It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you trade days of you life for money?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was pandering this when playing Xbox one online, it showed me the amount of days and hours I had accumulated playing Call of duty. Which would be 4 days 17 hours, that is now gone forever.

What else could've possibly been a more use of precious time other than me being a monkey staring at screen pressing buttons?

But, you might say basically people who work are essentially trading time for cash. I'm talking in a futuristic and more direct way. No middle man.

You just fill a form out at the bank on how many hours you would like to cash-in.

For this hypothetical I would like to place humanity in the year 3,000. Advanced cybernetics everyone is immortal, We were defeated in a galactic war. We are on the brink. Our planet is severely overpopulated due to no one dying.

So each newborn is implanted with device of removed releases a lethal virus. And/or that heart after 40 years. Once a human reaches age 30 the device would countdown from 10 years until death does its part. You can also check your timer via an App or something I guess.

edit on 2-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Mortgage/Rent
Utilities
Cable/Internet
Phone
Insurance!!!

Some (me) would say we already do.

Wouldn't trading dollars for time mean you knew when you were gonna die?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yup I would...But only part time

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I forgot what a did yesterday so yeah I would trade weeks

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What's the going rate and can I get insurance??

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

What happens when your time expires, do you just drop dead or are you hunted down?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You do trade time for money. It's called work.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Sure, we're in the future and If your time expires your the chip in artificial heart is automatically repossessed.

You can also gamble a month or 4 from your life in the national lottery

edit on 2-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes. I'd burn the candle at both ends and then stick it in the micro wrapped in tinfoil. I'd rather live fast and hard than long and regretful.

Too bad I only get the long and regretful package.

edit on 2-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Since the day you started your first job, or essentially were born you have been trading your personal currency hence forth from here on out known as TIME, for things.

We spend our time for another currency, known as "money".

We spend our time on other people, usually in a symbiotic fashion, called "friends" or "significant others".

However, you can never put currency back in to your personal bank of time, you will never have more then you do right this second, it's always being spent.

People equate money to their time more and more, and you will never get enough money for your time, even if you were paid $1,000,000 an hour, it still isn't worth your time, unless it is something you love. Even still here, I argu that ones time is priceless.

We spend our time doing things we don't like, and things we do like. Unfortunate, in this day and age, we are doing less of what we want, and more of what we don't want JUST TO LIVE, and eek out an existence, to pay all the bills and buy food.

Some of us refer to it as "modern slavery".

The Federal Reserve (central bank) is the company store. The drug dealer of the modern age, dealing the lifeblood of every person in the world, just so you can survive.

edit on C1612122842 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We definitely trade years of lives for $ right now. Salaried worker, 50 hrs a week, 2 weeks of vacation, that's 2500 hours a year or 104 days and some change.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's a fair trade.

If you don't enjoy your work, get another job.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I enjoy my job and quite thoroughly I might add. I'm working now and on ATS. Fair is a case by case basis I suppose.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't think I would trade days of my life because as far as we know we only live once and so no matter the amount of money I have it will all be useless without days to use it on!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sure I would.

originally posted by: omniEtherYou can also check your timer via an App or something I guess.

Would be truly awful software to be glitchy though, wouldn't it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Sounds like an already made movie

edit on 2-12-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Would consider the trading the end of life days for money no worries.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Something like that

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

ohhh ok. you mean this

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Already a movie about this. Think it is called TIME>