It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is ATS the last bastion of free speech on the Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I posted the following article as the topic of a new thread on another major conspiracy forum yesterday.

'Terrific guy, fantastic country': Trump heaps praise on Pakistan's leader

In the thread where the article above was posted I asked the following question (paraphrased):

If Trump thinks Pakistan is a fantastic country, what could that mean concerning his plans to make America great again?

I thought that was a humorous yet relevant observation. A moderator disagreed. I was given a warning for an "abusive post", and the entire thread mentioned above was deleted.

I'm in shock about that. Something as benign as that is par for the course at ATS. I believe when it comes to websites that I would consider being worth posting on, ATS is the last bastion of free speech on the Internet.

Reddit's handling of Pizzagate is another good example. Don't even think about seriously criticizing David Icke on his forum. Etc...etc...
edit on 1-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Is ATS the last bastion of free speech on the Internet?

I think it's just The Last Bastion.

Period.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
We get our share of deleted posts here, too. Sometimes entire multipage threads get deleted because they touch a delicate/controversial subject.

Any website that is moderated, such as a forum, will always put restrictions on free speech.

edit on 1-12-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A lot of folks are moving over to some new twitter style site called "Gab", which upon visiting clearly pronounces and advocates their support for free speech. But again, that's a twitter style format, not really a community forum which is what we have here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wouldn't go as far to say that though in some ways it comes close. Better than some other places, yes. Being not controlled in the way MSM comments are with un-moderated reports and with how shadow posted comments go, helps a lot.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Don't make me laugh.. Free speech here.? Ats is heavily censored, in fact you probably have more freedom of speech on Facebook.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Pakistan is a cesspool , people enslaved over debt , pedophiles , filthy , full of radical muslims , extremely
limited civil rights , crime , child labor .
And thats not even scratching the surface of what its
like .

As to free speach theres a few places it still exists online . Nope not gonna say where as dont want to see those sites overrun by the thought police and the unwashed masses .

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Both posts and threads get deleted on here quite often, mainly due (I guess) to violations against the T's and C's. ATS is no different.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Nope it is not, not by a long shot

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

If you can convey your message using different words, phrases. . . but import the same message/meaning, then that is not censorship.

In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This is not the only place on the net where you can tell the truth. But it is one of the only places you can do it and actually discuss the truth, rather than being drowned in propagandism and lies immediately and exclusively in response.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Free speech? Yes, as long as you don't break the T&C's.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ATS is a little bit more uptight about the speech stuff than some other sites.

But I'm not exactly complaining about it.

Hardly free speech though, imo.

I know firsthand.

new topics

top topics

join