It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Only One-Fourth Of Americans Actually Want Full Obamacare Repeal ... Yeah, right...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
75% of polls are a completely made up.

This poll in particular doesn't even have all the options available, I would have chosen to not only repeal ACA immediately, but to arrest every single person who voted for the bill on treason charges. It's not just about getting rid of the worst policy ever enacted in history, we can't have any lawmaker who voted for this monstrosity to be walking the streets.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Polls used to be used to reflect how a population felt on any given issue.

Now polls are used to manipulate opinions.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fool me 164 Times , Shame on You , Fool me Another 555 Times , I'm an Idiot .

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The only believable polls tend to be the ones that agree with a person's preconceived opinions. If it contradicts then it's clearly garbage. Would be a really good idea to read up on the Plan that the new HHS Secretary Price is putting forward. If you're poor or old you're screwed (but who cares about them anyway) but it's a huge win for the insurance companies and big pharma. But the best part is, those poor people can take some of the money they don't have and put it in Health Savings Accounts to cover their healthcare expenses. Genius. Pure genius.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's not just the misrepresentation and lying that bothers me, it's that they're so damn bad at it. So few of these polls come close to anything even reasonably true to basic every day perceptions.

Take this poll for example. I'm to believe according to this poll, just like the one during the election of Trump verses Hillary, that the exact opposite of what I see day to day just looking around me is true if this poll is to be believed.

It's like these pollsters never walk out their door or talk to real people. They just make up what they want, polling the people that will get the results they want, but never even take a slight peek out the door to see if, what they are selling is even slightly realistic after a casual glance in the world people are actually living in.

Eventually people start looking around and realizing how full of # these polls are, they don't even attempt to reflect observable reality in any meaningful way. Make that mistake enough times and people stop listening. Is like the boy who cried wolf. People will only listen to bull# so many times before writing you off.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
A poll reported on Huffington Post claims that "only" 26% of Americans want the ACA repealed, while another 17% want it scaled back and 49% want it fully implemented or expanded.

Now, in the interest of disclosure, I would be among those who would support a repeal but understand that you can't just blow the ship out of the water, rather you must build another ship that will work better and allow time for the passengers to transboard. But this post is not about what should be done with the ACA.

Source

I'm thinking about my immediate reaction to this headline and most any other news story that I see on-line, in the papers or on TV.

My immediate response on seeing this headline from a mainstream newsource was,
"Yeah, right. Sure..." But not because I disagree with the conclusion that is espouses.

I have no confidence in this "poll" whatsoever. The numbers mean nothing to me. As far as I am concerned, it could have been written on a manual typewriter by an army of marginally literate trolls living in caves beneath Cheyenne Mountain.

No, strike that. I'd trust marginally literate trolls more than mainstream media outlets.

This is the reaction that I have when I see anything on news websites or on the television, or any other "traditional" news sources. I am inclined to dismiss any- and everything, out of hand.

So I am wondering how many other's have this reaction to what they see and hear from the "news" now.

Poll.....hahahahahaha
yeah
I am no longer inclined to believe anything in a poll from the msm.
A "poll" from an institution that openly demonstrated its political affiliation during the last election cycle? And this poll also reflects that position? A losing position I might add. Lost the executive, lost the legislative....but we are to believe the people that gave them the loss now dont want follow through?
lolololololol

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The Huffington post"Poll"also said Hilliary had a 98% chance of beating DT in the election.So I guess we should believe them now?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

the two things that i have a problem with in obamacare, is the mandate, and it doesn't do anything to make healthcare affordable.
fix those two things and it might be a good thing.

edit on 2-12-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

The majority of polls said the same thing. She solidly won the popular vote and lost pivotal states by a fraction of a percent. So, given the inherent margins of error that are part-and-parcel of creating representative samples for polling I'd say the polls were as accurate as they can ever be expected to be.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Ohhh, yikes, no he did'ent!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well, I think we all know the accuracy of the liberal polling 'experts' now. Polls shouldn't dictate policy regardless.

They shouldn't. But that's not the problem. The problem is that they drive public perception and opinions, then those dictate - or at least enable - policy.

So ultimately, if that cycle continues, they will dictate policy, even if indirectly.

Polls used to drive perception on some level. The problem for these liberal fake news outlets is that few fall for it anymore. Especially post election.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's weird to actually be writing a reply after frequenting this site for over a decade.

With that being said, my whole "adult life" (I'm 30) I've questioned everything said by the mainstream news. I ran across this, and other alternative Internet news sites when I was barely even old enough to vote, and still learning about the world in high school. To say it has affected my worldview is an understatement. I have never been "asleep" as many call it. I literally went from caring not one iota about anything besides Friday night plans, dating, what car I wanted to drive, to learning the "alternative view" of everything before I ever had a chance to form a "mainstream" ideology.

I wonder sometimes if others my age are the same way, if it's different having never really been "asleep" and then woken to the truth... I see this as a possible cause for how "off" the mainstream news were on their polls and predictions for this election. I don't think they've taken into consideration just how many there are with an alternative view... Hence the huge attack against "fake news" now. They underestimated the power the internet had on up and coming adults in the early 2000's, quite possibly, and hopefully there's a whole slew of us who not only question what they're telling us, but have been for quite some time. Some of us our entire adult life!

Anywho, I look forward to interacting with others here. 1 post down! Then I get to formally introduce myself, I think! 😃

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I know a few people who were firmly against obamacare but after it was put into place and they discovered that they were eligible to sign up for it, they signed up for it and now they are dead set against abolishing it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Every village has its idiot.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

The only people that like Obama-care are the ones that get it for free. The ones that feel like they are owed something. I believe they call it entitled.

That is the whole reason that Trump got elected in the first place.

People can barely afford to make end meet. We cannot afford to help someone that refuses to help themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Yup, costs have gone up and people's incomes have no met the increased cost increase.

Having a deductable of $5000 for most people is absurd.

Basically means your paying the insurance companies loads of money, before they have to pay anything out. Essentially your paying into an account so much before they will pay back out. For healthy people this is a loss, as they'll never spend $5000 unless they have an accident or an emergency.

It also means that should they have an emergency, they will likely be in financial ruin, as most do not have $5000 in a savings account, let alone able to even put money in savings as the majority live hand to mouth.

You can thank Bill Clinton and NAFTA for that.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

that`s exactly right, without insurance they would be in financial ruin in case of an emergency and with obamacare they will still be in financial ruin in case of an emergency.the only difference is that with Obamacare the insurance companies get to cash in on your misfortune.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Its simply fake news.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well, I think we all know the accuracy of the liberal polling 'experts' now. Polls shouldn't dictate policy regardless.

They shouldn't. But that's not the problem. The problem is that they drive public perception and opinions, then those dictate - or at least enable - policy.

So ultimately, if that cycle continues, they will dictate policy, even if indirectly.

And this is ok if they're reporting the truth and both sides of the story. I say that because something can be true and but also part of a narrative. Narratives belong in stories. People bond to narratives. What's the story leaving out? We can be so bonded to a narrative we don't care what's left out.

This is why I don't trust democrats or republicans or even people in the center. You have to look at all sides of it. But I also understand we're fallible and even our best efforts can't prevent ignorance.
edit on 12/2/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

HP are full of s-ht along with CNN and other MSN outlets.

This is news?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join