It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Children's Clown of Aleppo Killed in Air Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Anas al-Basha was a 24 year old who put his life on the line for the children of Aleppo , rather than flee the city he decided to stay and work as a volunteer helping the the real victims of this war without end , now he has met the fate of so many of his countryman.

Mr Basha died in an air strike on Tuesday in the Mashhad neighbourhood, the Associated Press news agency reports.
"He lived to make children laugh and happy in the darkest most dangerous place," Mahmoud al-Basha, who identified himself as Anas' brother, wrote on Facebook. "Anas who refused to leave Aleppo and decided to stay there to continue his work as a volunteer, to help the civilians and give gifts for the children in the streets to bring hope for them."

www.bbc.co.uk...

RiP Anas al-Basha ,may the peace of Allah be upon you.

edit on 1-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This one man represents the tragedy of war, of innocent lives lost.
edit on 1-12-2016 by VegHead because: not good at words and emotions at the same time

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I read this article today and thought to myself who was this clown of Aleppo?

I searched and struggled to find anything on him, except his death.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Isn't that normally the way with people who do selfless deeds ?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Isn't that normally the way with people who do selfless deeds ?

Yes of course, how cynical of me.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
War is truly tragic. May he rest in peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
lets review:
he refused to leave a war zone
he was living in enemy territory
but it was the Russians and assad that killed him.

I would say there is some misplaced blame going on here.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You may have a point as there seems to be personalities being created to fuel the western MSM meme of assaud must go and that a no fly zone should be implemented bY the US-NATO so they can have the Libya experience . Not saying this Clown is not real but he may be just another of others before him . This piece over at 21st century wire is well worth the read and consideration .

First there was the Gay Girl of Damascus, back in 2011, and now we have @AlabedBana tweeting from Aleppo. The Bana story all began in September of 2016 when 7 year old Bana began to tweet from eastern Aleppo to share with the world her anxiety about living in a war-torn city. It is perhaps a sad reflection of the world we live in that her arrival on the social media scene provoked a certain amount of scepticism, hilarity even. It seems only fair to endeavour to consider the Bana case objectively.
21stcenturywire.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

There is blame on both sides , this story here isn't about who's to blame for his death rather it's about a man who attempted to help the youngest victims of the war by giving them something else to think about other than impending death , he did what he felt he needed to do and paid the price.
It's easy to criticise from a position of safety and comfort.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Think these news snippets are created to create a human feel to the conflict in which it becomes our moral duty to act. Very similar theme to the Cat man stroy of Aleppo who looked after all the cats or the Gardener of Aleppo who kept growing flowers until he was bombed.

None the less a nice story

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Death has come, war brings horror. This man stood in the face of horror to bring a smile to a few, may God show mercy, I'd raise my glass in his honor!

top topics

join