It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Shove the happy holiday...... Christmas is back.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Nyiah

Nobody thinks they 'own' December, that's ludicrous. And as for the big fat whining babies who complain about it, they can take a flying leap. How stupid do you have to be, how much of a snowflake do you have to be to object to "Merry Christmas".
Pffft. Such utter BS.

Years ago I rethought this, thinking I didn't want to offend anybody, so I started saying "Happy Holidays". No more.
If people are so fragile two little words burn them like Holy Water on a demon, than too bad, is all I can tell you.

Too freaking bad.

I don't care if it offends crybabies, I personally like Happy Holidays a lot more. And it drives the snowflakes absolutely nuts. That right there is reason enough to make a habit of saying it

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Okay, after reading more of this thread, I've decided Christians DO own December. We own it. Get out of our December, and get off our decorated lawns.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal. And A Happy New Year.

edit on 1-12-2016 by grayghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Actually...'HAPPY Holidays' is offensive to people suffering from Seasonal Depression.

Well, they can just stay home.

No one interferes with my Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: Abysha

I have yet to see somebody be offended by "Merry Christmas". But I have sure seen a lot of offended expressions on snowflake Christian faces when I say "Happy Holidays".

I say happy holidays because I have no idea which one the person I'm talking to celebrates. Self-entitled Christians, I tell ya...

Hi there Abysha,

I'm a Christian (new to it) but would definitely appreciate your "Happy Holidays!"

I think any kind gesture is a good thing.

I haven't seen anyone offended by Merry Christmas, either, though. So I guess either it's blown way out of proportion or I have lived in a very happy little bubble..?

Hey Zosimov

Oh NO, now dont be silly, you are offended, from now on you must be offended by the innocuous term "Happy Holidays", its satanic, straight from the pits of hell to draw your soul into the abyss.

Saying Merry Christmas is like praying, if you say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas an angel dies, or loses it wings or sneezes or something terrible, maybe the angel yawns or something

The unforgivable sin in the bible, accepting the greeting "Happy Holidays" from a pagan or similar, its them preaching there blasphemy at you

Christians should beat there phones into swords and fight the "Happy Holidays" to the last man woman and child

Enough of offended snowflake expressions from Christians, time for blood on the streets

Anyway "Happy Hollidays" or whatever suits you
I appreciate any greeting as you do Zos and am happy to celebrate the Pagan festival of winter solstice with them.
Thanks for letting us christians join in , love the winter solstice, its summer where I am

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Its Christmas and its Fecking merry for fecks sake!!!!

You sound so merry, it's almost overwhelming.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Actually...'HAPPY Holidays' is offensive to people suffering from Seasonal Depression.

Not even the ultra-lame people who want to nitpick winter season well-wishes,amirite?

A word of advice for both the pro & anti-Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays crowd. Say what you will (and what counts is that you mean it) and then just move the bleep on. What an absolutely retarded argument this is. Utter the seasonal saying you like/are comfortable with uttering. Don't worry about pleasing the crybabies of the world who want an greeting echo chamber.
edit on 12/1/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I don't care if it offends crybabies, I personally like Happy Holidays a lot more. And it drives the snowflakes absolutely nuts. That right there is reason enough to make a habit of saying it

But
But
But
I thought it was the snowflakes who started the Happy Holidays thing
I thought it drove the snowflakes barmy saying Merry Christmas

Who are the real snowflakes? Us or them? Its very confusing
Why can we just enjoy a few days off and each others differences without acting like a bunch of childish children Always complaining that others say something different do something different and starting fights over nothing really.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

But then I won't have anything to bitch about on social media.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

But
But
But

Why can we just enjoy a few days off and each others differences without acting like a bunch of childish children Always complaining that others say something different do something different and starting fights over nothing really.

Ignore them and have a happy holiday/christmas/whatever season anyway, with booze if it suits you

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

But then I won't have anything to bitch about on social media.

Oh wow, yeah, that would certainly pose an issue. Imagine social media without vapid posts.

OMG, that would be awful

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

But
But
But

What I actually think too. Nothing about anybody's holiday bugs me. It's all good.
All this is just more separation, more divisiveness; more anger, more inane bickering. We can all find a way to live without the negativity. Acceptance. Tolerance. We talk about it, but we don't seem to show it much.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Not even the ultra-lame people who want to nitpick winter season well-wishes,amirite?

A word of advice for both the pro & anti-Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays crowd. Say what you will (and what counts is that you mean it) and then just move the bleep on. What an absolutely retarded argument this is. Utter the seasonal saying you like/are comfortable with uttering. Don't worry about pleasing the crybabies of the world who want an greeting echo chamber.

Not even.

Its a great time, bright colorful lights, happy music, decorated houses, yummy food, drum circles, Solstice Festivals, etc.

I love it. I don't let anything get in my way of enjoying this holiday season.

Screw the need for presents and grouchy relatives too. Don't need them.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yeah I know, might be the end of Social Media if one can't #post.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Im also non religious but have no issue with Merry Christmas, The only valid non Christmas holiday around December is Hanukkah. The rest are non events or Christmas based.

I dont say things to potentially offend someone all the time
"Hi lady, my those jeans make you look fat"
"Hello Sir, your wife looks like a skank"

If you can seriously compare the rudeness and insensitivity of the above statements with "Merry Christmas" then the media has done a better job of demonising Christmas than I could ever have imagined.

Just because you have the right to be a incensetive a-hole doesn't mean you should be

So does a Jewish person wishing you a happy Hanukkah or a Muslim wishing you a happy Eid mean they are being insensitive a-holes or does it only apply to Christmas?
How is it insensitive to wish someone well?

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Silly imaginary "war".

It's not silly. The struggle is real, yo.

Holy Crush o rama, Batman! It's Betty Bowers! God, I love her.

I was never offended by "Merry Christmas," but I prefer Yule. It came first and it's more fun, as long as you leave the deities out of it. They're just too much trouble. It's why the Klingons killed their gods.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I guess we could simply say "Merry axial tilt" and annoy every religion all at once

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Not even.

Its a great time, bright colorful lights, happy music, decorated houses, yummy food, drum circles, Solstice Festivals, etc.

I love it. I don't let anything get in my way of enjoying this holiday season.

Screw the need for presents and grouchy relatives too. Don't need them.

Love your Holiday Spirit, Annie!
I'm with you on dumping the grouchy relatives...but let's keep the 'presents'; I like presents.
edit on 1-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I guess we could simply say "Merry axial tilt" and annoy every religion all at once

That should have been in "1984". lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

You win the interwebs for originality here, rotfl.

Unfortunately, the punchline would fall flat and millions of highly confused Americans would want to know why there's a holiday saying for their vehicles' axels and Axel Rose, and what they have to do with each other in winter.

Edit: And If I have to explain why Americans would totally mix up axel and axial....
edit on 12/1/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join