It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all weekend guitar warriors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

Ok. thanks for the FYI, but every song is in a specific key. That's a fact.
tet

i just want to blow your mind a little bit. dont think too much about this cause you will never have to delve into it. just wanted to show you

en.wikipedia.org...

Atonality in its broadest sense is music that lacks a tonal center, or key

en.wikipedia.org...

Polytonality (also polyharmony (Cole and Schwartz 2012)) is the musical use of more than one key simultaneously. Bitonality is the use of only two different keys at the same time. Polyvalence is the use of more than one harmonic function, from the same key, at the same time

trippy huh?

also tetra and i do not mean this in a negative way at all. we are discussing music so it is only positive. having said that i dont think you fully understand the concept of tuning.....i could be wrong but i read all the pages and you mentioned several times to tune to a scale.
stranger has explained and he is correct....
this is a great thread and if a site ever pops up with your idea trust me i will use it every day
edit on 2-12-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
hey tetra check this out

play.riffstation.com...

^^^^^thats awesome
edit on 2-12-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: tetra50

Understand totally. I started teaching guitar at 18 at the local rock n roll music store....so over the years, Ive taught everything...reading music, tab, open tuning, rock lead, fingerpicking...you name it....and Ive always played by ear either guitars, pianos, keys...whatever....Ive been fortunate.

I agree there is a great need for a simple to follow cross-referencing platform to guide new (and older) players through the maze. It would be nice. If you discover anything...lets us all know, ok? We'd all appreciate it!

Best....Keep pickin n grinnin.....MS

Hey thanks, MS. What I'm proposing I'm going to try to find a programmer/musician to help me develop. If I get the job done, I will certainly post the link to the program on this thread.

To you, Tiny, and everyone on this thread, a big thank you. I've learned a lot, and been reminded of what I used to know when active in choir, and, double quartets years ago, but am old and foggy these days. All of you have provided valuable information, both about music, how you see it, and what you would find useful. Thank you so much for your participation.
tetra

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Tiny: Great link, thanks so much! Not only that, but thanks for the blowing/and perhaps reawakening my mind as to things I used to know about music. I'm getting so much great info from this thread. And you are correct in that we're talking about music, so it's got to be positive. Thanks for all your input on this thread, and I hope you and others keep visiting it and sharing your excellent links and knowledge.
tetra

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

no problem
i can talk about this stuff all day

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No thank you! What your thoughts are here, would be a great and helpful tool. As a teacher back in the day, I would teach from age 7 to a man who was 70. But you just cannot get through to all.

Some just dont or can't get it. Thats cool. Its just not everyone can play or understand how to play an instrument.

Here is a youtube video of 5 under 5 year old Korean Classical acoustic children performing on guitar- classical guitars...and playing in unison. And they are better than some people at 30...its amazing...and really spooky just how good they are at 4-5 years of age.

*(watch at half-way point for the 5)
www.bing.com... VIRE

Im sure they learned in a form of rote...or just position memorizing...but their technique is amazing. 5 years old.

Best
edit on 4-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: link

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join