It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump kicks off Thank You Tour in Cincinatti Livestream

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Americas propensity to spend money is great.
Americas ability to make money is also great.

Given those two options, why would those in power wish to change a thing?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm watching DONALD TRUMP and SHAUN HANNITY talk to each other right now. It's amazing how down-to-earth, committed, and confident he remains... Most President-elects start sticking their nose in the air and acting like they're more important all of a sudden. Gosh how I love the personality of Donald Trump. (He's still bashing the media too...LUV IT!!)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SaturnFX

Americas propensity to spend money is great.
Americas ability to make money is also great.

Given those two options, why would those in power wish to change a thing?

No one said anything about changing anything. He maybe disagrees that is what makes a Country great.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

You would be hard pressed to get most Americans to agree on exactly what makes or had made America great. See proof in the past four pages.

Say Nike for example. "Just Do It"

Ok, do what exactly? When? Why? How?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Chuck Norris decided not to run for President. Of the World.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You would be hard pressed to get most Americans to agree on exactly what makes or had made America great.

Seems like the perfect slogan then. Vaguely applies to everyone, actually means nothing.

Not worth rehashing, I maybe could have phrased my 'idiots' comment better, but it applies here somewhere.

Patriotism is what drives Trumpers more than Trump, it makes it difficult to address how bad Trump is without crossing 'America'. I'm not against patriotism, but as a sole platform it makes democracy look weak. "Making America Great Again" sounds like a project any southern cowboy would take up, even WITH the surprise America is no longer 'great'. The wool was pulled over eyes pretty heavy with that phrase. It rallied people into acting and was effective, but the spirit of the message is false. America already is great.

Furthermore, the trend of spreading the slogan to other events I only see as degrading to America. Make Christmas Great Again is offensive on even more levels than that. MAGA implies America sucks. Or has gone a bad direction. That's a pretty honest interpretation. Same applies to anything you would 'make great again'. The truth is most of the directions America has taken has been positive. Freedom, Constitution, Civil Rights, Government(As opposed to "Kings").

If the epitome of this slogan is if you're a 'glass half full/empty' person, it's only invoked division and conflict of people.
edit on 1-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I would concede that in some cases, patriotism certainly traveled into jingoism territory. I think the burning of the American flag fallout shows the extremes on both sides.

Let's look at HRC's slogan. Stronger Together. All your arguments against the Trump slogan apply aptly to hers as well. Would you agree? That's the power of a slogan. It's a marketing trick. Rally as man as you can under your banner.

The spreading of the slogan as big of an issue as it seems to be to you, does not have the same effect on me. It's gloating. "Read My Lips" ring any bells.

The slogan is exactly how you see it. Many others do not see it through the same lens. From my perspective of high costs, high taxes, stagnant wages etc. MAGA to me could mean a time where we get back to mom and pop shops. Increased wages, maybe even to the point where we won't need two income households. Less government. Positive economic outlook.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's so refreshing to have a POTUS that speaks his thoughts, instead of through a PC filter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join