It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do about this brutality against our sisters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It's a downset song background. A song that reminds me a night that I will never forget. I was leaving a bar about 3h00 am, a bar called the monkey, not really far from home so I usually walk to get to my house. I was at only 10 minutes from home when I heard someone crying, I stopped walking and listened carefully to discovered that It was a girl that were crying ... I ran from where I was to where the screams were coming from. I just past a corner to see two mans harrassing a woman, yelling her disgusting things and beating her. So I yell to them in french ( I'm French Canadian ) "What the f&*k do you think you're doing ?" When they saw me, they both whispered something inaudible and shout at me :"It's not you're f*#%ing business! get out of here if you don't want to get your @$$ kicked !" so because I was drunk ( drunk people are sometimes so much couragous or they are crazy ? anyway ) and because that treating womens like that is inconcevable, I walked in their way and yell at them in french again :" What if I want to get my ass kicked ?". When I got really near, the two guys laught at me and tried to get away with the girl telling me that this sl*& was deserving it or somethings like that so I said "forget it !" and I taked the girl's arm to retain her. They abandoned the girl to me, telling me that I was a fag or something like that ( they were latino so their french was not so good ). We waited there, saying nothing and looking them getting away. When they were out of sight, I tried to get an explanation about the situation and the ID of the two guys... But she told me nothing because they we're all illegal immigrants and if the she talked to the police they would likely contact the immigration. She thanked me and I follwed her to the bus stop, waiting with her there. I never saw them after that, but when I take a look at my 2 years old niece , I'm remembering how sick the world is, and that perhaps one day she will get in such trouble.

And if it happens, I'll find the guy(s) who hurted her and I will kill them extremly slowly, with no remorse nor compassion...

That song will always reminds me that night. I would like to hear people opinions about this, and if someone has already lived an similar experience I would like to hear about it.

Ps: sorry If my english is crappy

Rape... physical rape. The raping of women is the physical manifestation of a society that continually propogates women as being nothing more than sexual objects and sexual commodities. Out of all our songs, this statement is one the most valued to me (Rey). I do think that most people do not really understand the immense size of this problem, it affects 1 out of every 3 women and 2,000 rapes a day is a burden that sets in my deepest of self It's everywhere I go... TV, sexist music, billboards, etc... this illicit sexual propaganda is everywhere and it's shoved down my throat. I wish I could eject it but it's still in the air and worse than that, the majority of people in this age just don't give a #!

We are exposed to a continual false definition of womanhood. Is the shock value traits Madonna and Sharon Stone,etc the sure and true definition of modern day females? I think not. I myself have talked to many women who are mostly under the age of 25 and most of them are hurt and sickened at the treatment they get from the male poulus. Also their cry silent opposition to many actresses and performers of all kind because they feel that most males get their definition of womanhood through the eyes of the high sexual media imagery and through the sexually blated modern day definition of this brutal popular culture.

There is more to a woman than her breast, legs, eyes, face, hair, skin, etc... What have we done? In the name of all that is right! What have we done to our sisters? In the name of our corporate economy which parasites and targets our animal nature and sexuality. In the name of our modern day entertainment we have reduced women's modern day purpose to be nothing more than sexual. In my opinion, bulimia, anorexia, insecurity, obsessive body consciounsness, self-hatred, feeling of weakness and low self esteem are all results of our plastic narrowed definition. A magazine movie womanhood.

I must say that I am a male. A heterosexual male who has a deep feeling and hurt about rape and it's victims. I have never been sexually assaulted so I can understand only a fragment of this. What the # are we going to do about this brutality against our sisters? I feel so #ing angry! I swear I feel so hurt! What more can I say to have you reconsider your gluttonous sexual demands and attitudes. I do not feel like I have said enough in this explanation to have you fully grasp a woman's feelings as a rape victim but I can tell you that I believe that if we do not reconstruct our society's treatment of womanhood and try to stop and at least be objective to the exploiting propaganda we are exposed to everyday, that the savage and brutal rapes and treatment of women is an unnavoidable occurrence in our modern times.

Is it really #ing worth it? NO! # no! If you are a victim of rape it is not your fault and you are not to blame! I have faith in my sisters! You can overcome this theivery.. is this a sexual exploitation? I think it's a fair question. My feelings are with you my sisters.

Rey downset. 1994

join