It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK shout out, it's getting nippy out and hard times are a brewing...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not exclusive to my island brethren but it's been an odd few months and without a brexit or general election we seem to be at a loss, sure the daily fail is reporting nonsense but we are British and the weather is looking pretty brutal here in Gloucestershire so why not do what we are known for and talk about the weather, say hello or I am still alive and suchlike.

It is what we do best...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yeah it's pretty cold here in Notts.Looking like a bad winter this year.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yep it's been plenty cold for the last few days , hard frost this morning in Shropshire ,I'm putting a tenner on a White Christmas , 7/1 for Birmingham.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You're right nonspecific, it is damn cold! Now the memorial from my home village in Devon that reads "the Devil died of the cold here" is beginning to make sense. It must have actually been a general statement about his last minute holiday booking to the UK.

He planned for fornication, torture and deviled eggs by the dozen, but ended up with frost bite of the willy, a tea evening at mrs. goodwin's and some meat wrapped in pastry. Silly devil.
edit on 1/12/2016 by constant_thought because: typo...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecificYou in need of some attention to keep you warm during the cold weather. Get yourself a hot water bottle companion to talk to during the cold spell. I'm sure you will enjoy the company and the stimulating debate an hottie bottie can provide those who are lonesome!

Oh and yes the weather will be pretty cold back in blighty just now I'm sure.

Keep well rapt up!

edit on 1-12-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
a reply to: nonspecificYou in need of some attention to keep you warm during the cold weather. Get yourself a hot water bottle companion to talk to during the cold spell. I'm sure you will enjoy the company and the stimulating debate an hottie bottie can provide those who are lonesome!

Keep well rapt up!

I thought you refused to talk to me after our little tiffs?

Back in Blighty? that sounds like your sunning it up in that Europe you were so hasty to leave?

Keep safe and warm chicken

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Freezing in London.

Gonna stick the heater on soon.

Haven't done it yet cos I'm just too lazy.

My hard nipples will soon get me up.

Edit: would probably help if I closed the window as well.

Och what am I talking aboot, I'm half Scottish I love this weather.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's winter, it gets cold, it always has, except last year, it was very much an unseasonally mild period. There was a bit more money around last year than there is this year, my City is skint and have ceased all spending unless critical.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, the mayor is out of his depth and the fingers are tightening around his throat.

There's a bubbling amongst the populace and they know it, maybe even want it?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Yeah it's pretty cold here in Notts.Looking like a bad winter this year.

Lived in Notts for years mate, is it still dangerous with idiots thinking they are gangsters when they are just council house kids with guns? I do not miss that silly #.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Cold in Staffs too.
Gets my bad back all hassled up!
Still... I'm warm indoors, fed and have a bed to go to so I can't grumble.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just saw some brass monkeys chasing their balls....so thats enough for me to call it cold.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Just saw some brass monkeys chasing their balls....so thats enough for me to call it cold.

Do you know where that phrase comes from? I found it interesting but then again I listen to radio 4 and read book and such...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Keep well rapt up!

Back in Blighty? that sounds like your sunning it up in that Europe you were so hasty to leave?

Not talking nor in Europe! Either way BREXIT rules. Possible FREXIT and IREXIT to follow. Bye bye EU!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Very brisk out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Keep well rapt up!

Not talking nor in Europe! Either way BREXIT rules. Possible FREXIT and IREXIT to follow. Bye bye EU!

Well you are talking and we both agreed that we dislike everything about each others opinions attitudes and general demeanour?

So why not pop back to your little bnp meeting or whatever you are up to and leave it be fella, otherwise it just gets ugly without cause does it it not.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I live in Teesside and may well have to start wearing my coat shortly
The wood is cut ready for my woodburner which i installed a few years ago to help lower the amount of money i give to the stealing energy companies It is yet to be really cold here which is becoming sadly more common Up to around thirty years ago it would be frosty at the end of September and often snow before November not so now
The people here are more and more segregating themselves into two tribes, the have and the have nots its a shame We do have a growing service industry here, its the food banks

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I really love
how you Brits all show up and state your weather comments.
For an outsider (me) this reads like a slightly racist yet hilarious multi person joke.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Don't get us started!

Don't mention tea either!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Baby it's cold outside!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I really love
how you Brits all show up and state your weather comments.
For an outsider (me) this reads like a slightly racist yet hilarious multi person joke.
We would rather joke on coke than compete, if you know what I mean! Brits on trips!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join