It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK shout out, it's getting nippy out and hard times are a brewing...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I really love
how you Brits all show up and state your weather comments.
For an outsider (me) this reads like a slightly racist yet hilarious multi person joke.

Ze Germans are more efficient ja?

Us Brits are outta here lady, don't you give me that face!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

a reply to: nonspecificYou in need of some attention to keep you warm during the cold weather. Get yourself a hot water bottle companion to talk to during the cold spell. I'm sure you will enjoy the company and the stimulating debate an hottie bottie can provide those who are lonesome!

Oh and yes the weather will be pretty cold back in blighty just now I'm sure.

Keep well rapt up!

I thought you refused to talk to me after our little tiffs?

Back in Blighty? that sounds like your sunning it up in that Europe you were so hasty to leave?

Keep safe and warm chicken
Not talking nor in Europe! Either way BREXIT rules. Possible FREXIT and IREXIT to follow. Bye bye EU!

Well you are talking and we both agreed that we dislike everything about each others opinions attitudes and general demeanour?

So why not pop back to your little bnp meeting or whatever you are up to and leave it be fella, otherwise it just gets ugly without cause does it it not.

You have a very interesting disturbed view of the world, fella! Enjoy the weather and keep warm. BNP? (nope!)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecificYou in need of some attention to keep you warm during the cold weather. Get yourself a hot water bottle companion to talk to during the cold spell. I'm sure you will enjoy the company and the stimulating debate an hottie bottie can provide those who are lonesome!

Keep well rapt up!

Back in Blighty? that sounds like your sunning it up in that Europe you were so hasty to leave?

Not talking nor in Europe! Either way BREXIT rules. Possible FREXIT and IREXIT to follow. Bye bye EU!

Well you are talking and we both agreed that we dislike everything about each others opinions attitudes and general demeanour?

So why not pop back to your little bnp meeting or whatever you are up to and leave it be fella, otherwise it just gets ugly without cause does it it not.

You have a very interesting disturbed view of the world, fella! Enjoy the weather and keep warm. BNP? (nope!)

Blah blah blah ect....

Why do you feel the need to do this? we both know we disagree and dislike each other so as earlier why not leave it as that and be done?

link   

Keep well rapt up!

Blah blah blah ect....

Why do you feel the need to do this? we both know we disagree and dislike each other so as earlier why not leave it as that and be done?

link   

Keep well rapt up!

Blah blah blah ect....

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Can't help it you're just so too cute

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Keep well rapt up!

Blah blah blah ect....

Oh, dear Lord!! Triple post old chap, triple post old chap, triple post old chap.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I'm putting a tenner on a White Christmas , 7/1 for Birmingham.

Does anyone realise that we're about to celebrate the quarter-centenary of the "wrong kind of snow" joke? I've just looked it up.
We ought to do something to honour the occasion. Who wants to explain it to the Americans?

Oops, double-checked. We should have celebrated it in February. Yet another delay...
edit on 1-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
www.telegraph.co.uk...
It looks like it might stay cold for a time. I was reading the there is a big build up of cold air up north and will affect you peeps and heading our way next week. Take care over there people and stay warm.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: astra001uk
I live in Teesside and may well have to start wearing my coat shortly
The wood is cut ready for my woodburner which i installed a few years ago to help lower the amount of money i give to the stealing energy companies It is yet to be really cold here which is becoming sadly more common Up to around thirty years ago it would be frosty at the end of September and often snow before November not so now
The people here are more and more segregating themselves into two tribes, the have and the have nots its a shame We do have a growing service industry here, its the food banks

Ah, a Smoggie on ATS I thought it never got cold on Teeside what with all those chemical industrial complexes on the Tees .... or is that just Middlesboro? (just kidding, originally from Newcastle myself)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You Brits and your weather
Out comes the sunscreen and hat today, think it's going to be a nice mild 33 degrees in my part of Aussie.
Anything under 35 is not to hot, my kinda day, though I expect the weather to warm up soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Not really. There is the odd bag egg but the majority are cool.Nottingham went through a bad patch but right now, it's pretty tame.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yanno, 7/1 for Birmingham sounds good, I might put a tenner on that as well. If anywhere in the Midlands gets snow then Brum is guaranteed to get twice as much.

Anyway, it ain't that cold. Sure, the frost the other morning was brutal and I hadn't seen a proper frost for about 3 years before that, granted I was in Cornwall for 2 of those, but it really ain't that cold. Which means we could be in for a lot of snow - neither too cold nor warm. Then it'll get cold, very cold.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Not really. There is the odd bag egg but the majority are cool.Nottingham went through a bad patch but right now, it's pretty tame.

I think I must have been there for the worst of it, around 200-2008 and lived in Sneinton, smack bang in the middle of St Annes and the Meadows.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It truly is taters.

Please everybody remember to put out a few crumbs for the wildlife so the little ones can survive.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Hi corblimeyguvnor you are right our chemical industrial complexes along with the dodgy nuclear power station do seem to help keep us in our T shirts
once away from the smog it does get a bit more normal
Newcastle is helping keep us warm too as we burn all Newcastles municipal waste here
I like Newcastle the quayside can be most interesting on a weekend. I find the people very friendly too

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
It truly is taters.

Please everybody remember to put out a few crumbs for the wildlife so the little ones can survive.

It was not nearly as bad this morning, not even frozen car at half six.

How's your health in this kind of weather? my back and neck suffer badly due to the breaks and rehealing of old.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Lol, my mum works in Sneinton with drug addicts and alcholics. She's told me some horror stories that I daren't even repeat here.
Eta: It was bad in the early noughties, hence the nickname 'Shottingham' lol.
edit on 2-12-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: Added further commentary.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Glad you could get your car started.

My health? Honestly not great, the cold seems to encourage the coughing so standing on the doorstep chucking out breadcrumbs first thing in the morning is actually an action worthy of sainthood

I take it your neck and back pains aren't muscular? If they were I'd recommend arnica gel. The best thing I ever did for my back was to get a chair* that supported it and avoid ever sitting in soft armchairs and sofas.

*Ikea office chair discovered entirely by accident when The Boss bought one for the office. Oh, the relief. I soon had one at home, too.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Since we're here talking stereotypes. A funny story I always thought you Brits got the reputation you're uptight? Overcame that one very efficient, congrats.

*@cobaltic1978

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join