It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump picks "Mad Dog" Mattis for Secretary of Defense

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
New on Zero Hedge. Trump Picks Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis As Secretary Of Defense. Guy is a retired Marine Corp general, and damn but this guy sounds like he's as tough as old shoe leather. ZH provided 16 quotes from him. This one is typical:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all.

This guy deserves to be in the Pentagon a lot more than Donald Rumsfeld did, or whoever Obama has this year (too many to keep track of).

This guy deserves his own Comic Book, He is frightening.

What's frightening about him?

Too masculine for ya?

No too "B" Movie-ish. Read "Foolish" kind of tRump talk. He should stay retired.

B-movie ish? Uh, General Mattis isn't an actor, he's a Goddamned Profesional Bad Ass!!!
and for the record I am NOT A TRUMP fan, However Making this Man secretary of defense? Brownie point for Donald Drumpf. (F@CK, I never thought I would say something positive about Donald. . . . . Well, other than, that he ISN'T Hillary Clinton.

Well, never mind. We've been trolled.

Yea, keep that in mind the next time we see a post on ATS about the "Fake News" epidemic we are facing from the Alt Right!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Guys, it hasn't been officially announced, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

There are many other sources reporting this.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
MilitaryTimes is running with it too, citing WaPo's report.

While definitely not an official publication of the DoD, I'd be willing to bet a dollar it's a done deal.

Fantastic choice.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I just heard an audio clip of him on Fox. I love to hear this guy talk, what a badass, this guy is just what the DR. ordered.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Ascared of a MAN who isn't Affraid to Kick Some Ass and Take Names ? Just what this Pussyfied Country Needs Right Now . Oohrah !

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

New on Zero Hedge. Trump Picks Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis As Secretary Of Defense. Guy is a retired Marine Corp general, and damn but this guy sounds like he's as tough as old shoe leather. ZH provided 16 quotes from him. This one is typical:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all.

This guy deserves to be in the Pentagon a lot more than Donald Rumsfeld did, or whoever Obama has this year (too many to keep track of).

Too masculine for ya?

lol , masculinity is sexist and ignorant unless ofcourse you are a feline heroine

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Tell that Crap to your Ancient Ancestors , if it Wasen't for their Tough Survival Skills , you wouldn't be here Right Now .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all". Did Mad Dog actually say this? I like this guy!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

If this news are true, my husband is very please to have this man as the secretary of defense, as a military man himself my husband said this man is more than qualified.

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

i think you missed my sarcasm

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
THE CHESTY PULLER OF THE 21ST CENTURY! HOO RAH!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Too masculine for ya?

No too "B" Movie-ish. Read "Foolish" kind of tRump talk. He should stay retired.

Doesn't look like "Chisel-Chest" ever fought in open Combat either.

Listen to this guy,,,I bet he would make you soil yourself

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
“When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy”

-General James N. Mattis

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Oh , OK . Duly Noted Soldier !

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
THE CHESTY PULLER OF THE 21ST CENTURY! HOO RAH!!

Let's not get carried away...

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hell I agree with him that is why I marry no pussy, I came from a family that have plenty of heroes that gave their lives for this country and the flag that represent them, from WWll to Vietnam, then my brother served and so my husband.

Hoorrah, no pussy in my family either.

edit on 1-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

Too masculine for ya?

Doesn't look like "Chisel-Chest" ever fought in open Combat either.

Go take a look at his service record.

Also, if you've never served you wouldn't understand why he's so popular across ALL services of the military.

Those of us whose job is or was to go to war for the country don't care much about your indignation. War isn't a nice business and we need people in key positions who aren't trying to pick turds up from the clean end.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
“When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy”

-General James N. Mattis

Ha! That'll surely trigger a few "sensitive" people out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ooo-rah.

The country still needs real leader like Gen. Mattis.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hell might be the first right pick that Trump has made. He is qualified and though he doesnt want to send his boys off to die, he will not quibble....

Set em straight Devil Dog

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join