It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump picks "Mad Dog" Mattis for Secretary of Defense

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
We need replace Chuck Norris with Mad Dog in all of those memes, print out flyers, and post them all over ISIS's territory. It could be the best propaganda campaign of all time

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well I think we both know the answer to that one.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You are describing the jobs of the chief of staffs not the Sec def.

No,

The Chiefs of staff are the top Generals in all 4 services. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is the Top General overall.

Each Service has a civilian Secretary who works with the top General. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs will work alongside the Secretary of Defense.

I'm pleased that the Chairmen and SecDef will both be Marines. The Marine Corps should be taken care of for the next few years.
edit on 2-12-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Pyle

With tons of experience and expertise.

He has the respect of not just the Marine Corp, but every other branch.
He's well trusted among the troops and for good reasons.

You and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Mattis faced plenty of competition along the way,
including retired Army Gen. Jack Keane, former Republican
Sen. Jim Talent of Missouri, and others.
Keane reportedly declined Trump's offer to serve at the
Pentagon but recommended Mattis for the position.

For what it's worth, and yanked off the Fox News blog---
www.businessinsider.com...

Says plenty from another rotated four-star. As another old
guy, and let me emphasize no skin in the sand-- I would still
follow James Mattis to Valhalla because he knows the long way .

PS only 85 rounds? They short-sheeted ya for that meetup.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

PS only 85 rounds? They short-sheeted ya for that meetup.

That's 5 mags. That's what I carried when I was on the ground.

In the air I had a hell of alot more and tons of belted ammo for the 2 M240H guns and the m249 I brought with me just in case.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The next Secretary of Defense. /salute

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Good to know silly 8th grade school machismo is now something to be lauded. I'll bet you think its cool when a man beats his wife because the silly woman wouldn't make him a sandwich. The machismo think is for week insecure ego driven children who as so afraid of how the world views them that they have to overcompensate with some comical display of male dominance.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

WHy do i read that statement in the drill sergeants voice from Full metal jacket?

HEy That man deserves to be working for Trump too. Ermee i think is his last name right?
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: added bad arsery

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Good to know silly 8th grade school machismo is now something to be lauded. I'll bet you think its cool when a man beats his wife because the silly woman wouldn't make him a sandwich. The machismo think is for week insecure ego driven children who as so afraid of how the world views them that they have to overcompensate with some comical display of male dominance.

You fight fire with fire dont you?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You have proof that General Mattis is a wife beating pig?

Maybe you should inform the authorities?

Unless of course you're just trying to slander the General...
edit on -060009am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

“4. Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

I find it a highly ignorant thing to say. This guy believes some people hate the US because of freedom? No, people hate the US because they go to random countries and bomb the # out of them. There's a difference.

They hated the US before any world policing so.... lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: WUNK22

Why would liberals be afraid of a military vet as Secretary of Defense? That only makes sense and did you know there are military members who aren't Republican? Crazy right?

Probably for the same reason they believe and say he's (Trump) going to round up gay or black people.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Pyle
Don't like this pick. We have enough generals in the military. We don't need a retired one in the 2nd Highest Civilian position in the Military.

Well after 8 years of using the military for social engineering and SJW bull# it's nice to have someone who will bring back the warrior spirit.

Seems like regression.

How shocking! Somebody upset that the military will get back to doing military things instead of spending all their time figuring out how to lower standards in the name of "equality."

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I bet you have a hard time making a relevant point without using strawman arguments, don't you?

You call it overcompensation and machismo, I call it a guy who knows what combat is, knows what the purpose behind warfare is, and doesn't apologize for not crapping his pants over it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You fight fire with fire dont you?

No, you look at the cause which requires nuance, introspection, and looking at it from other sides as well. That said, none of that has a place on the battlefield, because if you humanize the enemy or cause soldiers to doubt themselves/their mission for even a second, you'll get them killed by an enemy who isn't doing that.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not at all. You have outed yourself as exactly what I've described. Combat is brutal, ugly, and nothing to be lauded or held up in high regard (unless you think that killing is a morally good thing). What he should apologize for is implying that because someone is against war they are a 'pussy' which is exactly like I described: an over-compensatory macho driven ego.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You misread my post. The general is not a wife beating pig, those people you think anti-war protesters are 'pussies' are the same kind of people that think wife beating is a morally correct atavistic approach.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Lol your mental gymnastics is truly amazing. I haven't outed myself as anything, champ. Mattis doesn't "laud" warfare, he just isn't scared of it.

And he isn't afraid to make fun of people. Which, obviously, is offensive to those who think words can hurt them.

Case in point.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Not at all. You have outed yourself as exactly what I've described. Combat is brutal, ugly, and nothing to be lauded or held up in high regard (unless you think that killing is a morally good thing). What he should apologize for is implying that because someone is against war they are a 'pussy' which is exactly like I described: an over-compensatory macho driven ego.

You would be the first person over run in combat.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Better than the classic left...wearing dresses trying to find out which of 40 different genders the belong to, while sticking their fingers in their ears so they don't hear that they lost the election.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join