It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Veteran's home vandalized, torched

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
A Navy veteran's home was vandalized and torched. According to the article these folks were quiet Trump supporters(except for online). They had fallen on hard times with their home in foreclosure and no insurance to cover the losses inside the home.

Fox 13 - Plant City Florida

Along with heavy damage, anti-Trump graffiti was sprayed on the house, inside and out. The family who lives there was spending the night with relatives, but Navy veteran Matthew Smith says his home was targeted because he is a Donald Trump supporter.

Real classy.

If his family had been in there they could have been killed or injured. According to the article this isn't the first incident in the area of homes being vandalized and torched by anti-Trump people.
edit on 1 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Wow. Savages. This will not end well.

These kids are angry!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Thats just a horrible situation for anyone to go through regardless of political views. I mean come on people get a grip. I still have my trump sign out and i can tell you if someone tried anything like that to my home, especially with my daughter home, they would be getting close and personal with my 45.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Zerodoublehero because: Type-o

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

I feel the same way.

Except I'm still fresh out of the army and I still have that "switch" if you know what I mean.

I'm extremely protective of my family.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Awe, these SJW gang banger hippies are so peaceful and good.....

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

I feel the same way.

Except I'm still fresh out of the army and I still have that "switch" if you know what I mean.

I'm extremely protective of my family.

I understand, id have to assume it would be even more upsetting coming home after fighting for your country to this.

To me this isnt a Trump or hillary thing. Its about how disrespectful and frankly #ty people have become.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That's so awful. And no insurance. I hope he has some idea who did it and they get the lowlifes. It would be great if the community would come together and help him and his family.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Very alarming that it's coming down to this. I have veteran family, plus some in FL and sadly if the people as the article claims were targeted likely due to online activity it can happen to any of them-even mistakenly if non supporters.

With knowing how people are with misjudging and intently judging what they believe with what someone aligns with, they could very well be mistaken as targets for this reprehensible behavior. And, of course, it can happen offline as well in a similar fashion.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
South Park season 20 will never run out of material at this rate.
Savages.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Let me guess, it's Trump's fault and they were just exercising their right to protest.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Let me guess, it's Trump's fault and they were just exercising their right to protest.

Indeed. Just like when "protesters " beat up Trump rally goers the narrative was that Trumps "violent rhetoric" caused it and we shouldn't blame the savages...ahem...I mean patriotic Americans for it.
edit on 1 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I read from another article that his sister has set up a fund me account and folks are contributing.

It so sad and shocking to me, may have been photos in the other article, the vandals torched his daughter's bed as well as a crib (as if targeted specifically) and ransacked the house including throwing papers about, etc. before burning.

Free speech exists (I suppose) but with heavy consequences sometimes, unfortunately.

So glad no one was home.

I just realized that I'd entered the 'mud pit'. Ignore me, please, it's not difficult (I was never here).

edit on 1-12-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That makes whoever did it just as deplorable as any of the Trump supporters that do similar. Stupid knows no allegiance.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That makes whoever did it just as deplorable as any of the Trump supporters that do similar.

Got a link to similar?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Damn, that's less than 10 minutes from me and I hadn't even heard about it until now. What the hell is wrong with people?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Damn, that's less than 10 minutes from me and I hadn't even heard about it until now. What the hell is wrong with people?

Overly invested in their political religion.

God knows I wouldn't be putting families at risk over a Hillary victory.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
They waited until he left

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

Of course they did. That's what cowards do.

a reply to: Kali74

Care to post some sources for Trump supporters burning Clinton supporters out of house and home? Must have missed that somehow...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

my skeptecism and terminal cynicism - makes me ask :

did this really happen as claimed ?

the revalation that the property is " in foreclosure " makes me wonder as to motive - who has the most to gain

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well with no insurance for their belongings doesn't seem like they're going to benefit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join