It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Upset the Mods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess I have upset some of the moderators on this site. For this I apologize. I suspect I know the thread where it happened, and yes, I did get angry.

Perhaps I lost my cool, not often for me, but this particular poster did get under my skin. I'm not going to belabor the point beyond this.

I know that in many respects I do have an opinion, and I am not shy about these opinions. I joined here because I believe that debate is the foundation of this site. I am not a firebrand, but equally I am not a wet towel either.

I believe in contribution and value. I believe in debate, difficult as it may be sometimes. If I do not bring these things then I will back down (off even).

I do not know what goes on behind the scenes on ATS, I suspect there is much discussion. I can only hope there is balance, and that forward opinions are welcome and not relegated to simply "allowed", but not really welcomed.

Within the T&C's, I remain...respectfully yours.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Within the T&C's, I remain...respectfully yours.

Isn't this thread discussing mod actions, which is completely forbidden by the t and c?

What a renegade man, I guess some people just want to see the world burn

edit on 1-12-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Its all good Flyingclay. Dont change!

This isnt a place to change the way you speak...just help you keep it civil, on topic and pertinent so everyone can learn something, and maybe even change their own opinions of things.

There is a standard, a decorum expected...and even then...within reason? You can blow your steam out here. I dont think you CAN tick off the mods...although I did really tick off S.O. once and he shut down a thread we all were arguing on....

But, if you change? We change. And no one...not even the mods or S.O....wants that. We're good. The mods are good.

Those who come here from other sites and think we are a free for all say what you want how you want in the language you want forum? Well....we arent.

Best to you FCD.....Mysterioustranger

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

There is no discussion of moderator actions at all, merely a statement of observation.

I believe this remains well within the T&C's. I have no misgivings actually, none at all.

There is no particular event to which I refer. I only worried that there was one post, which wasn't even "moderated" which I feel may have left a bad taste. It was an unusual exchange, one I would care not to repeat.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm just poking some fun, the
should be indication.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I pissed them off, a member got under my skin. 1000 star penalty, personally I'm not here for stars and other rewards. Just mainly for entertainment, but I've grown to like your posts Clay!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Everyone makes mistakes. Remember this is an open forum and there is bound to be friction. I have made many mistakes learning the ins and outs of the site.

I'm sure if you did indeed make a mistake that was considered really bad, there would have been something to motivate you to stay within the rules.

Keep thing interesting, I love the different approaches everyone brings to the table and I hope you continue to do what you do.

edit on 1-12-2016 by seasonal because: spacing

new topics

top topics

join