARCAP.

I'll put it all just below...

edit on 2-12-2016 by lancemoody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It is too bad to see Isaac Koi leaving. This other guy doesn't seem to be a redeeming character. Isaac Koi has a right to privacy.
edit on 03amSat, 03 Dec 2016 00:27:35 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I´ve always had a deep respect for your detailed and worked out threads. Don´t let someone else ruin that for yourself

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Its better to not publicly threaten anyone I agree.

I hate it when people bully others. its one of those things that makes me want to black out and let my subconscious deal with the problem ya know?

Anyway Isaac keep doing your thing but before you do send him a letter stating your lawyer will sue him into the dirt if he does.
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: better to not threaten so i removed it.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Koi V Roe....Something very fishy going on here..Maybe even a Red Herring at play..?
edit on 3-12-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Isaac Koi is leaving UFOlogy because Ted Roe demands he expose his identity and no longer be anonymous

Bang out of order and extremely sad news - Isaac has got my (and it looks like everyone else's) full support on this one.

originally posted by: lancemoody
It would probably be impossible to list all of the great contributions Isaac has made over the years as he has quietly collected, curated and shared thousands of hard to find documents and publications.

Couldn't agree more with you there -he's probably forgot more about UFO research than most people will ever know and his contribution to the field over the years has been, in a word, outstanding.

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Who the hell is this Ted Roe guy?

ATS member Ted Roe:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Isaac has been among the most rigorous, analytical, dare I say professional - such that the term applies to UFOlogy - contributors to ATS and general UFOlogy almost since I've been on the site. His archival and other efforts are invaluable. Moreover, when most of us have been burnt out and resigned to lack of non-speculative progress in the field, he just plows straight ahead. He does the work. And he just seems like a great guy.

If this is true, it is absolutely unacceptable. I don't care what he said or did, it is unthinkable that someone would allude to doxing a fellow researcher, harming their livelihood, and possibly their family. It is unethical, it is horrendous, and if true, Mr. Roe - who has also made enormous contributions, let it be said - should be ashamed, and work to immediately remedy this ASAP in my opinion. For the sake of his own credibility and that of UFOlogy in general. There's already been enough political in-fighting in this field over the years. It always does nothing but harm the work.

If, by some change, it isn't true or there's misunderstanding or miscommunication in play - then I likewise hope they can straighten it out. It would be a huge shame to see Isaac leave UFOlogy... or even just this site. If he sees this... if you do leave... you will be missed.

Peace.
edit on 12/3/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Isaac Koi is leaving UFOlogy because Ted Roe demands he expose his identity and no longer be anonymous. Who the hell does this guy think he is?
I don't think so Ted. If Isaac does not wish to reveal his identity he doesn't. period.

Bullying in ufology.
What a pathetic display from Roe.
How do we stop this from happening?

I must admit the two names are not all that familiar to me - I discover new areas of the subject where I'm completely blank, all the time.

When Roe goes on like this, it's either some deep-rooted insecurity, or some sort of agenda.

If there's an agenda, it sounds like "Koi's onto something". Something that some people does not want to surface and get known.

I've felt for quite some time now, that the UFO phenomenon is something different and far more sinister than it's cracked up to be.

This kind of behavior from Roe does not change my view.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Uberdoubter because: Typo.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Isaac, are you sure the loss of anonymity would really effect income ?

Obviously only you really know if that would actually be the case but being also known for research in the field didn't hurt Jacques Vallees career.

Your work would be really missed, if you were to "retire" and reappear with another pseudonym unfortunately I fear that the unique input you provide would be instantly recognisable. Hope you find some way of continuing to contribute to the human races knowledge bank.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Hi Isaac,

I've been over the relevant facebook pages (Isaac Koi, Ted Roe, UFO-Pragmatism, Chris Rutkowski, Gilles Fernandez) and also searched the internet for combinations of these items, and although somebody is indeed being a little tiresome over the anonymity issue, I can’t actually find anybody threatening you with revealing your identity.

Maybe I missed it, and somebody here can provide the link?

It is true that somebody else implying that your identity would be revealed didn’t help the matter. But it does seem the whole issue got a bit out of hand. And I do think you can sleep safe and sound, and continue to publish your research without risking to get outed.

I do understand your concern however. I think the best is to let the storm (in the teacup) calm down for the moment.

Should you stick with your decision, I do want to thank you for a lot of interesting threads and information you posted elsewhere on the web. It’s invaluable to say the least.

Kind regards, Agnost

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've roamed this forum for too many years to count and people have come and gone but Isaac has been one of the most nail on the head guys I have ever read on here and I can fully understand why a person in his occupation would not want the ridicule that could / would happen which would have a definite effect on his income. Sadly there still is this blanket of shame thrown at anyone who dares talk in a positive way about ufology, yet other beliefs are paraded with pride with less actual proof than us who follow ufology.

What is more appalling is its someone in the same field attacking Isaac based on simply petty grounds and stupid ignorance. I've never seen such a cowardly act in the UFO community by a fellow member on another, the man has no shame and to threaten revealing Isaacs name to deliberately attacking his credibility in his chosen work field just says reams about this low life, he has no morals.

So to isaac, I thank him for all of his work, its been just superb, to his wife, I wish you could understand the assistance Isaac has been here, it may seem 'silly' to yourself but he's been doing a very important job that one day may be remembered as incredibly important, there's more to life than credibility but I understand your concerns.

To Mr Roe, what a sad excuse for a human you are..Attacking a man doing so much more in the field than you yet instead of supporting him you stick a knife in, a true Judas....

A sad sad day on here, I hope one day Isaac can return..

Paul....

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ahh...no big deal.

What are we talking about here...really? The putting to bed of one, single Pseudonym 'Isaac Koi', not the person behind that identity.

ALL that is required, is the waving goodbye of a familiar and comfortable identity, and the creation of an alternative...enter...whoever you want to be Isaac, literally.

Create a new one and get back to business, but this time...don't reveal who you really are to arsewipes.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was asked to be a part of IAUAPR and initially agreed. Ted had been very supportive during the year long attacks I went through until recently after outing Larry Warren as a total fraud.

Imagine my horror when i saw Ted calling Isaac out over a very reasonable question. Isaac did not go on the attack. It is quite ironic really seeing as Ted was quite emphatic about the reputation of the group I will now only ever refer to as UAPKIP. For nigh on 12 months i had constantly refuted crass and debase comments about myself, my life, my family, my research. A total of thirty individuals joined in. The fighting had to stop. as it happened, it stopped due to other developments in the warren saga.

The first thing i saw happen under the name of UAPKIP was Ted attacking Isaac in the most ridiculous manner. But the hypocrisy was the blinder for me. Not only was he attacking someone, it was a British ufologist AGAIN. This false facebook ufology has created avenues for people on the other side of the world to wreck productive ufologists in this country. British ufology is a joke on the face of things but underneath there is another layer and it functions because it isn't shouting yayayayayaa look at meeee!!! Stealth/Grassroots ufology functions because it stays anonymous.

I started talking to Isaac 12 years ago on forums where no one used their names. We were all fine with that. I have always known it isn't his real name and i have never once given the slightest # about that. His actions speak louder than his name and isn't that what we want? Decent contributions? You don't have to like a person, know their name or nationality to look at the data they produce and appreciate it if it is good, if it has value.

So for anyone.. i don't care who, to THREATEN to reveal a persons identity for NO good reason is a troll. There are as many reasons not to divulge identity as their are people deciding to stay anonymous. We all know them, we all know casualties and we all know the potential losses. So what Ted seems to "Feel Good" about is having the power to destroy someone for not telling the world his name. He feels good to have chased off a valuable member of what there is of British ufology, he thinks he has the right to hold a persons life to ransom and to have them walk away from US... Not him. Ted isn't losing anything is he? WE are. Isaac is.

i considered Ted to be a valuable friend and i was grateful he wanted to pull me out of the mire and open up a new direction more attuned to the knowledge and perspectives i was desperately looking for. This isn't about me.. It's about Isaac and the viciousness of other ufologists but at the same time it IS about me, it is also about YOU. It's about ALL OF US. When ufology takes a loss, we all do. I lost my respect for Ted and I am sitting here feeling sick. Sickened is probably more accurate.

The only thing that matters is the data if thats what you want. You don't look at an amazing piece of footage and say.. Well whats the name of the camera man this is amazing! I need to know their name or its #, not good enough for ME because I'm so fracking important in my own delusional hierarchy.

Then lets look at the people who have invested themselves into UAPKIP. Is this how they want to be represented? I'm a big fat .. well not fat.. a big nobody in any of this but when I saw Ted attack Isaac about a month ago i was out. Not only was it not going to be elitist, it was going to be complementary!!! Really respectable scientists were showing an interest and they are represented by an all out unnecessary unprovoked war over a very simple and reasonable question posed by Isaac.

I haven't even read all the comments in all four posts I have been sent to look over, I didn't need to. The air turned sour in just a few lines.

I want nothing to do with any of their politics, I am standing with Isaac and hope that he sees how much support he has and comes back to us.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: infomaniachousewife

His actions speak louder than his name and isn't that what we want? Decent contributions?

It is and you have made one here , thanks for the insight.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join