It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty Ribbons of Blue { SCC2016 }

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"New carpet, that's what you wanted, and new carpet, that's what you'll get." He was talking aloud to himself but he was also talking to her. Jodie.

She'd done him wrong . . .but she's going to get what's coming to her. Merry Christmas baby, hope you like what Santa's got for you. ( Laughing ).

Slowly he rolled the body onto the edge of the carpet. Grasping the carpet in both hands, he began to roll, until the body had completely disappeared inside. Tying both ends off with rope, he stood up and admired his "wrapping". "Not bad, not bad at all, if I do say so myself."(laughing).

She wanted him . . .now she'd have him. He still couldn't believe she had cheated on him. And especially not with this joker. He died so easily.

He set the rolled carpet inside of a mover's blanket and rolled again. "Merry Christmas Baby." He called the freight company for an afternoon pick-up.

Later on, watching the freight truck negotiate its way down the slushy street, and away from there, he began to cry.

Back inside, he walked to the fireplace where two stockings hung from the mantel. Opening a Christmas card, he neatly wrote "I love you" with his pencil, put it in the envelope, and dropped it into the stocking that read "HERS". He was laughing again, but he didn't know why.
And . . .then . . .in the midst of the laughter . . .he cries.

He wrapped himself in beautiful blue paper, accented with metallic blue ribbons. Outside the snow began to fall heavily. He was ready.

In the morning, they'd find that the stockings were not the only thing hung on the chimney with care. Pretty paper . .pretty ribbons . .of blue.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If you were going for macabe, you hit the mark.

join