It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump picks "Mad Dog" Mattis for Secretary of Defense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

If this will make it to where we win a war instead of prolonging them into perpetuity, I'm excited.

That said, I'm no fan of war, but if war is inevitable, I would hope that it's fought in a method that yields the quickest end to the war (and victory for us, of course).

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The 'Warrior Monk'.

From what I read about him, he says a lot of what you consider raunchy funny stuff, but has quite the library about world history and specifically politics of warfare througout human history.
edit on 1-12-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
12. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”

Describes Obama's eight years.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
New on Zero Hedge. Trump Picks Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis As Secretary Of Defense. Guy is a retired Marine Corp general, and damn but this guy sounds like he's as tough as old shoe leather. ZH provided 16 quotes from him. This one is typical:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all.

This guy deserves to be in the Pentagon a lot more than Donald Rumsfeld did, or whoever Obama has this year (too many to keep track of).

This guy deserves his own Comic Book, He is frightening.

What's frightening about him?

Too masculine for ya?

No too "B" Movie-ish. Read "Foolish" kind of tRump talk. He should stay retired.

Doesn't look like "Chisel-Chest" ever fought in open Combat either.
edit on 1-12-2016 by ugmold because: addition

+2 more 
link   
"If in order to kill the enemy you have to kill an innocent, don't take the shot. Don't create more enemies than you take out by some immoral act."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them" Both Mattis Quotes. I F@CKING LOVE THIS GUY!!!! 🤘🤘🤘

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

edit on 1-12-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Article has been updated:

Update: It appears the WaPo may be guilty of spreading "fake news." According to Jason Miller, Trump's communications director, "No decision has been made yet with regard to Secretary of Defense."

Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

New on Zero Hedge. Trump Picks Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis As Secretary Of Defense. Guy is a retired Marine Corp general, and damn but this guy sounds like he's as tough as old shoe leather. ZH provided 16 quotes from him. This one is typical:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all.

This guy deserves to be in the Pentagon a lot more than Donald Rumsfeld did, or whoever Obama has this year (too many to keep track of).

Too masculine for ya?

No too "B" Movie-ish. Read "Foolish" kind of tRump talk. He should stay retired.

B-movie ish? Uh, General Mattis isn't an actor, he's a Goddamned Profesional Bad Ass!!!

Drop the "Bad" and I agree.

Those that "glamorize" War while behind a desk are frightening.
"Masters of War"
-Bob Dylan
edit on 1-12-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Too masculine for ya?

B-movie ish? Uh, General Mattis isn't an actor, he's a Goddamned Profesional Bad Ass!!!
and for the record I am NOT A TRUMP fan, However Making this Man secretary of defense? Brownie point for Donald Drumpf. (F@CK, I never thought I would say something positive about Donald. . . . . Well, other than, that he ISN'T Hillary Clinton.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Too masculine for ya?

Drop the "Bad" and I agree.

Those that "glamorize" War while behind a desk are frightening.
"Masters of War"
-Bob
edit on 1-12-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The one thing that makes me nervous about General Patreaus is the fact that he is working on gun control legislation with Mark Kelly.

Retired U.S. Army Gen. David Petraeus, who has long resisted calls to run for political office, is teaming up with retired NASA astronaut Mark Kelly to create a new group urging greater gun control.

Doesn't sound like the sort of person Trump should have in his cabinet to me. After all Trump did talk an awful lot about the 2nd amendment.

The two announced on Friday that they were launching Veterans Coalition for Common Sense to encourage elected leaders to "do more to prevent gun tragedies." The group will feature veterans from every branch of the military who are urging lawmakers to toughen gun laws, the organization said in a news release.

For the record I did vote for Trump, but I find this troubling.

lol sorry wrong general ignore my comments

Link to story
edit on 1-12-2016 by Diisenchanted because: realized my mistake

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

Update: It appears the WaPo may be guilty of spreading "fake news." According to Jason Miller, Trump's communications director, "No decision has been made yet with regard to Secretary of Defense."

Goes to show how many people actually READ the article as opposed to see a headline and automatically believe it.

About three pages in and there's yet to be a single comment about how it's been confirmed that there's been no official announcement on this.

Yeah, folks, the "fake news," is real - and it's being propagated and perpetuated on ATS by those too lazy or too apathetic to look into things before posting them.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Booo!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Goes to show how many people actually READ the article as opposed to see a headline and automatically believe it.

About three pages in and there's yet to be a single comment about how it's been confirmed that there's been no official announcement on this.

Yeah, folks, the "fake news," is real - and it's being propagated and perpetuated on ATS by those too lazy or too apathetic to look into things before posting them.

Damn! We've been had again 😠

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Too masculine for ya?

and for the record I am NOT A TRUMP fan, However Making this Man secretary of defense? Brownie point for Donald Drumpf. (F@CK, I never thought I would say something positive about Donald. . . . . Well, other than, that he ISN'T Hillary Clinton.

Well, never mind. We've been trolled.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Wow, a military guy is a liberals worst nightmare! Bet he didn't even go to a Ivy League school...

those two points right there make him a wonderful pick!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Maybe to the spineless.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Washington Post and NY Post are both running articles about the pick.

USA Today. NY Times.

All are running articles that Trump has picked him as SecDef. Trump camp hasn't confirmed it yet, though.

Congress would have to waive the requirement that SecDef not be recently retired from active duty though, IIRC.

ETA - NY Post and USA Today are citing a WaPo article as their source, but USA Today cites WaPo and CNN both, and references other "sources on The Hill."

edit on 1-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

This is exactly the kind of man I want at the helm of the DOD.

Bring the warrior culture back to the military.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What, you want somebody running the DoD that actually understands what the military is there for and what combat is? And that the military is not a social experiment best used to distribute thigh-masters after a tsunami?

How regressive of you

edit on 1-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join