It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shove the happy holiday...... Christmas is back.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Annee
You do know the Amish have their own laws, some Jewish sects have their own laws - - - have they ever affected you?

Yes. I tried to get a beer with my dinner at this Amish run restaurant and they laughed at me.

Did they serve beer on the menu?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Did they serve beer on the menu?

Is that a trick question? I was hoping they would serve it in mugs.

edit on 1-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I'm on the fence as to whether Trump will make America great again but Im 99% sure hell at least make America America again.

You do understand Christ means Christians?

You do understand we are NOT a Christian nation?

Are you saying as "America America" we should be a theocracy like the Middle East - - only as Christians not Muslims?

Im saying that traditions that have been in place for hundreds of years shouldnt be changed to pander to intolerant newcomers.

I have a strong dislike for all religions but as far as Im concerned Easter and Christmas are part of my culture, couldnt care less about the religious aspect, to me its a non event.

I dont even care what its called, what I do care about is being censored or forced to use newspeak because either weve imagined all these offended people or there are people out there complaining about the word Christmas.

Either is unacceptable and should be fought against

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Im saying that traditions that have been in place for hundreds of years shouldnt be changed to pander to intolerant newcomers.

Let's go back to Pow Wows and Fire Dances then.

link   
a reply to: Annee

Nah, they're their own breed of religiosity, its just got that Christian flavoring packet.

link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

Well, it all started ages ago in celebration of the winter solstice and the annual burning of the the new Yule log atop ashes of the Yule log of the past Winters Solstice, commemerating the end of harvest time and the onset of winter. Hearths were cleaned just prior to lighting the newYule log. Those people were called "heathens". People gathered in the center of their villages for dancing, chatting, playing games around a roaring bonfire, making MERRY-ment, and blessing others with greetings like "Merry meet", "Merry part", and "Merry meet again".

Yuletide.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'm on the fence as to whether Trump will make America great again but Im 99% sure hell at least make America America again.

You do understand Christ means Christians?

You do understand we are NOT a Christian nation?

Are you saying as "America America" we should be a theocracy like the Middle East - - only as Christians not Muslims?

Traditions are traditions until they stop being traditions.
Clothes for example

Back in the day, women wore dresses and skirts, especially to work, school or church. Until about 1970 it was required for girls to wear skirts or dresses no matter how cold it got, and they had to reach to the knee. Boys were required to wear dress type pants (no blue jeans) and were not allowed to wear tennis shoes or work shoes in school. Shirts had to have a collar (button down or polo type shirts) and no T-shirts were allowed. Laws against “cross dressing” were on the books in most states or cities Men could have tattoos (but not too many), but women with tattoos were considered loose women or freaks. Any man with an earring before the mid-1970’s was usually assumed to be a homosexual. Nurses wore traditional caps readily identifying them until the late 1970’s.

I would touch on other things, but I am worried about your blood pressure (traditional marriage, spankings in school, etc).

But if it at all matters, when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas during this time of the year, I smile and wish them that right back..same if they wish a HH.
If however I feel compelled to say it first, I err on the side of happy holidays..because hell, the person may be anything but, or may be a real christian that finds the commercial corruption of the holidays to be disconcerning and hates the pretense of people pretending to care about their holy day celebrations.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Nah, they're their own breed of religiosity, its just got that Christian flavoring packet.

I was Mormon for 5 years.

They actually feel insulted when you tell them they're Christian.

But, Hey! They say Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Those pamphlets they hand out, they got like blonde-hair green-eyed Jesus.

And he's like 7 ft and roided.

Dark skin being a sin n all.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You can always tell the jackasses who live in a bubble. They don't think anything outside of Christianity exists as a holiday in December (and they don't give any nods whatsoever to the profoundly pagan roots of their own)

Kwanza, Hannukah, Bodhi Day (Buddhists) Milad un Nabi (Muslims) Gita Jayanti (Hindus) Zartusht-no-diso (Zoroastrians) and duh, a very wide variety of Native and general Pagan celebrations.

Christians do not own December, you do not dictate what I say for a holiday greeting. Stuff it where the sun don't shine, and Happy Holidays ya grinches,

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nobody thinks they 'own' December, that's ludicrous. And as for the big fat whining babies who complain about it, they can take a flying leap. How stupid do you have to be, how much of a snowflake do you have to be to object to "Merry Christmas".
Pffft. Such utter BS.

Years ago I rethought this, thinking I didn't want to offend anybody, so I started saying "Happy Holidays". No more.
If people are so fragile two little words burn them like Holy Water on a demon, than too bad, is all I can tell you.

Too freaking bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Traditions are traditions until they stop being traditions. Clothes for example

I agree, something shouldnt be done just because its a tradition but your example is way off.
For it to be valid Women would still be required to wear dresses wed just be calling them open pants or something.

If however I feel compelled to say it first, I err on the side of happy holidays..because hell, the person may be anything but, or may be a real christian that finds the commercial corruption of the holidays to be disconcerning and hates the pretense of people pretending to care about their holy day celebrations.

And this is my point, you say HH 1st for fear of offending someone, can you seriously not see anything wrong with the fact you feel you may offend by giving someone a greeting?
If someone is offended by your pleasant and courteous nature feck em

Its Christmas and its Fecking merry for fecks sake!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
You can always tell the jackasses who live in a bubble. They don't think anything outside of Christianity exists as a holiday in December (and they don't give any nods whatsoever to the profoundly pagan roots of their own)

Kwanza, Hannukah, Bodhi Day (Buddhists) Milad un Nabi (Muslims) Gita Jayanti (Hindus) Zartusht-no-diso (Zoroastrians) and duh, a very wide variety of Native and general Pagan celebrations.

Christians do not own December, you do not dictate what I say for a holiday greeting. Stuff it where the sun don't shine, and Happy Holidays ya grinches,

Yep!

I just say both.

Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays!

link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Traditions are traditions until they stop being traditions. Clothes for example

I agree, something shouldnt be done just because its a tradition but your example is way off.
For it to be valid Women would still be required to wear dresses wed just be calling them open pants or something.

And this is my point, you say HH 1st for fear of offending someone, can you seriously not see anything wrong with the fact you feel you may offend by giving someone a greeting?
If someone is offended by your pleasant and courteous nature feck em

Its Christmas and its Fecking merry for fecks sake!!!!

Given I am agnostic/atheist, saying Happy Holidays is far more comfortable to me.
I say Merry Christmas to the people who seem to need that reinforcement.
If someone said Happy Hannuka to me, I would say that to them also.

I dont say things to potentially offend someone all the time
"Hi lady, my those jeans make you look fat"
"Hello Sir, your wife looks like a skank"

etc..just because its in my mind doesn't mean it should immediately come to my mouth. Now, if asked a question "Do these jeans make me look fat", I may elude to something close to my opinion..with great care..(naa, that shirt however makes your waist look too skinny by comparison though...always works)

Just because you have the right to be a incensetive a-hole doesn't mean you should be

Happy Holidays

link   
Actually...'HAPPY Holidays' is offensive to people suffering from Seasonal Depression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join