It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a little horror story, now SCC2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Your vision comes back, slowly. Blurred shapes come back into focus. Your in your favorite chair, facing the roaring fire, the holly berries glinting droplets of blood in the light.

"The stocking filled, the tree put up, my my my you were rushing things, but it is time to deck the halls again" said the voice from behind you (or was it inside your head?).

The voice mocks you "So you needed to celebrate Christmas this minute, eh? Candles in the window en all? It's not like it snowed a single flurry, so why the hurry?"

Oh no, you realize: Santa will need to climb down the chimney! Well, he'll be roasting his nether regions soon enough. These lights sure are the brightest thing in the room though. You wonder why they keep getting brighter.

Suddenly, it dawns on you, you must be dreaming all this up. You will wake up in your bed, surly that's why this is all weird.

The voice returns "So, you must think I'm some kind of helper, angel, friend. Well, I'm part of you fruitcake! I'm here in your head".

The lack of movement and light from the tinsel on the tree is making you light-headed: For you have grown a little leaner, and have gotten colder since the accident. Sadder? yes, as well as older. Still though, you wonder why the lights continue to get brighter, obscuring everything until all you see is white.

"Detective Randy, what did you find?"

"Evening officer - Joe said that someone was complaining about a house filled with smoke. We went in there after the fire was put out, and I'm sorry to say that one of the occupants died of carbon monoxide poisoning."

"One of the occupants? Don't you mean the sole occupant?"

"No sir, someone else reported what sounded like laughter, ringing up near the rafters. There was also singing going on upstairs somewhere in the attic: A downright creepy voice singing the tune "We need a little Christmas". There it was again! I heard it just Now!

OMG!"

"Detective, Are you in the attic!? Talk to me, what's going on?"

"Yeah, I'm here...but there's, there's no-one up here! I do see some clawmarks in the wall, but all they say are "Scariest Christmas Carol". What the heck does that mean?"

"Get out of there Detective, we'll include it with the police report. Can't wait to see the news tomorrow: "Suspected arsonist dies in front of a fire" "

The detective was on his way out, but upon pausing to look back at the scene, he caught sight of some footprints that he could not place, these were made for feet too large to be his, and to his surprise, they started from the fireplace, and not (as he surmised) the front door. With a shiver and reminder from his supervisor, he turned out into the night.

And with that, everyone I bid you an early Merry Christmas, and Goodnight!
-fossilera

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera
Star and Flag great writing Foss

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Good one!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Nicely done Foss Bro! I really liked this one!
( "Suspected arsonist dies in front of a fire" )
Oh the irony of it all, eh?!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
GJ Foss !

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

When i first read your story a few days ago, it made me think of evil Santa. Is that who is in the attic?

I loved it.

top topics

join