It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[SCC2016] The drums of Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ding dong merrily on high

"Ding dong merrily on high,
In heav'n the drums are banging:
Ding dong! Gremlins in the sky
Is riv'n with tortured screaming.
Gloria, save us anybody!

E'en so here below, below,
Let steeple bells be swungen,
And a warning give
By priest and people RUN!
Gloria, save our souls!

Pray you, dutifully prime
Your last chime, ye ringers;
May you enter into your last breath
Your evetime song, ye singers.
Gloria, bang, bang the gremlins come!"

-Jake Hinges

I've been walking down a long and dusky haunted road before and I'm walking one now.
My names Hinges. Jake Hinges and I know this road I'm walking down don't lead to nowhere good in fact this very road leads directly to the steeple fires of hell!

Whyd they called me?
Because I've dealt with this kind of monster before.
Come Christmas everybodys a feared of even walking outside in the white snow because of the unheard beatin' of the drum of Christmas and what it ultimately means.
When I hear them drum beats start to beating then my heart gets swallowed by my chest and I turning pale because I know I'm unprotected!
I know I got no covering because all the protectors that used to protect me from the tremors of Dante inferno are gone each and every single one of thems gone and gone, cept me. Jake Hinges. I am a protector!

Used once to be a time when men were protected from the blighters and the plague by thousands upon thousands of protectors and they didn't know it! Protected by protectors who preferred to remain unseen by the most part.
And the men were protected were protected but they didn't even know what they were being protected from! Little Christmas gremlins that would eat them!
Vain humanity didn't even know they were being protected! Oblivious! All of them!
Now its all gone and all of the protectors are gone, all of them just disappeared, vanished, vaporized without a trace all except me that is, and I've been trying to find out for more than twenty summers what's become of them but then I started giving into the vaporising also.

Of course nothings what it used to be since them protectors are gone.
Them unseen force of white angel protectors who used to stand wing to wing to wing keeping all manner of critters evil and nasty and who bite and eat human flesh, at bay are no longer here to keep them at bay now and what's been let into the world by the disappearing of them has devoured it all up whole! Mens come to fear the what's in the dark! Mens come to know the pain of a gremlin bite.

I of course am a protector so I too can't be seen by anybody!
I hear the drum beat which mortals can't hear and louder as Christmas approaches - that time of year when the gremlins love the most to eat people and play in the snow - I regret I'm loosing my battle with existence.
The beat of that drum which is sounding constantly in my background can't be stopped now I fear for the race of humans as I, Jake Hinges, the last of the protectors, am feeling a weakness to go through the door I can no longer fight and when I'm gone mankind will have nobody to protect them anymore, how alone they will be, and afraid and terrorfied.

I have already fought against the blackness for far too long and for too long have I been at the door of a great chasm and not gone in.

I'm going in now and I might find the others as I leave the human race unprotected to its fate of being eaten I'm sorry.

I, Jake Hinges leave these writings in the vain hope it will come to the light of day, but even now as I approach the darkness I fear it is already way, way too late!

Hark! I hear the drum! Hark! The gremlins come! Hark and now mankind you find yourself alone. Hark! When will the screaming end?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

I really enjoyed your Story star/flag

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

Thanks mate! Liked yours too, facinating!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

7th Star and Flag here! I liked this!! Nicely done!!

top topics

join