It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump picks "Mad Dog" Mattis for Secretary of Defense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
New on Zero Hedge. Trump Picks Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis As Secretary Of Defense. Guy is a retired Marine Corp general, and damn but this guy sounds like he's as tough as old shoe leather. ZH provided 16 quotes from him. This one is typical:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all.

This guy deserves to be in the Pentagon a lot more than Donald Rumsfeld did, or whoever Obama has this year (too many to keep track of).

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
New on Zero Hedge. Trump Picks Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis As Secretary Of Defense. Guy is a retired Marine Corp general, and damn but this guy sounds like he's as tough as old shoe leather. ZH provided 16 quotes from him. This one is typical:

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you # with me, I’ll kill you all.

This guy deserves to be in the Pentagon a lot more than Donald Rumsfeld did, or whoever Obama has this year (too many to keep track of).

This guy deserves his own Comic Book, He is frightening.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow, a military guy is a liberals worst nightmare! Bet he didn't even go to a Ivy League school...

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh look the grown ups have arrived.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Why would liberals be afraid of a military vet as Secretary of Defense? That only makes sense and did you know there are military members who aren't Republican? Crazy right?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

USMC Generals are a different breed of General. I have seen an Admiral of a carrier step to the side of his own ship when a MC General enters the hallway.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Seems like a perfect choice for the Job.

Better than a random banker/activist/lawyer/other assorted troublemaker which seems to be the trend in Europe for Defence Ministers..

+8 more 
link   

As long as the carrot no longer hides behind 'nation building and regime' change', I couldn't give a sh!t what stick he wields......and I say this because that is exactly what Trump said he's going to stop - team America, world police stuff.

+17 more 
link   
Nobody is Douglas MacArthur...he was a god..

But damn if Mattis doesn't remind me if Patton...

Let remember folks, wars are fought to be won...
This revelation will come as a shock to democrats who would rather cede china to mao's communists than fight for the moral high ground...

Go get em, mad dog!!!

-Chris

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He sounds like a good choice

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Boom! I'll say this much, we lose Obama and gain this guy... Yea, the rest of the world woke back the effff up!

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Boom! I'll say this much, we lose Obama and gain this guy... Yea, the rest of the world woke back the effff up!

Yep!

That will be the end of "sensitivity training" in the military! Ain't no gender when you sign up to be a soldier!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hmm. He believes in a two-state solution in Israel / Palestine and that settlements are harming the peace process.

Believes ISIS and Iran are not enemies, despite every indication they are.

Lambasted Obama for pointing out that some "allies" (Saudi Arabia) are freeloaders and want to drag the US into their sectarian fights

Well, 1 out of 3 ain't too bad I guess.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This has not yet been officially announced.

I think it would be a good choice.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I like this pick.
Turned Trump away from torture.
That kind of means something -
we may have war but it will be human.
This guy seems he doesn't descend into depravity.

www.motherjones.com...
edit on 1-12-2016 by MagicCow because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

"General Mattis is a strong, highly dignified man. I met with him at length and I asked him that question. I said, 'What do you think of waterboarding?'" Trump told The New York Times. "He said -- I was surprised -- he said, 'I've never found it to be useful.' He said, 'I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture.'" "I'm not saying it changed my mind. Look, we have people that are chopping off heads and drowning people in steel cages and we're not allowed to waterboard," Trump said. But I'll tell you what, I was impressed by that answer."

www.cnn.com...
No apology tour for this administration

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well, that will be the true test now won't it? Trump brags about opposing the Iraq war and the Libyan invasion but has also been proven to be a liar on those issues. The man flip flops literally every day on all kinds of issues. You don't know where he stands and, to me, it's obvious he's easily influenced on subjects he knows nothing about.

So that said, will we continue to see nation building, drone strikes, invasions, and welfare being provided to the MIC?

Of course we will.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
12. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join