It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nice to see skeptics and believers band together on this.
Finally something we agree on...and that's the upmost respect for what Issac has done here on/for ATS.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Ditto, and i'm sure anyone with a computer can join in, we have a few TB of info to share!

Go Issac, whoever you are!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's always the mediocre ones who get upset when someone is doing something that they are simply not capable of doing, nor do they have the mental capacity to do so.

I was always a silent reader of your stuff Isaac, and it's going to be a huge loss if you stopped doing your marvelous work with providing us with information, especially to us across the Atlantic ocean. Nonetheless, I absolutely understand you if you chose to stop doing your amazing work with the UFO stuff, and it would be selfish of us to ask you to proceed with your work.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

NICAP, as well as RAND were set up by T.T.Brown & associates, a lot of extra rabbit holes to follow there.
This seems like a last-ditch bailout for the PTB/corporations, find a scapegoat and nail him.

Sorry PTB, we already know the truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
SMH

So sorry for you Isaac. Your work has meant much to many and kept us from falling into the predictable stupid pitfalls of UFOlogy. It's insane that one person has gone on a crusade to stifle your research and silence you.

Best wishes and I'm hoping that this will shake out over time and you'll be back!
You introduced me to CUFO's and a mindset of critical thinking I will be forever grateful for.
Godspeed Sir!!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I agree with that, but i would also like to say there are plenty of us who will go a step further;

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I hope that this doesn't mean that Issac will no longer post here? That would be a damnded shame for everybody.
keep this alive, peeps. Share what you know, and know what you share.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
IssaccKoi is a major contributor to ATS, and as such his identity is his, and his alone to divulge. ATS T&C rules and regulations provide that right to identity protection, so in essence, this Ted Roe is violating his rights and technically threatening to defame him. Issacc could sue him.

Words can misinform the public and they can hurt people with false ... You can defame someone if you write or say something about them which ... Because defamation is usually a civil wrong, when people take court action, they are said to sue for defamation. ... In simple terms, this covers the identity of the person defamed.
Chapter 69 : Defamation of Character

I hope you will not leave ATS Issacc, but you know that we that have expanded our knowledge by your excellently researched threads here on ATS will certainly support you.

edit on 2-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
absolutely disgusting and not how a true gentleman like isaac would ever behave.
This piece of cr@p ted who? (your so NOT important) focus on the ufo topic not 'outing' other researchers identities.
jealous much? well below the belt. childish.

All the Best Isaac Koi, you have our full support. it's a sad day if this pans out.
edit on 2/12/2016 by stealthyaroura because: removed a caught up in the moment comment. should not of sunk to that level.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello Peeps

I know we all love IK, but can we not bring any joking (I hope they are joking) threats into thread?

I have read the posts in reply from Roe, so far he maintains that IK should operate from a non anonymous position, but denies ever threatening to expose the photo and name of IK. I can only say it's an allegation at this point. TBH Ufology can be the most embarrassing of interests at time like this and I can't blame IK from wanting to walk away from it.

So that's where it's at, IK I hope you just disconnect from this person, and keep on doing your work. The man has damaged his reputation and as an old ATS friend I humbly offer you the following words.
Don't get yourself too close to UFOLogists there is a pettiness in this field that defies belief. You have managed to stay away from it, but giving in to this characters alleged threat or request for your operate in IRL persona is nothing you need to stoop or reply to. It has given him far more attention than he deserves.

I hope you just keep on Isaac Koi-ing and let the blustering winds burn themselves out, rather than fan them.

Much respect and friendship.
edit on 2-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I take anonymity very seriously. I also have a great deal of respect for IK.

In my own situation I plan to reveal who I am one day but have a ton of legal issues to iron out first and I certainly won't reveal myself if it could bring any trouble to my children or other loved ones including my opponents.

I'm behind IK on this.
Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

An affirmative defense to defamation is that what was said is True and Newsworthy.

It's extremely unlikely he could win a defamation claim on face value simply for revealing identity.

Even if that revelation damaged his career, there isn't a winning claim here.

I'm on IK's side here and support him, but I'm afraid he'll need something more substantial to even begin a defamation suit if his identity is revealed.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

So, Ted Roe is more concerned with source than information provided by source?

He wants to shoot the messenger and ignore/deny the message.

I have a special name for swallowers such as this P.O.S.

Isaac will always remain my go-to source for valid, factual and extensive research vis-a-vis all things UFO. Roe should take a long walk off a short pier.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Online bullying carried out to the extreme. If I recall correctly, Isaac is a barrister, and likely knows the legal ins and outs in case his identity is exposed. But I wouldn't think being proactive is an option, that would likely erase his anonymity.

Big loss for ATS, I can never understand the spitefulness of people like this guy (who I've never heard of before) who would purposely hurt people. I just can't understand the mindset here

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

TBH I think Roe and his co-dependent Lukes are incredibly childish and this is just a UFOlogy war that erupts quite regularly in the field, Sadly for them they picked the wrong person to mess with.

Reading their posts is like reading a a high school fight over christ only knows what teenagers battle each other on.
Isaac should ignore them, but no one can tell him what to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join